Mater Dei defeats SFA 34-18

ATLien12x

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

The biggest difference I could see, was Mater Deis Alabama-like QB-WRs combo, & Youngs ability to make plays with his feet. SFA had no passing game & their QB was slow.

Their O-Line couldn't pass protect against MD. The SFA QB isn't bad, but his WRs couldn't get any separation and his offensive line didn't give him time. Bad recipe.

I was telling Sammy how mediocre SFA was at the WR position all game long

4 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

You pay to much attention to offers and rankings instead of watching what the kids can actually do on the field. A lot of these kids aren't worth their ranking(Overranked).

A couple of years ago I told you Trey Sanders was special, and was the best player on the field by a lot. You came back with there's such and such recruits on the field as well. The next year Trey Sanders is rated number 1 at the HB position. Those book ends were good, but they were not some elite guys.

Player for Player MD was better. Not so against IMG last year.

I respect your opinion on it..

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

Being there, you got to see the actual physical advantages MD had.

Number 75 for Saint Frances should never be starting on a top national team. The guy was like 6'1 390 pounds maybe 400 all gut. Total joke to be playing in the game against MD.

Damn.... right out in public with it?

Wow, you have kids?

Unbelievable.

BGW

Just now, steeler01 said:

I'd take the SFA QB any day on my H.S. team. I think he's a solid QB.

Yeah and will prob be better next year and a lot better in two years if SFA played the sophomore version of Bryce young might be different outcome. Corrum was best RB out there for either team but MD had better WRs no doubt.

9 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Player for Player MD was better. Not so against IMG last year.

I think more people, especially the college recruiters and ones that rank players, would not necessarily agree that MD had better players overall than St. Frances. 

The difference was that MD had Bryce Young and St. Frances didn’t.

• Like 2

Just now, Bodysurf said:

I think more people, especially the college recruiters and ones that rank players, would not necessarily agree that MD had better players than St. Frances. 

The difference was that MD had Bryce Young and St. Frances didn’t.

They might not have as many top end guys, but overall I think they're more talented. 

SFA DBs had no chance vs the MD WRs. I'm surprised the HB wasn't used a lot more on swing passes and angles across the middle of  the field last night as a matter of fact.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

No precious this year  but no worries Biff can just double down with another couple Mil to get it next year.. but he will probably be out coached AGAIN ..  I think when the price tag for a MNC reaches 10 mil he may get it..  sucks for his heirs though.. instead of millions they get a MNC ring lol

Sorry Biff. Same coach, same result. Whenever a Biff Poggi coached team runs up against equal/greater talent, they lose. It was the MO at Gilman and it's still the MO here. Definitely worth throwing a few more million down the drain for something less than 1% of the population cares about. Don't stop now!

• Haha 2

If Bryce Young played for SFA last night, you can pretty much switch the score also.

SFA needed this game. They needed someone to really push them. They were on their heels most of the night, but take away a couple turnovers and that awful red zone playcalling , & this game goes to the wire. Put Bryce Young in that ugly gray/black/yellow uniform & SFA wins 34-18 themselves.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If a DL is someone who’s inspired by one’s noble deeds, count me in anytime. 

Noble deeds is it now?

Do you pray to Saint Biff before you go to sleep every night. How very altruistic of Biff to help kids that serve his needs/wants/desires. Surely the Saints themselves can learn from Biff's actions.

8 hours ago, Horsefly said:

You operate by different rules that created two elite teams.  That’s the difference between the states.  It doesn’t make you better 

Recruiting is illegal in every state in the country.

You're just running out of ideas on how to diminish other teams and prop up your teams in Texas.

But athletic transfers are now permitted. Without question. There just has to be room in the school. So how they got there is really unimportant. Whether it's the coach, other players, social media, peer pressure, whatever. But it's certainly not the ideal from the old days of play for your School and represent where you live etc. Nobody cares anymore. That's why it shouldn't matter. Everybody should be allowed to recruit at this point.

2 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Recruiting is illegal in every state in the country.

You're just running out of ideas on how to diminish other teams and prop up your teams in Texas.

Did I say recruiting jackass?  You even quoted me and didn’t get that correct.   I even stated they operate by different “rules” 

• Like 1