Soul searching time for DLS

Sammyswordsman

30 minutes ago, Pops said:

you are talking fantasy land 

pre-academy, DLS beat ANYONE in socal (ex ‘04-06) — post academy teams, they beat anyone except those 1 or 2 assemblages of future Sunday talent 

I submit for the board.

Pops actually said that first sentence and then followed up with the second one.

🤡

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Pops said:

It means I’m right but you can say stupid things with the endurance Adam Schiff 

DLS doesn't play anybody from SoCal except Mater Dei and St. John Bosco.

Surely, you're not assuming that wins over 6-6 Servite and 4-6 Orange Lutheran teams are sufficient to claim supremacy?

Who am I kidding? Of course you are.

6 minutes ago, The Guru said:

I didn't say that they were scared.

I said that you wanted them to play Centennial.

I remember wanting to play SJB — the ‘14 DLS team came together much better than ‘13 and SJB graduates a ton from ‘13 

too many guys that don’t know better will only credit DLS with a “system” win for going 4-1 vs the beat socal team of that decade in SBGs 

8 minutes ago, The Guru said:

I submit for the board.

Pops actually said that first sentence and then followed up with the second one.

🤡

You and your negative 680 reputation score are appealing to the board?

and your point is I live in fantasy land?

or is it obstinance just for the sake of it?

Just now, Pops said:

I remember wanting to play SJB — the ‘14 DLS team came together much better than ‘13 and SJB graduates a ton from ‘13 

Ah, yes.

Because "coming together" is what would've made the difference.

They go from academy team that is too good to team you wanted to play because of "coming together."

🤡

7 minutes ago, The Guru said:

DLS doesn't play anybody from SoCal except Mater Dei and St. John Bosco.

Surely, you're not assuming that wins over 6-6 Servite and 4-6 Orange Lutheran teams are sufficient to claim supremacy?

Who am I kidding? Of course you are.

We could talk “anytime” or “only in SBGs”

point is the same 

what’s yours?

13 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Mike Bastinelli is generally regarded as the “Best” DLS Veer QB ever.... He had a scholarship to USC and Tragically died in a car crash with Darryl Russell...

I would say next to him it was Guiteerez Followed by Anthony Sweeney.... Those to were awesome and true Dual Threat QB’s...

Guiterrez though has to be 1 or 2 based on what he accomplished as as far as what I have seen he was the best passer hands down...

And the Blow our game he engineered against MD may never be matched by another DLS QB....

Can't for get about Padilla!

• Like 1

We know that's not true.

You posted less this year because DLS lost their chance at a national championship in week 1.

I post less because my kids are now out of college and I moved to an island an hours ferry from mainland USA without a HSFB team and I don’t know the current DLS kids as well as 5-10 year ago kids 

I had zero expectations regarding an MNC — I was very happy they were as competitive with STA as they were.  Was suprised that both STA and SJB (who will likely finish #1 and #3 were winnable games, despite DLS being at a 20+ to nothing disadvantage in P5 recruits in both games 

I admire DLS not because I have any affiliation, but because I admire excellence and imho, there’s be less opportunity to develop it if DLS went out and assembled all-star teams 

I’m not attacking the teams that do — am just glad dls isn’t one of them 

Ah, yes.

Because "coming together" is what would've made the difference.

They go from academy team that is too good to team you wanted to play because of "coming together."

🤡

No one knew what was coming after SJB ‘14 — Mater Dei hadn’t joined the party and SJB appeared to step back slightly to see if it was going to be ok 

the socal arms race didn’t Go nuclear until 2016 — CIF basically blesses transfers and MD and SJB had each other to point to as “just keeping up with Jones’” to combat further heat.  In any event, I think SJB alum are probably mostly in favor as their school goes from oblivion to national prominence.  Mater Dei alum, with a much stronger sense of and place in history, had/ have a lot more issues with renting players for a semester, etc 

6 minutes ago, LT4Spartan06 said:

Can't for get about Padilla!

Bart Houston won 3 SBGs — that may not happen again for 100 years 

he was also an elite 11 guy, Eagle Scout, and led Wisconsin to a bowl win his senior year 

he’s probably the best passer next to Guitterez but I don’t think they threw as much during his years (I know he threw 3 passes against Servite in ‘10 SBG, whereas Guitterez threw for 6 YDs against MD as a sophomore)

Just now, The Guru said:

That's easy.

I don't think they were the best team in at least two of those years.

How many posts have you dedicated to DLS NOT playing the beat socal team in a given year — and in every case you’re either wrong or the point is irrelevant 

how many state championships does STA have and, if those, how many times did they beat the next beat team?

Have they ever?

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

Sure.

The reputation score is dumb and it's purposefully driven down by a committed anti fan base of mine.

Means nothing.

You're appealing to it because you're flailing.

I’m laughing at you appealing to the mob 

the mob hates you 

although, in this case, you’ll find a couple of idiots that do the same thing to me as Columbia does to you 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Pops said:

the socal arms race didn’t Go nuclear until 2016

So first it was 2013 (conveniently) then it took at hiatus because SJB was "seeing if it was OK" to now it really got going in 2016 (convenient, again).

So basically when DLS loses then it's an academy team. When they don't play them (2014-15) then DLS really, REALLY wanted to play them because they would've won.

Gotcha.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

27 minutes ago, Pops said:

How many posts have you dedicated to DLS NOT playing the beat socal team in a given year — and in every case you’re either wrong or the point is irrelevant 

Probably as many as have been needed to counter your lies.

You can't claim that SS D1 is king and then claim that Crenshaw, Westlake and pre-2014 Centennial teams were the best in SoCal.

Sorry, Pops.

Your purposefully misleading posts have to be called out.

• Thumbs Down 1