Soul searching time for DLS

Sammyswordsman

7 minutes ago, Pops said:

DLS has played a top 10 team (ranked by a national poll at game time) in their last game 12 years in a row (and lately it’s been #1)

What is your point?

When the teams they play are actually top 10 they almost always lose.

When they're slightly fraudulent they usually win.

The "best team in SoCal" is not determined by a panel of commissioners.

Those are my points.

5 minutes ago, The Guru said:

And it doesn't make them the best team.

Which is what we were talking about.

No but your opinion doesn’t mean they were wrong, not even once 

every school you mock as unworthy was deemed by local experts to be the beat AND HAD A CASE.  In no situation that I can remember did u suggest an alternative (because DLS would very likely have had the same result with whoever SM you’re suggesting

you seem to be making the point that nothing has changed and there’s nothing to see or discuss with the top socal teams and no one agrees with that 

so, again, what’s your point?  That YOU have issue with some of SoCal’s #1 selections 5-10 years ago?  

Noted

6 minutes ago, The Guru said:

When the teams they play are actually top 10 they almost always lose.

When they're slightly fraudulent they usually win.

The "best team in SoCal" is not determined by a panel of commissioners.

Those are my points.

Hah

methinks yiu determine whether a team is fraudulent by whether they beat DLS or not 

DLS has only lost In SBGs to teams that finished top 2 in the country since 2006 

so, I could say “when DLS is the best team in the country, they win, when they’re not, they lose” with more veracity since every one of your examples disagrees with the conventional wisdom at the time 

9 minutes ago, Pops said:

In no situation that I can remember did u suggest an alternative (because DLS would very likely have had the same result with whoever SM you’re suggesting

It doesn't matter if anybody offered an alternative. My statement stands as is. Nothing has been offered to prove that they played the best team in SoCal except the fact that they were handpicked.

That's it.

And DLS probably would've been favored against an alternative but, again, that's irrelevant.

11 minutes ago, Pops said:

so, again, what’s your point?  That YOU have issue with some of SoCal’s #1 selections 5-10 years ago?  

My point has been crystal clear.

When DLS plays top 10, clearly-the-best-team-SoCal, they almost always lose.

When they play slightly fraudulent charity D2, D3 and City Section bids like 2007 Centennial, Westlake and Crenshaw they usually win.

13 minutes ago, Pops said:

Says the guy that counted my posts 

🤣

The best part of the 4 year ass kicking is the constant bitch whining excuses pop and his 69 partner spew all off season. DLS 300 wins since 1991 against NorCal baby seal slapdicks. 7 - 7 vs SoCal since 2006. Perceprion is reality. NorCal is soft ,weak and pathetic. 

15 minutes ago, Pops said:

so, I could say “when DLS is the best team in the country, they win, when they’re not, they lose” with more veracity since every one of your examples disagrees with the conventional wisdom at the time 

But you would have no evidence to support that claim. Just like everything else you say.

54 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

I don't agree with most things you say Pops- But you are right on with this one. This dude is a huge troll. You say the word "Folsom" and him and ten of his alter ego's suddenly appear. 

“Egos,” not “ego’s.”  Teach me more about grammar.

Now go back and edit.

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Exocet 98 said:

NorCal baby seal slapdicks.

That same NorCal team was slapping your ass around until the South decided to open the flood gates with transfers. It's like getting knocked out in a fight for a decade and then hiring 3 other guys to fight the one dude that kept knocking you out, then proclaiming your dominance. Clown! 

Even with 70 plus transfers on a team, DLS was within TD in the SBG in the 4th quarter.

You are a pitiful joke. :) 

On 12/18/2019 at 12:47 PM, Pops said:

Or you mad that no one is caring about your posts? 

try harder 

Lol  Don't get your depends in a bunch Pops.  I think you misread my post as a insult and it wasn't meant that way.  It's just you two never seem to come to any agreement on anything and your conversations seem to be dead ends.  No big deal.

I will most certainly try harder and appreciate the constructive insult.    

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Exocet 98 said:

DLS 300 wins since 1991 against NorCal baby seal slapdicks. 7 - 7 vs SoCal since 2006. 

You mean 7-7 in SBG's.  They have played other SoCal teams before the finals in the seasons between 2006-2019 and I do not think they have been beaten in any of them.  I might be wrong though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

My point has been crystal clear.

When DLS plays top 10, clearly-the-best-team-SoCal, they almost always lose.

When they play slightly fraudulent charity D2, D3 and City Section bids like 2007 Centennial, Westlake and Crenshaw they usually win.

DLS has played quite a few games against SoCal best and won.  Going back to before the state championship games, they played MD and Poly when they were clearly the best down in SoCal.  Since they started state championships they have played and won also, just not against SJB and MD.  The reasons for this is not surprising nor is it unexpected and it says more about those teams being fundamentally different than it does about DLS only losing because they played a top 10 SoCal team.

I'll give you Westlake but not Crenshaw and Cen10, they were good teams.  Don't know if they were indeed the best but they were good and by no means were they fraudulent charity teams. 

Were you surprised at how DLS played against SJB?  What was your opinion on the game?  Last question.  If DLS were to do what SJB and MD have done the last  4-5 years and accept transfers- how often do you think they would lose?  If DLS had the some of the best players from NorCal (or the same # of 3, 4 and 5 star recruits), with their system, they would average probably 1 loss every 4-5 years in the state championships.  IMHO

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Going back to before the state championship games, they played MD and Poly when they were clearly the best down in SoCal.

Mater Dei (1998) and Poly (2001) were only clearly the best in two of the six years that they played.

This is something that routinely gets thrown out by people without proper context.

47 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I'll give you Westlake but not Crenshaw and Cen10, they were good teams.  Don't know if they were indeed the best but they were good and by no means were they fraudulent charity teams.

Crenshaw was an LA Section team that beat nobody and their two best wins were by a total of 4 points.

Centennial was a D2 (Inland) team that lost to Mater Dei by 2 TDs and didn't beat anybody in the playoffs.