Soul searching time for DLS

Sammyswordsman

14 hours ago, Ararar said:

I know a bunch of excuses and finger pointing have happened.Just like USED to be done to DLS.

There’s no finger pointing 

DLS is still the best regular team in the state — without the advent of the academy teams, the 28 year old NOrCal streak would be the 28 year old CA streak

we’re happy that your able to challenge the boys 

10 hours ago, Ararar said:

The answer is yes they would take him

As part of the admissions process, a prospective transfer student to De La Salle should always consider his ability to be eligible for participation in interscholastic sports. While not every transferring student will desire to compete athletically at De La Salle, he should be aware of the rules that govern his eligibility/ineligibility once he enrolls in the school. The North Coast Section (NCS) of the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) has a very detailed process for athletic eligibility that an applicant should review prior to making a formal decision about acceptance (http://www.cifncs.org/). Some additional information can be found in the Athletics Section of this De La Salle website.

The sad thing is I believe you are smart enough to know how stupid this is as evidence that DLS is anything but pure S the driven snow 

actually the other sad thing is the pride socal is taking in putting a couple of academy teams together that are destroying socal football just to be able that beat DLS — would have been so much more enduring to do it thru hard work 

• Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

actually the other sad thing is the pride socal is taking in putting a couple of academy teams together that are destroying socal football just to be able that beat DLS — would have been so much more enduring to do it thru hard work 

Agreed. It ruined HSFB in the state of CA for the pure pleasure of a few middle aged men still living at home.

7 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Not sure if he still has them, but @sausmann9 has a crazy library of games going back many years.  He sent me a bunch of games on DVD's a few years ago.  BTW @sausmann9 my offer for a free day of golf  in Pebble Beach and dinner is still good. 

Well thank you very much Sir for the invite.  I will make it out there one of these days soon.  Have too many friends out there not to make the trip again.  

@Duckburghsfinest1987 As for the games; these are the ones I still have that are full  length w/ commentary from that time period.  I started w/ DLS/Cali football in 2003 and went back from there.  Please disregard the other games unless interested but I am having problems deleting from that list:

2003 Miscellaneous Football Games

De La Salle CA v Evangel Christian Academy LA

2002 Miscellaneous Football

De La Salle CA v Long Beach Poly CA (#1 v #5 USA)

2001 Miscellaneous Football

De La Salle CA v Long Beach Poly CA ****** (#1 USA v #2 USA) (9 future NFL players)

Long Beach Poly v Edison (wk 4****)

2000 Miscellaneous Football Games

2000 Long Beach Poly CA v Loyola CA (CIF playoffs****)

2000 De La Salle CA v Mater Dei CA (#1 USA v #9 USA)

1998 Mater Dei CA v De La Salle CA (#12 USA v #1 USA)

1998 Mater Dei CA v Poly Long Beach CA (CIF championship)

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Pops said:

Anybody who thought that DLS fans were classy or humble can be disabused of that notion.

They're just as petty and selfish and jealous as every other human being walking this planet.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Pops said:

DLS is still the best regular team in the state — without the advent of the academy teams, the 28 year old NOrCal streak would be the 28 year old CA streak

DLS is not the same as MD or SJB, somewhat similar to how public schools in CA are not the same as DLS. We've been over this before.

DLS benefits from being able to accept kids from a much larger area than a standard public school district. Which of these DLS players were from the Concord area: DJ Williams, Maurice Jones-Drew, Aaron Taylor, Austin Hooper, Amani Toomer, Terrance Kelly, etc.?

DLS doesn't get transfers like MD and SJB do, but they get extremely talented kids from plenty far away -- much more so than say, Monte Vista or Amador Valley or Pittsburg high schools are able to consistently allow.

DLS is a private school, and they work hard, no questions. But they are not a "regular" team.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Pops said:

The sad thing is I believe you are smart enough to know how stupid this is as evidence that DLS is anything but pure S the driven snow 

DLS is the academy team. Y’all just don’t have the horses in the area to complete. Canyon Country started the exposure back in the first SGB in 2006. It’s only gotten worse and will continue for the foreseeable future.

