CFP rankings

HSFBfan

29 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Someone deserving is going to get hosed big time. 

How so? If WASH is left out, it's because of two important reasons. Their non-league schedule was awful and their conference is too. So they wouldn't be deserving. There are more than several teams that would be undefeated or equally have one loss playing the Huskies schedule.

16 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

So, if Penn St blows out Wisconsin and Washington/Clemson both win does Ohio St get left out? 

No. Why should they? OSU played a tougher schedule than Penn State and only has 1 loss. Penn State has 2 losses. Things aren't equal wherein the head-to-head and conference title would come into play.

Tonight, the chairman of the CFP committee went on record saying that tOSU and PSU are not close to each other. And he's spot on.

USC beat Washington convincingly and is one of the hottest teams but they aren't ahead of the Huskies for the same reason. Things aren't equal.

• Like 1

Rankings are bogus as usual. They don't rank teams based on how good they are today. They rank them on bad officiating calls, injured players who don't play, coaches that don't coach, etc. (things that happen to teams every week)

USC is a completely different team now but have to stay behind a certain amount of teams because of early losses. 

Its like a status quo that humans have to go by. There's no analysis or understanding of football. Just win you move up, lose you move down 

If Alabama and Clemson win their title games they are locked in. 

I feel Washington at 4 now is in if they beat Colorado 

The only thing i can see which would be crazy is Ohio State goes in and the Big 10 Champ jumps Washington. 

How do you justify a 2 loss Big 10 team jumping a 1 loss Big 10 team who is already ranked higher? So Onio State has to go in. 

The job is to find the 4 best teams in the country. Ohio State proved they are. Washington with 1 loss should be in over a 2 loss Big 10'champ 

Just now, aZjimbo said:

USC is not getting in with 3 losses, not in Pac-12 title game and got stomped by Bama in week one. They are playing very well for sure.

I just dont understand how Louisville loses to Kentucky and only drops 2 spots. Florida got spanked by FSU and doesnt move? There was some questionable rankings last night

1 minute ago, Connman said:

But Michigan beat Penn State?

I was wondering because all 3 teams were 5-1 in their division but Penn State and Ohio State were 8-1 in conference!

If they went by conference record I understand Penn State won the h2h, but do they go by the division record? Then it would of been a 3 way tie?

They brought it up on gameday of OSU-Michigan. If OSU beat Michigan and PSU beat MSU then PSU gets in

4 minutes ago, Connman said:

But Michigan beat Penn State?

I was wondering because all 3 teams were 5-1 in their division but Penn State and Ohio State were 8-1 in conference!

If they went by conference record I understand Penn State won the h2h, but do they go by the division record? Then it would of been a 3 way tie?

Overall conference record.  It's is the same as in all of the conferences.  Penn St got the head to head victory over OSU, so thus they are the division champs.

I understand but my point is if they are determining divisional champs based on unbalanced conference schedules it wouldn't seem right for the committee to give a bonus to conference champions.

Penn State finished 8-1 in the Big 10 tied with Ohio State in their division and they won the h2h. Penn State's 3 non-division conference games were way easier than Ohio States. If Penn State had played Wisconsin, Nebraska and Northwestern instead of Iowa, Purdue and Minnesota chances are they could of lost 1 of those games and then Ohio State would be playing in the championship! The same could apply to Michigan!

Again we shouldn't penalize a team for not making their conference finals if they do not play the same teams!

1 minute ago, Connman said:

I understand but my point is if they are determining divisional champs based on unbalanced conference schedules it wouldn't seem right for the committee to give a bonus to conference champions.

Penn State finished 8-1 in the Big 10 tied with Ohio State in their division and they won the h2h. Penn State's 3 non-division conference games were way easier than Ohio States. If Penn State had played Wisconsin, Nebraska and Northwestern instead of Iowa, Purdue and Minnesota chances are they could of lost 1 of those games and then Ohio State would be playing in the championship! The same could apply to Michigan!

Again we shouldn't penalize a team for not making their conference finals if they do not play the same teams!

Can only play teams that are on the schedule. Instead of saying PSU doesnt deserve to be there or whatever should OSU have showed up and won the game on the field. OSU controlled their way to the BIG championship. They blew it when they went to PSU and lost. 

• Like 1