Teams who beat OOS State Champs

Nolebull813

7 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

I think you got your message forum handle accurate.

Other than that. Normal Junior High babble.

4A Monroe Neville, La beat Evangel about as bad 6A Allen.

So according to nolebole813 no OH team should be ranked ahead of a CA team.

It's like I feel so damn stupid even responding to you.

Allen did what they wanted with ECA. Neville did what they could. That was the difference. I watched both games in person and Allen would run circles around Neville.

I do agree that D1 is a little down this year. I'd put the top 5 in D1 against the top 5 of 5A and put money on D1.

With the exception of Neville and Karr, 4A would get rolled by D1.

8 hours ago, Pinion said:

Allen did what they wanted with ECA. Neville did what they could. That was the difference. I watched both games in person and Allen would run circles around Neville.

I do agree that D1 is a little down this year. I'd put the top 5 in D1 against the top 5 of 5A and put money on D1.

With the exception of Neville and Karr, 4A would get rolled by D1.

Evangel Eagle spin never gets old.

Monroe Neville led Evangel 35-2 in the 4th. Evangel scored a couple late TDs to make it look respectable if anything.

35-16 is still a clubbing.

Allen beat Evangel 45-10

Allen was up 31-10 starting the 4th.

Allen had 95 yds rushing vs Evangel.

Monroe Nevills's QB had 137 yds rushing by himself.

Allen/Evangel stats

Get out of here.

Evangel's special teams and QB play let them down vs Allen and Neville. If you were there you saw it. Evangel had 5 TO vs Allen.

17 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

2 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Evangel Eagle spin never gets old.

Monroe Neville led Evangel 35-2 in the 4th. Evangel scored a couple late TDs to make it look respectable if anything.

35-16 is still a clubbing.

Allen beat Evangel 45-10

Allen was up 31-10 starting the 4th.

Allen had 95 yds rushing vs Evangel.

Monroe Nevills's QB had 137 yds rushing by himself.

Allen/Evangel stats

Get out of here.

Evangel's special teams and QB play let them down vs Allen and Neville. If you were there you saw it. Evangel had 5 TO vs Allen.

That's not spin at all, it's reality. Allen did whatever they wanted to do and Neville did what they could.

Both of them beat Evangel, so in the end, for me, my team still lost. 

If a QB is having to rush for 137 yards, they're having a problem to have to rely on him to move the ball. 

Neville had problems working around our defense, Allen did not.

Evangel's offense had problems with them both. Special teams did as well. 

Neville didn't just roll over and let Evangel score a couple of times, that's now how it works. Evangel started doing some other things and it worked. Sadly, it was too late in the game to make a difference. 

Evangel didn't change anything from start to finish against Allen. I don't think they could change anything even if they'd wanted to. The game was happening too fast. 

I believe Neville having to rely on their QB to move the ball is what will cost them the 4A championship. 

You are a very strange dude, pinion.

Allen rushing against Evangel.

37 rush 95 yds 2.6 avg

Monroe Neville rushing against Evangel

43 rush 236 yds 5.4 avg

Jaiden Cole for Neville is a Dual-threat ATH at QB for Monroe Neville. He passed for 80 yds vs Evangel in addition to his 137 yds rushing. Scored 2 TDs

Jaiden Cole Monroe Neville QB

He's a much much better ATH/QB than the Allen QB.

Do you want to dispute that too?

Just stop. Please.

8 hours ago, SumDude said:

Cedar Hill (who lost to Gorman, USA) lost to Desoto, 55-41.

Westlake (who lost to Liberty, NV) lost to Lake Travis, 51-3. 

Neither made it out of their own region. IMO, CHILL will finish with a budding 10-15 ranking and Westlake will finish anywhere from 18-25 (minus Ehlinger).

Cedar Hill was the most improved because this game was a rematch and it was fight this time against Desoto. And at the beginning of the the year Desoto and BG beat CHill about the same.  Also at the first of the year Mansfield was killing CH and CH came back and won and then in the playoffs they played again and CH totally destroyed Mansfield. CH was much improved but still not a Desoto or BG imo

6 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

You are a very strange dude, pinion.

Allen rushing against Evangel.

