Malik Zaire

HSFBfan

34 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I thought there were a couple underclassmen that got pt this year? Did Wimbush see the field this year?

Wimbush was red-shirted this year. 

5 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

He is on the transfer list from ND...Sounds like Brandon Wimbush will be getting the nod for next year

3 schools that are contenders for Zaire......Mich St Pitt and Florida

This was a long time coming. Zaire, once he lost the job was never the same. Kizer is a much better qb. And before you annoint Wimbush Kizer has another year of eligibility.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aZjimbo said:

Wimbush was red-shirted this year. 

This was a long time coming. Zaire, once he lost the job was never the same. Kizer is a much better qb. And before you annoint Wimbush Kizer has another year of eligibility.

A lot of reports i read have Kizer going in this years draft

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Yes but as u stated he has to go grab that money. go to the browns and have his career be over in 2 years

Ok , here's my assessment of Kizer. I think he goes pro. I think another year in college would do him good. But after seeing what happened to Jaylon Smith I think he goes pro. And its not about a money grab. It about a kid and family making a decision on whats best for him and his family. I do not think he's a top pick in this draft so maybe he will not go to the Browns. We'll see very soon what happens. 

Just now, aZjimbo said:

Ok , here's my assessment of Kizer. I think he goes pro. I think another year in college would do him good. But after seeing what happened to Jaylon Smith I think he goes pro. And its not about a money grab. It about a kid and family making a decision on whats best for him and his family. I do not think he's a top pick in this draft so maybe he will not go to the Browns. We'll see very soon what happens. 

Last mock draft i saw was that he was going #1 to the Browns. Whats best for him and his family?? That usually turns out to be $$$$$$. 

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Last mock draft i saw was that he was going #1 to the Browns. Whats best for him and his family?? That usually turns out to be $$$$$$. 

Todd McShay was doing the ND game and said he should stay for one more year so obviously he's not #1 in his mock draft. He's still very raw yet. And if money is what is best for his family than so be it. 

Just now, aZjimbo said:

Todd McShay was doing the ND game and said he should stay for one more year so obviously he's not #1 in his mock draft. He's still very raw yet. And if money is what is best for his family than so be it. 

Yea i just looked at CBS lastest mock draft they put out yesterday. They dont have Kizer in the first round. So maybe hes headed back to school

44 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Kizer was average this year.  His pocket presence was terrible and he missed on way too many throws.  Zaire was better for the offense that Kelly wanted to run.  He was never put in position to succeed this season outside of the Texas game.

IMO Kizer is a way better qb even for the system. Zaire's body language on the sidelines all year was terrible. Problem was ND was so bad this year Kizer had to carry the load as the o-line under performed greatly this year. When Zaire did get in he did basically nothing.

1 hour ago, aZjimbo said:

IMO Kizer is a way better qb even for the system. Zaire's body language on the sidelines all year was terrible. Problem was ND was so bad this year Kizer had to carry the load as the o-line under performed greatly this year. When Zaire did get in he did basically nothing.

The offensive line was fine.  I take that back.  Our supposed to be first round LT was average, and there was supposed to be no drop off from Stanley last season.  The guards have been good.  Center postion not so much and RT has been solid.  The play calling was terrible in spots when they would have momentum.  Once they would cross midfield, they would throw the ball almost every down or try to run it with Kizer.  Kelly needs to scrap his damn WR screen.

How is Zaire supposed to feel on the sidelines?  He gets called into the game when they are pinned inside the 5 yard line and they are running off tackle or dive plays from the shotgun.

Wimbush has to have mixed feelings .... If he stayed w penn state he would be the QB on a better team. Nd was a dumpster fire this year. Pj fleck's name keeps popping up if and when kelly leaves. 

I find it comical kelly has the audacity to say HE wants out of Notre dame. That's like Dating a 6 who you were thinking about dumping anyway that cheats on you and says she isn't sure she wants to take you back. 

Kelly has never left a program on good terms going all the way back to grand valley state and central Michigan.

Further, he left a good cincy team w Qb tony pike and WR gilyard high and dry to fend for themselves against florida in a BCS bowl game w tebow, harvin, Dunlap, Hernandez,  Pouncey twins etc after urban lost to Alabama. The game WAS ugly. A Kelly less Cincy team got their dicks kicked in.... Kelly wanted to get to ND to get a leg up on recruiting. 

Not to mention it was Kelly who gave the thumbs up for an outdoor practice that led to a death of the student filming practice on the lift. 

3 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Wimbush has to have mixed feelings .... If he stayed w penn state he would be the QB on a better team. Nd was a dumpster fire this year. Pj fleck's name keeps popping up if and when kelly leaves. 

I find it comical kelly has the audacity to say HE wants out of Notre dame. That's like Dating a 6 who you were thinking about dumping anyway that cheats on you and says she isn't sure she wants to take you back. 

Kelly has never left a program on good terms going all the way back to grand valley state and central Michigan.

Further, he left a good cincy team w Qb tony pike and WR gilyard high and dry to fend for themselves against florida in a BCS bowl game w tebow, harvin, Dunlap, Hernandez,  Pouncey twins etc after urban lost to Alabama. The game WAS ugly. A Kelly less Cincy team got their dicks kicked in.... Kelly wanted to get to ND to get a leg up on recruiting. 

Not to mention it was Kelly who gave the thumbs up for an outdoor practice that led to a death of the student filming practice on the lift. 

I thought PJ was headed to Purdue. Kelly screwed up CIncy pretty good as well. 

Just now, nptb17 said:

Everyone of my friends that is a UC fan despises Kelly.  They hate him with a passion because of how he left.  

I have never been a kelly fan. I dont blame the UC fans for despising him. He set that program back years. Kinda reminds you of Kiffin. Guys like Kelly and Kiffin are rogue unless they coach under a guy thats not gonna put up with their bull. Why do you think Kiffin has been successful at Bama. Saban im sure has him on a very tight rope

Just now, Mjd33 said:

If I'm fleck I hold out to see if nd job opens up. Purdue will be there if he wants it. 

Dont wanna hold out too long and then no job is there....idk why these people think grass is greener on the other side. 

Strong thought texas was better then louisville....he was wrong.

Fleck should stay at WMU and continue his success. 

45 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Dont wanna hold out too long and then no job is there....idk why these people think grass is greener on the other side. 

Strong thought texas was better then louisville....he was wrong.

Fleck should stay at WMU and continue his success. 

Big difference between staying at louisville or WMU. 

13 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Then hes an idiot and if he takes the job at purdue will probably be fired within 3 years

BUT he might get the ND job. 

Also, WM could be hurt by graduation and his team won't be good next year Or 2 than he is a forgotten candidate at a big 5 school. He has to go.