Mater Dei defeats SFA 34-18

ATLien12x

6 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Be that person?  LMO... SFA traveled 3,000 miles from Baltimore, MD to Los Angeles, CA and played a football game that started at 10:30PM east coast time.

Nothing but a fact!!

IMG did the same and still nearly took Mater Dei out. Seeing as St. Francis was supposed to somehow be “better”, the same outcome was expected. St Francis’ coach said it himself. “They’re (Mater Dei) in a different league than we are.”

3 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Allen isn't anything super special...  Recruited-up "All Star" Team from all over Texas.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤮🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

17 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Be that person?  LMO... SFA traveled 3,000 miles from Baltimore, MD to Los Angeles, CA and played a football game that started at 10:30PM east coast time.

Nothing but a fact!!

Maybe you’ll answer this one - Did they know what time the game started when they signed the contract? Did they agree to travel across the country to play in the main even of a national showcase? Oh man, maybe they didn’t know there was a time difference between Maryland and California. Can you at least give a better excuse?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Mater Dei isn't anything super special...  Recruited-up "All Star" Team from all over So.Cal.

I could put 6 Mater Dei's together in Houston & 6 Mater Dei's together in Dallas if Texas played by those Lose Transfer (Recruited-up) Prep Football Programs from California.

Respectfully, but this year’s MD is a great hs football team.  I’m not taking anything away from any TX school but that was an extremely impressive team that rolled over SFA.

• Like 2

Couple highlights during the game.

There were several people in the stands talking about how SFA was going to roll. One guy was hyping them up to me and @steeler01 while we were in line for a Bosco Burrito before the game and we sort of just nodded politely. That guy ended up sitting not too far away and we saw him leave sometime around the start of the 4th quarter.

There were two guys sitting directly in front of us who were clearly neutral HSFB geeks just there to take in the show. These guys seemed to know their stuff. About 5 min before kickoff another guy (we'll call him clueless guy) sat one row in front of them (2 in front of us). He was talking about how MD had absolutely no chance. The two guys in front of us were clearly affronted by this and clueless guy used SFA's win over the #13 team in the country as evidence to back up his position. I politely interjected that Miami Central is not the #13 team in the country and clueless guy then said they also beat the #9 team in the country as well (though I'm still unsure of which team he was making up in his head - clearly it wasn't Simeon or American Collegiate). Anyway, clueless guy changed his tune pretty quickly. It was hard to tell who was more shell-shocked after the first two MD possessions, him or the SFA sideline.

The best moment through came at then end of the game when the two HSFB geeks in front of us got up to leave. @Gospeeder asked them if they had heard of PrepGridiron and suggested that they check it out. The two guys more or less looked like someone was about to steal their lunch money and they tried to leave as gracefully as possible, to which they failed pretty miserably. It was a valiant effort anyway @Gospeeder but I did get a good laugh out of it.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

42 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

There were several people in the stands talking about how SFA was going to roll. One guy was hyping them up to me and @steeler01 while we were in line for a Bosco Burrito before the game and we sort of just nodded politely. That guy ended up sitting not too far away and we saw him leave sometime around the start of the 4th quarter.

There were two guys sitting directly in front of us who were clearly neutral HSFB geeks just there to take in the show. These guys seemed to know their stuff. About 5 min before kickoff another guy (we'll call him clueless guy) sat one row in front of them (2 in front of us). He was talking about how MD had absolutely no chance. The two guys in front of us were clearly affronted by this and clueless guy used SFA's win over the #13 team in the country as evidence to back up his position. I politely interjected that Miami Central is not the #13 team in the country and clueless guy then said they also beat the #9 team in the country as well (though I'm still unsure of which team he was making up in his head - clearly it wasn't Simeon or American Collegiate). Anyway, clueless guy changed his tune pretty quickly. It was hard to tell who was more shell-shocked after the first two MD possessions, him or the SFA sideline.

The best moment through came at then end of the game when the two HSFB geeks in front of us got up to leave. @Gospeeder asked them if they had heard of PrepGridiron and suggested that they check it out. The two guys more or less looked like someone was about to steal their lunch money and they tried to leave as gracefully as possible, to which they failed pretty miserably. It was a valiant effort anyway @Gospeeder but I did get a good laugh out of it.

