37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup

• Marietta
    • Eastside Catholic
  2. 2. Who wins

• STA
    • St. Louis

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Man, idk. I have different reasons to like different qbs. Some were never deemed as topside talent for college and beyond, so, I guess it depends on the criteria. 

Bailey is great, there is no doubt about it. Just look at what he was surrounded by though. 

I wasn't disagreeing with your take really, just pointing out that Jaycee was neck and neck with him all season, which considering Bailey as a top qb ever in Georgia high school history, is saying something pretty good about Jaycee as well. Totally different kids, with different personalities and intangibles and on different trajectories as well. 

I agree. And I’ve liked Jaycee all season. He was great this year. I’m interested to see how the Zane kid does next year in that offensive system. He made some really nice plays in whatever game it was that kid hurdled dude 

52 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Harrison Bailey entered the game with 44, threw for six tonight. 4,800 yards and 50 touchdown passes in 7A as a senior. He’s to me by far the best high class QB to come out of Georgia in a long time if ever

Thank God he’s coming to Knoxville next year to play for the Big Orange!

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I agree. And I’ve liked Jaycee all season. He was great this year. I’m interested to see how the Zane kid does next year in that offensive system. He made some really nice plays in whatever game it was that kid hurdled dude 

I'm not sure that it's 100 percent that Zane will be the starter. Rumors are he could have a challenge at the position. Idk yet. 

1 hour ago, CODBEARD said:

whoo hoo they get to watch their Huskies get cornholed on national TV as well... ... bet they can't wait to go homecoming 15 years from now and someone says yeah dude I remember you .You were on that state champion team that went to vegas and got embarrassed on national TV...ahhh the memories

No need to be so harsh on kids. EC is a pretty good team. Just not top 10 good like Marietta. Bad matchup. Very few would match up favorably with this passing game.

Marietta really started to click in the playoffs. During the regular season their WRs would catch the really difficult ones but drop the easy passes. That changed in the playoffs & Harrison Bailey, Kimani Vidal, Ricky White, & Arik Gilbert all really found a groove on O. 

BJ Ojulari has been dominant all year on D. 

I wish Gary Osby wouldve played for Lowndes vs Marietta... I think Lowndes' O wouldve had a bit more success having another weapon like him in the backfield. Hes also a very good LB. Hes a downhill RB at 220lbs & brings a lot of physicality.

1 hour ago, CODBEARD said:

What about the transfer from UMD Kasim Hill?  He was pretty good for MD before the injuries..no shot? I am pretty sure he was made promises as well to transfer there.. He played for Poggi at Gilman then transferred his Sr year to SJC..  He and Pops not a fan of the Biffster.. just saying..

How many injuries is Hill coming off of?  

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

#230 EC was the 7th best team on Marietta's schedule. On par with Milton per CP.

And remember that EC was Plan C in this game after #11 Chandler AZ and #12 Corner Canyon UT declined. Rashid did the best he could with the hand he was dealt.

Garden, you know how I feel about CP.  If you don't, then I'll tell you now.  I disregard it all together. 

13 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

What we do know is either of those other two Top 10 teams would've made last night's game a much better one. 

Stop it. Utah’s team would have got running clock’d too. 

If it’s not Chandler Arizona, Georgia and Florida’s No. 1 should only play Florida/Georgia teams until this event can add better states. 

34 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

I think it's obvious that they were one of, if not the worst team on the Marietta schedule.  They have been solid in the past but this season, they weren't worthy.

They should be a cautionary tale for people like Omaha Vol, etc.

Just because a team wins a state championship doesn't mean they're really good.

They won the state championship in the second largest class in Washington. People thought they were good because they beat Centennial (and not even in the current season). People thought Centennial was good because they beat STA and Bishop Gorman (and one of hem not even in the season in which they played Eastside Catholic).

They played nobody all year. They lost to O'Dea by 22 points. They almost lost to Pinnacle. They gave up 35 points to something called Seattle Prep.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

If it’s not Chandler Arizona, Georgia and Florida’s No. 1 should only play Florida/Georgia teams until this event can add better states. 

Georgia wins one game against a cream puff and you're ready to revamp the entire event.

Good one.

And you forgot to add St. Frances to the list with Chandler.

38 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

LOL. This didnt age well. You were only 48 points off... And Mariettas backups played the 4th Q... They couldve named the score.

@imaGoodBoyNow

On 12/16/2019 at 10:42 PM, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Eastside Catholic has to many weapons 

EC by 9

39 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

LOL. This didnt age well. You were only 48 points off... And Mariettas backups played the 4th Q... They couldve named the score.

@imaGoodBoyNow

On 12/16/2019 at 10:42 PM, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Eastside Catholic has to many weapons 

EC by 9

Poor bastard!