Saban and 'Bama: Shouldn't be NEAR the top 25

badrouter

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Clemson had an elite defense and one of the best QBs I've seen. Idk how much more props I need to give them but the two teams are 2-2 against each other and do we forget already 2 years ago Alabama destroyed Clemson in the semifinal just liked clemson destroyed Alabama last year. 

That Clemson team wasn't nearly as strong as this bama team was 

I feel both these programs are clearly better than the rest but after the results in the championship it is very clear to me that they are on the same tier 

We can't honestly put one over the other without a very reasonable argument for the other

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

That Clemson team wasn't nearly as strong as this bama team was 

I feel both these programs are clearly better than the rest but after the results in the championship it is very clear to me that they are on the same tier 

We can't honestly put one over the other without a very reasonable argument for the other

I'll put them on the same tier after the last 4 games that's fine. I'm not going to argue that point.

I'll say this though knowing there is nothing we can do about it but clemson has 1 big game all year and it's in week 2. If they beat TAMU they will go undefeated this year. 

28 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

They are 2-2 against each other. 2-2 makes them top dog? Yeah they won the NC and I gave them props for it but 2-2 in last 4 doesnt exactly equate to domination 

We all know nobody in the acc will knock off Clemson. The conference isnt that good. 

You keep referring to the past to help your argument. AS OF NOW, clemson is the top dog in college football! NOW! 

The topic of this thread is: The rationale, centered around voluntary SOS, used by folks here to rank HS teams, if applied to college football, would likely result in Stanford being ranked ahead of Alabama, possibly by a wide margin. The exact same rationale isn't used, or at least not to the same extent, in ranking college teams. Mostly because we simply know more and have seen more of the top college football teams than we have in HS. But if it was, Stanford being way ahead of Alabama to start the 2019 season could be expected. And that's fucking stupid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Clemson plays 1 real football game until the playoffs.

The SEC West ain't that good after Alabama

LSU are choke artists who can't beat bama no matter how many 5 stars they sign 

Texas A&M will always be second tier in SEC at best

Sure Auburn competes with bama but that has more to do with rivalry than them being a powerhouse

Rest of the West is definitely on par or weaker than the teams Clemson faces in ACC 

8 hours ago, badrouter said:

The topic of this thread is: The rationale, centered around voluntary SOS, used by folks here to rank HS teams, if applied to college football, would likely result in Stanford being ranked ahead of Alabama, possibly by a wide margin.

This is a strawman.

There are far fewer teams and, in turn, much more interplay in college football than there is in high school football.

There are 14,000 schools and a whole lot of impostors in that group who try to claim that they're elite when they're not.

It's only reasonable to filter one's list of teams based on schedule strength.

Your program has been on the side of a milk carton for 10 years, plays nobody in the regular season and only plays maybe 2 quality opponents in a 15-game schedule.

It's perfectly reasonable to suspect this team.

10 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

I'll say this though knowing there is nothing we can do about it but clemson has 1 big game all year and it's in week 2. If they beat TAMU they will go undefeated this year. 

Texas A&M is their big game?

Puhlease.

Clemson has more ACC losses (2) in the last 3 years than Alabama has SEC losses (1).

8 hours ago, badrouter said:

Mostly because we simply know more and have seen more of the top college football teams than we have in HS. But if it was, Stanford being way ahead of Alabama to start the 2019 season could be expected. And that's fucking stupid.

It's not used because there are less than 1% as many college teams as there are high school teams.

Yes, your arguments are fucking stupid.

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

Texas A&M is their big game?

Puhlease.

Clemson has more ACC losses (2) in the last 3 years than Alabama has SEC losses (1).

The acc isnt good. Miami isnt good. Unc Duke nc state etc. Clemson is going to wax all those teams. If Clemson loses any acc games I will be on the floor lmao 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

The acc isnt good. 

Yet you claimed that Alabama and Clemson are the same over the last 4 years and Clemson has had more trouble in the ACC than Alabama has had in the SEC.

The SEC is overrated. Open your eyes and evaluate things objectively. The world will open up for you.

Just now, HSFBfan said:

I would take the next 3 teams in the sec than the next 3 teams in the acc. After Clemson the acc doesnt have much if anything at all

But if you saying the ACC isn't good than saying the next 3 in the SEC is better doesn't really benefit the argument of the SEC being strong after bama

17 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Yet you claimed that Alabama and Clemson are the same over the last 4 years and Clemson has had more trouble in the ACC than Alabama has had in the SEC.

The SEC is overrated. Open your eyes and evaluate things objectively. The world will open up for you.

Lmaooooooo. That makes Clemson sounds worse than they are. Clemson with Lawrence will have 0 issue in the acc

10 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Not by that much 

There still a significant gap between bama and rest of SEC

And theres a bigger gap btw Clemson and the acc

The gap btw Alabama and Georgia isnt that great. 

If you wanna beat Alabama have a qb that can move and have a strong arm

Chad Kelly

TL

Deshaun Watson

Johnny football 

For examples

• Like 1