Soul searching time for DLS

Sammyswordsman

3 hours ago, The Guru said:

But they've played Centennial 5 times over a 9 year period.

I did give them a couple of those teams that were stout.

All of the CC teams were stout, capable of beating anyone in country 

a couple were capable of taking 3 or 4 out of 10 from anyone in country 

regardless, what is your point?  I think we concur that MD/ SJB teams are both seismically (ie 2+ TDs) better than any socal teams ever and project to be every year  — you could make a case for ‘08 or ‘15 CC or point to some of the late 90s/ early 00 LBP team’s talent, but I wouldn’t put any within +14 of either this year, last, or next 

26 minutes ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

even though this is like comparing apples and oranges, Bob Ladouceurs winning percentage at DLS is similar, comparable to Gary McKnight's winning percent as the Head Basketball Coach at Mater Dei.

I don’t know what that has to do with The Best Ever DLS QB’s, but what I can say is if I wanted to know about MD Basketball I would go to a Basketball Message Board...

And I don’t follow or care about HS Basket Ball so there’s that.....🤣🤣

37 minutes ago, Pops said:

ExactLy.... Just like 2016 Cen10... Their 2 losses were by like 3 points...

A 1point loss to IMG in an epic game and I think a 2 or 3 point loss to SJB in the Title game....

Cen10 is “The Real Reason” for The “Super Teams”.... MD and SJB had to just worry about winning section tiles against the best team in So Cal...

Beating DLS was just the Bonus of creating The Super Teams that could knock off Cen10 as the Kings of So Cal....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, THEOC89 said:

A 1point loss to IMG in an epic game and I think a 2 or 3 point loss to SJB in the Title game...

They really should have beat IMG in that game. They scored with too much time left on the clock (like 1 minute left) and IMG scored to steal the game. All they had to do was kill some clock before punching it in.

The 2 point loss was to SJB in the semis, not the finals, but your point stands.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

ExactLy.... Just like 2016 Cen10... Their 2 losses were by like 3 points...

A 1point loss to IMG in an epic game and I think a 2 or 3 point loss to SJB in the Title game....

2016 Cen10 underscores the importance of how having just a few key impact players in the right positions could get you pretty far.   Gone were all the weapons of the 2015 team replaced by Mckee, Justin (who) Fisher, and Miles (who) Reed.  2016 team had pretty average defense.

Still they should have beaten IMG, and it took two missed extra points, a goal line interception, and a couple of questionable calls to make the difference in the SJB game.  

BUT, that team wouldn’t stand a chance against 2017-2019 SS/ State champs.  It has changed that much.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Pops said:

Don't be silly.

You're overrating the 2007, 2012 and 2014 teams. All had multiples losses and the last one had perhaps an historically bad defense.

There's a difference between being elite and being dangerous. Centennial is usually super dangerous and, if they played DLS, probably on a heater too.

You're also forgetting the style advantage that DLS had which allowed them to go 4-1 in those games.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Pops said:

If DLS punches it in from the 1 instead of the Scoop 6, the final is 42-35

This is ironic. The same fans who told us "no excuses!" when a bogus fumble call at the goal line changed the entire outcome of the DLS/Folsom game. That would have been 7-0 and would have changed the entire game/season.

The shoe is on the other foot. :) 

8 hours ago, On2whls said:

2016 Cen10 underscores the importance of how having just a few key impact players in the right positions could get you pretty far.   Gone were all the weapons of the 2015 team replaced by Mckee, Justin (who) Fisher, and Miles (who) Reed.  2016 team had pretty average defense.

Still they should have beaten IMG, and it took two missed extra points, a goal line interception, and a couple of questionable calls to make the difference in the SJB game.  

BUT, that team wouldn’t stand a chance against 2017-2019 SS/ State champs.  It has changed that much.  

I remember the SJB “completed” pass for a first down that actually bounced on the ground. Crazy. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

I remember the SJB “completed” pass for a first down that actually bounced on the ground. Crazy. 

He was probably also referring to the 4th and short call at the end of the game. Although, it should be pointed out that it's illegal for a teammate to pull a ball carrier forward. The refs just mishandled the call. Instead of hedging and giving a questionable spot, they should have threw a flag - the result would have been the same and they would have taken less grief for it.

2 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

He was probably also referring to the 4th and short call at the end of the game. Although, it should be pointed out that it's illegal for a teammate to pull a ball carrier forward. The refs just mishandled the call. Instead of hedging and giving a questionable spot, they should have threw a flag - the result would have been the same and they would have taken less grief for it.

