Soul searching time for DLS

Sammyswordsman

9 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

THERE IS NO WAY THE DLS ROSTER IS MADE UP OF 80 PLUS PERCENT OF PLAYERS THAT LIVE IN CONCORD. They just aren't considered "transfers" because of the way privates are allowed to operate. 

At least you've backed off from your claim from the other week that no players live in Concord.  And you're fixed on Concord when Walnut Creek is about two blocks from the school.  My buddy lived in Pleasant Hill and rode his bike to DLS till he could drive.  Clayton is just down the street, etc. etc.

6 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

before you go on and on about all Folsom's "transfers" and include numbers, I shall provide some context to you ahead of time.

And by the way, my posts are really not about Folsom.  I just them as an example for the point I was trying to make for two reasons 1) to rile you up and 2) because I know how many transfers they had (also because of you), so I could back up my point with facts.  If I knew how many Clayton Valley had, I could have just as easily used them.  I don't even know if CVC had any, just kind of assuming that given their history, they probably have more than DLS.  But since I can't back it up, I used Folsom.  Not throwing stones, just citing an example.

55 minutes ago, Rippers said:

Read the first six words of my post, dumbass.

And speaking of six, six players who played over the course of the last 30 years were used as examples of of DLS's advantages.  Yes, we all know that there were more than six, but come on.  Exactly how many transfers did Folsom have on their roster just this season alone?  How many did DLS have?

It will be interesting to count the percentage players who will be on the East Bay's "Cream of the Crop"  list who are from DLS when it comes out in a few months.  We can compare that to the percentage of Folsom players that will be on the SJS list.

Someone else said it earlier....DLS has the same advantages as the SJB's and MD's of the world, they just choose not to always use them.  Yeah, I think if a five star landed on their doorstep, of course they will take him (once he passes the entrance exam).  But they are not going to go out an look for them as vigorously as might be done elsewhere.  I think DLS may have stood at that precipitous in the early 2000's, but then opted to take a step back. 

DLS’s most d1’s ever was ‘03 (7, tied with ‘13)

Br, Christopher began his tenure as principal a year or two prior and there wasn’t a P5 D1 in his first 6 classes — he not only didn’t take the 5-star kid that might land in their doorstep, but didn’t even want 2-star guys that came to DLS to play football even if they lived next door 

DLS went 56-10-3 under his watch after going 151-0 — still won section and were a top 3 team in CA every year 

Br Robert returned and DLS finished top 7 in comp six years in a row — 13 MNCs in all over a 22 year period 

this team not that far off those teams 

The academy teams just raised the ceiling by a couple or three TDs

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ararar said:

😂 at DLS supporters claiming their not criminals because they don’t commit as many crimes as someone else 😂

Laughing at socal guys hugging the jockstrap of an assembled all-star team 

you guys should put a team together for the LLWS — could probably even threaten to sue CIF if they want to check ages 

btw, am not saying anyone cheating, but DLS can hold their heads high walking down the street after scaring the piss out of the best, future NFL players in socal without a single 1st team all-Norcal kid.  There’s no “I” in DLS and DLS remains the gold standard for developing kids and football players 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

37 minutes ago, Pops said:

you guys should put a team together for the LLWS — could probably even threaten to sue CIF if they want to check ages 

btw, am not saying anyone cheating, but DLS can hold their heads high walking down the street after scaring the piss out of the best, future NFL players in socal without a single 1st team all-Norcal kid.  There’s no “I” in DLS and DLS remains the gold standard for developing kids and football players 

I didn’t know that about Canyon Country. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Not sure if he still has them, but @sausmann9 has a crazy library of games going back many years.  He sent me a bunch of games on DVD's a few years ago.  BTW @sausmann9 my offer for a free day of golf  in Pebble Beach and dinner is still good. 

I invite you to Talladega, suite and all.

You feign injury, breaking a nail or some shit.

I see you now.

BGW

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pops said:

For someone who claims to have not read spartanhood in years you sure do parrot their talking points.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

no way to view the games online? anyway, SJB and MD have always been able to benefit from drawing athletes from a bigger geographical area than public schools do, the same way as DLS, since private schools, parochial schools, aren't limited to attendance boundaries or residential enrollment boundaries.

if interested PM me and I will send you the entire list of games.  you can pick and choose any of them, still about 400 to choose from.  let me know, no charge if wondering.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pops said:

If SJB isn’t cheating then they also can hold their heads high correct?

your myopia is off the charts Pops 😂

you also continue to make excuses 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pops said:

The bottom line remains the same, DLS has now received 4 straight curb stompings. Congrats on that record . The Washington Generals like your defense. All you have to hang your hat on is pathetic moral victories. You are DLS's version of "block". In other words a forum fool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Kalven said:

For DLS to compete on a tier 1 level again, they need some bodies from way UP north. Oregon, Washington and even Idaho has at least 2-3 gems in their state.

