Borussia Dortmund: Somebody Tried to Blow Team & Bus Up Today

BigDrop

https://www.thelocal.de/20170411/breaking-three-explosions-near-dortmund-football-team-bus

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39571776

This is the lead story outside of the United States:  somebody planted bombs which resulted in three explosions in an effort to blow up the Dortmund team and its bus as it left its hotel en route to the Westfalien stadium to play their Champions League match against AS Monaco this afternoon.  Windows were blown out of the bus and one player was injured in what the German police are calling an "attack" on the team.  The game at the 80,000 seat stadium was cancelled fifteen minutes before it was scheduled to start and will be played tomorrow, broadcast on Fox Sports 2 at 12:30PM EST.  

It is not known if this was terrorism but it is feared that it may be.

Last year terrorists tried to blow up the Stade de France, the 75,000 seat stadium in Paris in a Champions League match.  They were not able to enter the stadium but did a great deal of damage outside.  The devices today were apparently planted in hedges outside of the Dortmund team hotel which they were leaving.  

I have mentioned this in another thread but I have seen Bayern Munich play in the Allianz and the security is unlike anything we have seen in America.  Every bag of every kind is emptied on tables and inspected.  Every single person is patted down, had a wand passed over them and then gone through a metal detector.Many people are patted in or near the crotch.  Having said this there are long lines with throngs of people at each outside of the stadiums.  There is nothing to prevent a terrorist from going after someone standing in line for security.  There are limits to what can be done to protect against terrorism.  Bayern Munich plays Real Madrid tomorrow at 2:30 on Fox Sports 1.  The game is in Munich.

Champions League games-the most high profile in Europe-have now been attacked twice in two years.

32 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

https://www.thelocal.de/20170411/breaking-three-explosions-near-dortmund-football-team-bus

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39571776

This is the lead story outside of the United States:  somebody planted bombs which resulted in three explosions in an effort to blow up the Dortmund team and its bus as it left its hotel en route to the Westfalien stadium to play their Champions League match against AS Monaco this afternoon.  Windows were blown out of the bus and one player was injured in what the German police are calling an "attack" on the team.  The game at the 80,000 seat stadium was cancelled fifteen minutes before it was scheduled to start and will be played tomorrow, broadcast on Fox Sports 2 at 12:30PM EST.  

It is not known if this was terrorism but it is feared that it may be.

Last year terrorists tried to blow up the Stade de France, the 75,000 seat stadium in Paris in a Champions League match.  They were not able to enter the stadium but did a great deal of damage outside.  The devices today were apparently planted in hedges outside of the Dortmund team hotel which they were leaving.  

I have mentioned this in another thread but I have seen Bayern Munich play in the Allianz and the security is unlike anything we have seen in America.  Every bag of every kind is emptied on tables and inspected.  Every single person is patted down, had a wand passed over them and then gone through a metal detector.Many people are patted in or near the crotch.  Having said this there are long lines with throngs of people at each outside of the stadiums.  There is nothing to prevent a terrorist from going after someone standing in line for security.  There are limits to what can be done to protect against terrorism.  Bayern Munich plays Real Madrid tomorrow at 2:30 on Fox Sports 1.  The game is in Munich.

Champions League games-the most high profile in Europe-have now been attacked twice in two years.

This is similar to a discussion a few or my law enforcements friends and I have had a few times. Any major sporting event in America is an easy target in parking lot. One could easily drive a truck into parking lot of any major sports team, detonate a car bomb and unload ARs into crowds. Could be hundreds of deaths before it's stopped. Sadly it will probably happen sooner than later. 

Scary incident and glad nobody was seriously hurt.  

I was all set to record that match and then there was no match.  

Juventus entertained and spanked FC Barcelona 3-0.  

Tomorrow now is a 3 game slate, headlined by a powerhouse QF matchup between Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.    It doesn't get any better than that.  

• Like 1