DLS needs to take there wooping, go home and be proud of all those morale victories. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Pops said:

The saddest thing is that you actually believe this drivel 

does DLS accept transfers? If the answer is yes than you’re no different than anyone else.
You just finger pointed and made an excuse in your own post 😂

The DLS kool Aid is lethal

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ararar said:

The saddest thing is that you actually believe this drivel 

does DLS accept transfers? If the answer is yes than you’re no different than anyone else.
You just finger pointed and made an excuse in your own post 😂

The DLS kool Aid is lethal

Then when you mention TWO of their all time greatest players came from SACRAMENTO, they give you the immediate face palm and act like it never happened and both kids just randomly "showed up in Concord!' one day........

:) 

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Not sure if he still has them, but @sausmann9 has a crazy library of games going back many years.  He sent me a bunch of games on DVD's a few years ago.  BTW @sausmann9 my offer for a free day of golf  in Pebble Beach and dinner is still good. 

no way to view the games online? anyway, SJB and MD have always been able to benefit from drawing athletes from a bigger geographical area than public schools do, the same way as DLS, since private schools, parochial schools, aren't limited to attendance boundaries or residential enrollment boundaries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

Go read spartanhood.

They beg to differ.

As a graduate from DLS I honestly cringe at a lot of the things posted on that sight. People who actually went there and experienced the culture first hand know exactly what I am talking about.

Any true Spartan would not be here making excuses about any game played, it is embarrassing.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, LT4Spartan06 said:

As a graduate from DLS I honestly cringe at a lot of the things posted on that sight. People who actually went there and experienced the culture first hand know exactly what I am talking about.

Any true Spartan would not be here making excuses about any game played, it is embarrassing.

That site is the worst I've ever seen. It is like using AOL in the early 90s. Who the hell created that!????

1 hour ago, maxchoboian said:

DLS is not the same as MD or SJB, somewhat similar to how public schools in CA are not the same as DLS. We've been over this before.

DLS benefits from being able to accept kids from a much larger area than a standard public school district. Which of these DLS players were from the Concord area: DJ Williams, Maurice Jones-Drew, Aaron Taylor, Austin Hooper, Amani Toomer, Terrance Kelly, etc.?

DLS doesn't get transfers like MD and SJB do, but they get extremely talented kids from plenty far away -- much more so than say, Monte Vista or Amador Valley or Pittsburg high schools are able to consistently allow.

DLS is a private school, and they work hard, no questions. But they are not a "regular" team.

They’re as regular as Regis

btw almost all of those kids lived closer to DLS than my kids

i think Aaron Taylor from the 80s has the distance record — he came from Marin at the behest of his mother who didn’t like the crowd he was hanging with

id guess not more than half of DLS/ carondelet students are from concord/ Walnut Creek (school is on border of those towns)

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

They’re as regular as Regis

btw almost all of those kids lived closer to DLS than my kids

i think Aaron Taylor from the 80s has the distance record — he came from Marin at the behest of his mother who didn’t like the crowd he was hanging with

id guess not more than half of DLS/ carondelet students are from concord/ Walnut Creek (school is on border of those towns)

You are correct. Regis is not a regular school either. They have parents sending their young athletes there in order to be members of very competitive teams at the highest level in Colorado. Regis consistently wins state championships in basketball, baseball, tennis, hockey, lacrosse, golf, etc. And not with transfers, but with kids from all over the Denver/Boulder metropolitan area. A good example is their current QB, a sophomore, whose older brother played LB at Cherry Creek then transferred to IMG for his senior year. That family's parents, and many others across the US, take advantage of living where they want and still being able to send their kids to private schools if they choose. Nothing wrong with it, but the public, regular schools do not have the same luxury.

12 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

You are correct. Regis is not a regular school either. They have parents sending their young athletes there in order to be members of very competitive teams at the highest level in Colorado. Regis consistently wins state championships in basketball, baseball, tennis, hockey, lacrosse, golf, etc. And not with transfers, but with kids from all over the Denver/Boulder metropolitan area. A good example is their current QB, a sophomore, whose older brother played LB at Cherry Creek then transferred to IMG for his senior year. That family's parents, and many others across the US, take advantage of living where they want and still being able to send their kids to private schools if they choose. Nothing wrong with it, but the public, regular schools do not have the same luxury.

We’re splitting hairs on semantics 

have never denied DLS has advantages; also, 5,000+ publics have advantages 

what I mean, as you know, is that DLS is not one of these academy schools that have gone nuclear in roster development and are rarely in the top 10 in CA for “roster”

• Thumbs Down 1