If DLS punches it in from the 1 instead of the Scoop 6, the final is 42-35

Add the TD called back for a questionable holding call and we’re tied 

thrown in the FG that actually did go between the uprights and DLS wins 

they were outmanned at all 22 positions — how great is that?  I wouldn’t have enjoyed a real win nearly as much if DLS had imported dudes in there wearing the silver and green — besides DLS with the same players isn’t fair to Socal 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ararar said:

If SJB isn’t cheating then they also can hold their heads high correct?

your myopia is off the charts Pops 😂

you also continue to make excuses 

SJB can do what they want 

I don’t think you know what that word means 

what is my excuse?  I’m thrilled with the outcome — that’s all that’s bothering 

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

If DLS punches it in from the 1 instead of the Scoop 6, the final is 42-35

Add the TD called back for a questionable holding call and we’re tied 

thrown in the FG that actually did go between the uprights and DLS wins 

they were outmanned at all 22 positions — how great is that?  I wouldn’t have enjoyed a real win nearly as much if DLS had imported dudes in there wearing the silver and green — besides DLS with the same players isn’t fair to Socal 

I see what you're saying but you're only factoring what "ifs" that favors DLS. Every time DLS came close DJ took over and scored right back. Could've / should've been closer? Maybe but DLS loses 10/10 times against SJB/MD. Can't beat the talent disparity.

13 hours ago, Exocet 98 said:

The bottom line remains the same, DLS has now received 4 straight curb stompings. Congrats on that record . The Washington Generals like your defense. All you have to hang your hat on is pathetic moral victories. You are DLS's version of "block". In other words a forum fool.

Speaking of curb stompings:

Last four years for Mission Viejo...

image.thumb.png.5b905e3297fc2f760e79d029723ade0c.png

image.thumb.png.14a33cfd6c4f624bd4204d5aacd8876b.png

image.thumb.png.7919d4de4dc0f722d9c5aea2a04b9d74.png

image.thumb.png.5364c3a82006eb3ede339b6259ae283f.png

In 2016, you guys got curb stomped by Rancho Cucamonga.

Congrats on your record.

• Haha 5

40 minutes ago, Kalven said:

I see what you're saying but you're only factoring what "ifs" that favors DLS. Every time DLS came close DJ took over and scored right back. Could've / should've been closer? Maybe but DLS loses 10/10 times against SJB/MD. Can't beat the talent disparity.

I’m absolutely NOT saying that DLS should have won 

am saying DLS can play with those teams

this team a bit better than ‘17-18 and much better than ‘16 — those were historically down DLS teams playing the first academy teams and they still showed well every time 

this team was clearly capable of winning, but didn’t.   Given the talent disparity, I can’t be disappointed in that — SJB has a bigger and faster athlete (NOT stronger) at every position.  But, this team gives me confidence that if DLS puts together at least an average team (and I think these guys were average at best), they can compete with those future Sunday studs

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pops said:

this team a bit better than ‘17-18 and much better than ‘16 — those were historically down DLS teams playing the first academy teams and they still showed well every time 

Given your standards for other teams it's funny that you think 56-33, 52-21, 35-21 and 49-28 losses are good showings.

21 minutes ago, Pops said:

I’m absolutely NOT saying that DLS should have won 

am saying DLS can play with those teams

this team was clearly capable of winning, but didn’t.   Given the talent disparity, I can’t be disappointed in that — SJB has a bigger and faster athlete (NOT stronger) at every position.  But, this team gives me confidence that if DLS puts together at least an average team (and I think these guys were average at best), they can compete with those future Sunday studs

I totally agree with this!!!.... That game was 2 blown calls and the bad Fumble by DLS away from being 45-42 DLS with 3 min left in the game.... Even with the Blown calls and the big mistake, DLS and their no D1 undermanned team put up more points against SJB then any team not named MD....

What really impressed me about DLS was the Coaching.... Coach A has really done a great job upgrading the Offense.... You could see it in the STA game, he called some great plays but the QB couldn’t Hit them... He hit most of them against SJB and just missed on a couple of others, Dudes were wide open for DLS all night...

As a avid DLS fan, I am good with how DLS did and very happy with how the team is progressing and if DLS has to struggle to beat Teams with 30 whatever D1 players,  I am good with that as well...

Based on the people I have talked to at the games and people I know, I personally think DLS enjoys this challenge... When they do win one of these, it will go down as one of the programs greatest accomplishments and will be that much sweeter for us DLS fans....

Also, other  then DJ, Garrett was the best player on the field Saturday night.... If that dude carried the ball 25 times a game he would be the best RB in Cali.... I have really enjoyed watching that kid play these last few years, he is a special kid and player and will be sorely missed at DLS...

13 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Given your standards for other teams it's funny that you think 56-33, 52-21, 35-21 and 49-28 losses are good showings.

Remember when he used to fall on the DLS hasn’t ever given up 40 points sword 😂 

still makes me chuckle in amazement that DLS is now claiming gutsy little team status 😂