Saban and 'Bama: Shouldn't be NEAR the top 25

badrouter

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

It's the most critiqued because it's the only conference I've seen where the fans and "so called experts" will try to sell people on over half the teams in the conference being a elite team in college football

No one has ever tried to sell that. That's silly inferior league talk from jealous people.....like you.

The SEC had 11 teams in the Top 25 last year in recruiting, rookie....like most years 

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

Expectations are always high when you have talent 

You go ape shit because columbia high school has a couple decent players. Just think if you were a Tennessee Volunteer fan.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

39 minutes ago, RedZone said:

No one has ever tried to sell that. That's silly inferior league talk from jealous people.....like you.

The SEC had 11 teams in the Top 25 last year in recruiting, rookie....like most years 

You go ape shit because columbia high school has a couple decent players. Just think if you were a Tennessee Volunteer fan.

So fucking what?

All that fucking talent and only one team good enough to win any championships out the SEC lately 

Your just a delusional homer of a conference who been carried by Alabama and you try to use their championships to compensate for LSU never being able to get the job done

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Yes they have, I've seen it with my own eyes

When someone is trying to sell a middle tier SEC team being ranked when they have no shot of making playoffs it only proves me right

51 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Obviously good enough that 2 very good Louisiana teams we reached out to had no interest in playing

Than again I'm not surprised, they are all talk just like you

You know nothing about football in FL, I actually have a program I'm proud to support but you have to set yourself as a fan of your entire state (Louisiana) because you want to take the open field instead of having to rely on one team and potentially have 1 semi decent year every now and than that's actually worth bragging about

Than you go to college football and are a SEC homer because you can't rely on LSU actually winning any championships as long as Nick saban is at bama because for as long as he still coaching LSU will always play second fiddle to Alabama so of course you just become a conference homer since your arguments suck and your teams (high school teams or LSU in college) aren't good enough to cover up your weaknesses

Your basically just like Los, only difference is his high school is actually good so he can use them to cover up his weaknesses from time to time

You don't have that luxury

3 hours ago, The Guru said:

So they lost 4 games to the 3 best teams that they played by margins of 17, 14, 35 and 21.

They weren't good. Stop lying to people.

How would they compare to Center Grove, Indiana (9-4)? How about Mililani, Hawaii (10-3)? Loyola Academy, Illinois (10-3)? Rockhurst, Missouri (11-3)? Orange Lutheran (5-6)? Derby, Kansas? Muskego, Wisconsin? I could keep going. All teams ranked significantly above Apopka by the almighty. But, what would happen on the field of play if those teams had to block Jalen Carter and deal with Darlington's offense? You will dodge this, mostly because it is hard to say. But, deep down, you have to know Apopka would be beating many/most/all of those teams. You won't concede it here, but that's only because you're in character 🤡

1 minute ago, badrouter said:

How would they compare to Center Grove, Indiana (9-4)? How about Mililani, Hawaii (10-3)? Loyola Academy, Illinois (10-3)? Rockhurst, Missouri (11-3)? Orange Lutheran (5-6)? Derby, Kansas? Muskego, Wisconsin?

Who cares?

They weren't good and Lakeland should get very little (to no) credit for only beating them by 17.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Who cares?

They weren't good and Lakeland should get very little (to no) credit for only beating them by 17.

The people on this message board that repeatedly use those rankings to evaluate the strength of teams and their schedules. Derby, Kansas was more than 200 spots above Apopka in the ratings. This means any outcome against Derby would be CONSIDERABLY more positive than any outcome against Apopka. Yet, if someone put a gun to your head and told you to predict the winner of a 2018 game between Derby and Apopka, we know who you'd pick. 

The point? The methods and information used to evaluate SOS in high school football, when comparing teams from different parts of the country, are bogus. ANY comments comparing SOS of teams in different parts of the country should immediately be dismissed as nonsense.

3 minutes ago, badrouter said:

But, what would happen on the field of play if those teams had to block Jalen Carter and deal with Darlington's offense? You will dodge this, mostly because it is hard to say. But, deep down, you have to know Apopka would be beating many/most/all of those teams. You won't concede it here, but that's only because you're in character 🤡

Apopka stunk last year. Who are you trying to kid?

They had 4 losses by 2+ TDs (including 3 by three scores). They beat West Orange by 6, Bartram Trail by 5 and Oviedo by 7.

Wekiva beat the dog crap out of them and they have an anemic offense.

Why would I concede your silly and completely transparent claims? You're the reason why these message boards suck. Complete and total allegiance to homerism.

• Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Derby, Kansas was more than 200 spots above Apopka in the ratings. This means any outcome against Derby would be CONSIDERABLY more positive than any outcome against Apopka.

If you're using calpreps than this statement isn't true. It depends on margin of victory.

And I suspect that Derby sucks, too. That has nothing to do with Apopka and their strength.

You're just attempting to muddy the waters and get people to ignore Lakeland's pitiful and atrocious schedule.

Lakeland's schedule sucks regardless of anything Derby, KS does.

10 minutes ago, badrouter said:

The methods and information used to evaluate SOS in high school football, when comparing teams from different parts of the country, are bogus. ANY comments comparing SOS of teams in different parts of the country should immediately be dismissed as nonsense.

This is simply the convenient argument for you to make.

The calpreps SOS figures are far from perfect but they're better than any dumbass and, frankly, pathetic arguments that you have made.

• Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Find someone who has used an opponent as bad as Apopka to prop up their teams' claim to elite status.

Go.

I can't do that, because it isn't happened with anyone here, including me.

My comments are in response to your assertion that a 17 point road win over them, with an ailing QB and without their top OL, is some bad win. That is the bogus claim.

1 minute ago, badrouter said:

I can't do that, because it isn't happened with anyone here, including me.

That's exactly what you're doing.

"Derby, KS is 200 spots ahead of Apopka and we ALL know that Apopka would beat them so, therefore, the calpreps numbers are invalid and, therefore, everything it puts out is invalidated and, therefore, Lakeland should be rated higher!"

4 minutes ago, badrouter said:

My comments are in response to your assertion that a 17 point road win over them, with an ailing QB and without their top OL, is some bad win. That is the bogus claim.

It's definitely not an impressive win for a team desperately groveling for elite status.

QB means nothing at Lakeland.

Please stop with your pathetic excuses.

Just now, The Guru said:

It's definitely not an impressive win for a team desperately groveling for elite status.

QB means nothing at Lakeland.

Please stop with your pathetic excuses.

The team isn't groveling for anything. Neither am I. I am pointing out bullshit, however. 

His mobility gave them the ability to run zone read and speed option, which was valuable in keeping teams from keying on Bowman. Fact is, he made several big plays vs. Plant, Edgewater and STA that he wasn't healthy enough to make vs. Apopka.