No tailgating at NJ HS state championship game

HSFBfan

I think tailgating is a part of the game. The problems start coming in with the alcohol and drugs, which aren't a requirement for tailgating. You aren't going to stop the alcohol and drugs by outlawing tailgating anyway. 

Flasks are pretty mobile and easily hidden, and drugs are more easily kept on the down low than the alcohol. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

So I guess these minors would not enjoy some tailgate sausage and peppers and burgers and hot dogs and chicken etc. They can't just say no booze? These organizations love throwing their weight around and think they know best.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think tailgating is a part of the game. The problems start coming in with the alcohol and drugs, which aren't a requirement for tailgating. You aren't going to stop the alcohol and drugs by outlawing tailgating anyway. 

Flasks are pretty mobile and easily hidden, and drugs are more easily kept on the down low than the alcohol. 

I agree that its part of the game.....if they stop tailgating at all games in NJ i will probably stop going. HS football was a fun cheap way of watching live football

Hang out with friends have a few drinks pay 5 bucks to get into the game and its a great day

2 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

So I guess these minors would not enjoy some tailgate sausage and peppers and burgers and hot dogs and chicken etc. They can't just say no booze? These organizations love throwing their weight around and think they know best.

Wonder how much fanbase they are gonna turn off

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

They are eroding a part of the overall attraction to the game. Fellowship with like minded fans, over traditional pre-game meals and rituals. 

Just now, I AM IRONMAN said:

Yeah that worked so well at DBP...lol.  Time for the Poland Springs "water" bottles.  Could not read the article unless I subscribed...no thanks 

I didnt subscribed and i read the whole article. And it didnt work at DBP because there are literally 2 bars within walking distance of the school