I have 20 direct reports...I almost had to fire them all after they all laughed when I told them I posted on this site...

1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

Would folsom have a better chance than SFA did? @Eddyr2

16 minutes ago, jamzz94549 said:

Surely, you jest with that facetious question. Folsom would have zero, nada and not even the inkling of a chance. 

I didn’t see the question. I have all of block’s Profiles on my ignore list.

Folsom is a good team but doesn’t have the front 7 or OLine to be in a game with MD. Folsom would score but still get running clocked...MD 56...Folsom 17

3 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Being there, you got to see the actual physical advantages MD had.

Number 75 for Saint Frances should never be starting on a top national team. The guy was like 6'1 390 pounds maybe 400 all gut. Total joke to be playing in the game against MD.

I look him up and he has offers from Michigan, Wisconsin and West Virginia. Good grief, it has to be a player with an offer just to get other players on the team. He's rated correctly, 0 stars so far

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

IMG did the same and still nearly took Mater Dei out. Seeing as St. Francis was supposed to somehow be “better”, the same outcome was expected. St Francis’ coach said it himself. “They’re (Mater Dei) in a different league than we are.”

Lol are u making quote up for effect..

37 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Number 75 for Saint Frances should never be starting on a top national team. The guy was like 6'1 390 pounds maybe 400 all gut. Total joke to be playing in the game against MD.

Physical advantages ? SFA was bigger team MD dline  out quicked the big Oline of SFA on Other side young was difference point blank him and his WRs made plays. SFA barely adjusted on D giving up slants and crossers  all night.. SFA QB had two huge fumbles that was difference. Also not punching it in before halftime.

4 minutes ago, Kingwill said:

Physical advantages ? SFA was bigger team MD dline  out quicked the big Oline of SFA on Other side young was difference point blank him and his WRs made plays. SFA barely adjusted on D giving up slants and crossers  all night.. SFA QB had two huge fumbles that was difference. Also not punching it in before halftime.

Bigger yes, but not as physically built.

Player for player, there was a huge difference.

4 hours ago, DLS_Spartan said:

Would folsom have a better chance than SFA did? @Eddyr2

Lol. Folsom would get boat raced by both MD and St. Frances.

St. Frances is still one of the best 4-5 teams in the country despite what happened last night. If you watched the game one could see that St. Frances was equal, if not better, physically. The difference was Bryce Young and the once again great defensive scheming by Eric Johnson. 

Let me just leave it as this.... Bryce Young is special.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

Bigger yes, but not as physically built.

Player for player, there was a huge difference.

I would say SFA looked more like College team than MD out there.. they had 2 SEC DE bookends going to bama and LSU respectively player for player SFA was superior ( college recruits) the QB, coaching  and home field advantage trumped that. SFA Soph Qb looked his age also. 

57 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

The biggest difference I could see, was Mater Deis Alabama-like QB-WRs combo, & Youngs ability to make plays with his feet. SFA had no passing game & their QB was slow.

1 minute ago, Kingwill said:

I would say SFA looked more like College team than MD out there.. they had 2 SEC DE bookends going to bama and LSU respectively player for player SFA was superior ( college recruits) the QB, coaching  and home field advantage trumped that. SFA Soph Qb looked his age also. 

You pay to much attention to offers and rankings instead of watching what the kids can actually do on the field. A lot of these kids aren't worth their ranking(Overranked).

A couple of years ago I told you Trey Sanders was special, and was the best player on the field by a lot. You came back with there's such and such recruits on the field as well. The next year Trey Sanders is rated number 1 at the HB position. Those book ends were good, but they were not some elite guys.

Player for Player MD was better. Not so against IMG last year.

2 minutes ago, Kingwill said:

Than it was taken out of context .. like when coach says they have just been better than us, meaning outplayed. Nobody is crying blues for him he had more d1 recruits out there.

It wasn’t taken out of context.

he actually stated that he thought MD was on a different level than his team