Saban and 'Bama: Shouldn't be NEAR the top 25

badrouter

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

What you mean to say is they haven't played a team outside of Florida in 10 years, so the basics that don't know any teams unless they play OOS on TV don't know much about them.

No, again, the regular season teams you play from Florida suck.

You're gonna have to ditch this lame defense at some point. Nobody is buying it. We all know who Lakeland has played. It's embarrassing no matter what state they're from.

• Haha 1

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Please go look at every marquee game Alabama plays....its at a neutral site now usually in Arlington. I would love to see Alabama go to Iowa at night. But you see Iowa pick off Ohio state in that venue. Tough place to play. I love that the kids in the children's hospital can overlook the stadium and watch the game and all the fans wave to the kids. I would love to go to that stadium. 

Alabama just for whatever reason doesnt do home and homes. Like last year Alabama opened up with Louisville. As you can see Alabama is not playing lousiville this year. 

I'm just curious as to why it has to be s neutral site instead of a home and home series. 

Which is why attempts to compare SOS for teams from different states is bullshit. It's a pose; an act.

No, it's an act to rank teams like a couple of the clowns on this forum do. But people who know what they're watching can discern SOS decently well.

You're just doing your typical dodge.

Just now, FootballGuy said:

I'm just curious as to why it has to be s neutral site instead of a home and home series. 

This is my opinion I dont think he likes to go into atmospheres that he doesnt know. Like going into Iowa at night or Michigan or Ohio state etc. Even when LSU played Wisconsin they played at lambeau field. I know it's not saban but I'm just saying it's not just a Saban thing. Auburn is playing Oregon in Arlington

Florida is playing Miami in Orlando. The sec for whatever reason doesnt seem to do home and home. 

How do they actually compare to Apopka, who's ranked 20 notches below them? We don't actually know the answer to these questions (though an in-depth evaluation of the talent on the rosters can give us a clue), though people ASSume they know the answer and rank the teams accordingly.

I know Apopka wasn't very good so a 17-point win over them is not impressive.

See?

Not that difficult.

• Haha 1

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2020-college-football-national-title-odds-clemson-catches-up-with-alabama-and-is-now-a-co-favorite-to-win-it-all/

There's been a lot of talk since Clemson beat Alabama for to win its second national title in three years about whether or not the Tigers have surpassed the Crimson Tide as a program. There's no telling how many hours of sports radio this discussion has consumed, but from my personal experience doing radio interviews during the offseason, it's a popular topic.

And if title odds are any indicator, Clemson might not have surpassed Alabama, but it has certainly caught it.

The Westgate Superbook has released its updated national title odds for the 2019 season, and both Alabama and Clemson are listed as 9/4, making them co-favorites to win the championship. This is significant because, when odds were first released in January, Alabama was 3/2 while Clemson was 7/2. So clearly the public believes Clemson is now on equal footing with the Tide.

The next closest to those two titans would be Georgia, which has moved from 12-1 to 6-1. 

What's perhaps the better indicator of the gap between Alabama and Clemson and everybody else is another prop Westgate has available.

You can bet on Alabama or Clemson to win the national title this season at a price of -170 or you can take the field at +145.

While the SEC having SIX teams at 50-1 or better is interesting,

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Why would u play Clemson to open the game. If you lose your already at a disadvantage for the playoffs. Look at Auburn scheduling Oregon week 1. If Auburn loses their season is arguably done. 

Strategically, it’s not the best for reasons you’ve listed.

But from a competitive standpoint, I’m sure the players would prefer Clemson or perhaps USC or some other power over Duke. Anyone over Duke.

Just now, ChimpGrip said:

Strategically, it’s not the best for reasons you’ve listed.

But from a competitive standpoint, I’m sure the players would prefer Clemson or perhaps USC or some other power over Duke. Anyone over Duke.

Well of course. But now Alabama can get their feet wet. Beat every team weeks 1-3 and than go into South Carolina for week 4

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Yeah and the players would like a piece of whatever is attached to those feet in your avatar. 

Maybe Saban will schedule up.... never gonna happen. 

However many Nattys he’s got means Saban’s doing it his way. 

BGW

I’m sure they do!!! 😂

Well we’ve got USC next year, hopefully they grow into a tough opponent so it’ll give 2020 Bama a nice early test. 

I can’t say it enough though - WASTE of a game to open up with Duke. If we win 70-0, it will be a poor indicator of where Bama really is out of the gate because the great talent disparity. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Well of course. But now Alabama can get their feet wet. Beat every team weeks 1-3 and than go into South Carolina for week 4

Yes, they will get their feet wet. 

The South Carolina game is past due. Get revenge for the 2010 game when we lost to Garcia. Hopefully we hammer them. 

7 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

I’m sure they do!!! 😂

Well we’ve got USC next year, hopefully they grow into a tough opponent so it’ll give 2020 Bama a nice early test. 

I can’t say it enough though - WASTE of a game to open up with Duke. If we win 70-0, it will be a poor indicator of where Bama really is out of the gate because the great talent disparity. 

SC will be loaded with 5star talent over the next 2 years. & will have most of there starters coming back for this game.

Question is whether Clay Helton or Urban Meyer will be coaching...

5 minutes ago, mje44 said:

SC will be loaded with 5star talent over the next 2 years. & will have most of there starters coming back for this game.

Question is whether Clay Helton or Urban Meyer will be coaching...

Bama will be young on both sides but our past recruiting classes combined with 2020 should make for a young but very good team. Hopefully Taulia Tagovailoa is the starter.

30 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

This is my opinion I dont think he likes to go into atmospheres that he doesnt know. Like going into Iowa at night or Michigan or Ohio state etc. Even when LSU played Wisconsin they played at lambeau field. I know it's not saban but I'm just saying it's not just a Saban thing. Auburn is playing Oregon in Arlington

Florida is playing Miami in Orlando. The sec for whatever reason doesnt seem to do home and home. 

Tennessee and Oregon did a home and home back in 2012 and 2013. 

And that whole Florida/Miami/UCF thing is a mess. 

12 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Bama will be young on both sides but our past recruiting classes combined with 2020 should make for a young but very good team. Hopefully Taulia Tagovailoa is the starter.

Always safe to say that Bama will be loaded. Especially up front.

My hope is that Bama wins a title this year. & overlooks SC coming into 2020. Only way I see us having a shot. 

Clay Helton's ice cream & cotton candy-like practices better get a hell of a lot tougher before then. Or we'll have another problem. 

8 minutes ago, mje44 said:

Always safe to say that Bama will be loaded. Especially up front.

My hope is that Bama wins a title this year. & overlooks SC coming into 2020. Only way I see us having a shot. 

Clay Helton's ice cream & cotton candy-like practices better get a hell of a lot tougher before then. Or we'll have another problem. 

What do you expect USC to do this year, record-wise?