Actually it was the bounce pass and a PI call where the defender made contact after the ball hit the receivers hands that I was referring to.  By the time of the “spot” those refs had already established incompetency😂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Actually it was the bounce pass and a PI call where the defender made contact after the ball hit the receivers hands that I was referring to.  By the time of the “spot” those refs had already established incompetency😂

I feel like the worst ref-related thing I've ever seen was the inadvertent whistle that nullified Freedland's running TD against MD last year. Completely changed the dynamic of that entire game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Guru said:

Don't be silly.

You're overrating the 2007, 2012 and 2014 teams. All had multiples losses and the last one had perhaps an historically bad defense.

There's a difference between being elite and being dangerous. Centennial is usually super dangerous and, if they played DLS, probably on a heater too.

You're also forgetting the style advantage that DLS had which allowed them to go 4-1 in those games.

Only one of those teams came in with multiple losses — 2014, which lost to Mater Dei (later avenged) and the consensus MNC that year (by 20 less than they lost to DLS)

Style is irrelevant — no one in socal is beating dls any year from mid-90s to the advent of the super teams outside of ‘04-‘06 (except the precursor super team CC put together in ‘08 when they brought Taylor Martinez in as a senior transfer to replace Matt Scott who lost the year prior

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, frankyjames said:

This is ironic. The same fans who told us "no excuses!" when a bogus fumble call at the goal line changed the entire outcome of the DLS/Folsom game. That would have been 7-0 and would have changed the entire game/season.

The shoe is on the other foot. :) 

I’m simply suggesting DLS was happy with the result of a game that was closer than score indicated (and I won’t be doing it past this week)

you seem to have been saying that the score was erroneous...... constantly...... since then 

You’ve got a lot of other uniquely annoying things going on as well — I don’t think others will find the same irony you do 

• Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, The Guru said:

If the teams aren't as good and/or an advantageous style matchup then DLS wins.

If not then they don't.

It's not about academy teams of which DLS has played none.

That’s an interesting opinion based on fantasy emoting  that I’m not going to debate with the kid that can say “I know you are but what am I?” 10,000 times 

• Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, Pops said:

Only one of those teams came in with multiple losses — 2014, which lost to Mater Dei (later avenged) and the consensus MNC that year (by 20 less than they lost to DLS)

And the 2014 might've been the best of those three.

Which is saying something.

The 2007 team lost to Mater Dei by 2 TDs. And not an "academy" Mater Dei.

The 2012 team lost to St. Bonaventure and 4 of their best 5 wins were by one score.

In 2014, you desperately wanted to play Centennial and not St. John Bosco.

12 minutes ago, Pops said:

no one in socal is beating dls any year from mid-90s to the advent of the super teams outside of ‘04-‘06 (except the precursor super team CC put together in ‘08 when they brought Taylor Martinez in as a senior transfer to replace Matt Scott who lost the year prior

😄

This perfectly captures all the things wrong with Pops.

• Delusions of grandeur about teams that he neither witnessed in person nor has seen enough of on film
  • Caveats galore to render his previous claim meaningless (2004-06 and 2008 as "exceptions")
  • Pettiness about a transfer that beat his team

7 minutes ago, Pops said:

That’s an interesting opinion based on fantasy emoting  that I’m not going to debate with the kid that can say “I know you are but what am I?” 10,000 times 

Can somebody tell me what this means.

I think it means that Pops is avoiding a topic that he brought up because he won't win.

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

In 2014, you desperately wanted to play Centennial and not St. John Bosco.

Yes, because DLS was scared if the team that The team they beat by 21 beat 

you are talking fantasy land 

pre-academy, DLS beat ANYONE in socal (ex ‘04-06) — post academy teams, they beat anyone except those 1 or 2 assemblages of future Sunday talent 

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, The Guru said:

😄

This perfectly captures all the things wrong with Pops.

• Delusions of grandeur about teams that he neither witnessed in person nor has seen enough of on film
  • Caveats galore to render his previous claim meaningless (2004-06 and 2008 as "exceptions")
  • Pettiness about a transfer that beat his team

This is canes/ Los Hurricanes/ Carlos danger/ flaming Fred/ the Guru 

flailing, swinging at air and talking to himself 

2 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Can somebody tell me what this means.

I think it means that Pops is avoiding a topic that he brought up because he won't win.

It means I’m right but you can say stupid things with the endurance Adam Schiff 

And I have better things to do