37 rush 95 yds 2.6 avg

Monroe Neville rushing against Evangel

43 rush 236 yds 5.4 avg

Jaiden Cole for Neville is a Dual-threat ATH at QB for Monroe Neville. He passed for 80 yds vs Evangel in addition to his 137 yds rushing. Scored 2 TDs

Jaiden Cole Monroe Neville QB

He's a much much better ATH/QB than the Allen QB.

Do you want to dispute that too?

Just stop. Please.

I don't know enough about either and what they've done all season to determine is one is better than the other. Football is a team sport. As a unit, Allen is leaps and bounds better than Neville.

To me, better would mean which one has accomplished more this season and which one is more likely to go on to the next level at the same position and be successful there. I'd take Allen's QB over Neville's QB.  Most likely, Allen's qb will go do a D1 school and play quarterback. Neville's QB will likely go to a D1 school and play something else. Unless it's a school where LesMiles ends up. Then he'd be the starter and no matter, would start each and every game.

Moving along. What Allen plays (and wins) in district (mostly) would probably beat, or at least give Neville a serious run for their money. Neville would not go undefeated in Allen's district run and certainly wouldn't still be playing in their playoffs. That's fact. 

You can't judge what would happen based on a common opponent and I would think you would understand that. 

As for the numbers you provided. Okay, Neville rushed for more yards against Evangel. I never disputed that. Allen passed more. 182 yards passing against ECA. They didn't need a ton of attempts (15-28) because ECA's corners were getting burned, especially on big plays.

The bottom line is that Allen would WTFpwn Neville. I know you don't like admitting that a Texas team is going to school a Louisiana team at football, but it's reality. I don't believe Louisiana has a team this year that would stay on the field with Allen. There may be a couple that would keep them within range for a half, but that's it. 

Also, while I'm here. I think you quit updating the Div1 game on here the other night because Evangel handled it and you weren't going to be able to sit on this board and talk shit on ECA for the duration. You thought (and wanted) Scotlandville to win and they got facerolled by a much better team. Again, that has nothing to do with this thread, I just didn't want to go find the other thread.

3 hours ago, Pinion said:

I'd take Allen's QB over Neville's QB.  Most likely, Allen's qb will go do a D1 school and play quarterback. Neville's QB will likely go to a D1 school and play something else. Unless it's a school where LesMiles ends up. Then he'd be the starter and no matter, would start each and every game.

Just for the record, Mr Pinion.

1-you have no clue what a Dual-threat QB is or does. Neville runs a lot of zone read. It's pretty popular now. 

2-Allen's QB is 6-0 180 lbs and is committed to FCS Brown of the Ivy League. He doesn't have 1 single D1 offer.

3-you can't be taken seriously on such matters.

Getting back to the purpose of this thread...

Unfortunately... if GAC beats Cedar Grove in the Dome on Friday... Valor Christian CO will claim a 21-17 win over Georgias 3A Champion.

Which isnt so bad when you consider Valor Christian just won COs Highest Class State Championship for the 5th time in 6 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Getting back to the purpose of this thread...

Unfortunately... if GAC beats Cedar Grove in the Dome on Friday... Valor Christian CO will claim a 21-17 win over Georgias 3A Championship.

Which isnt so bad when you consider Valor Christian just won COs Highest Class State Championship for the 5th time in 6 years.

Who is the favorite out of GAC and CG? 

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

Who is the favorite out of GAC and CG? 

Cedar Grove is more talented... although obviously GAC doesnt lack talent with 4* Stanford bound QB Davis Mills & others...

But... Cedar Grove is playing better. CG has beaten perennial small school power Calhoun 34-21, and just beat a previously undefeated Crisp Co. team 55-0.

GAC on the other hand, GAC beat a solid Liberty Co. team(led by 5* UGA bound S Richard LeCounte), 44-38 in OT... and a solid Peach Co. team 13-7. But Cedar Grove has been more impressive in their victories.

My prediction... Cedar Grove 27, GAC 24

But who really knows...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Georgia has 3 wins vs OOS State Champs with 2 more possibilities in Spartanburg and Jax UC. 

Plus whoever Grayson/Roswell play in the champions bowl. Pretty damn impressive 

Pomona disappointed by not adding to the total. Glynn Academy beat them 33-14. And Pomona beat Valor Christian in the regular season 23-16... but couldnt do it again the championship as they succumbed to too many injuries...

Florida finally on the board with Pahokee beating Wayne Hills,NJ 34-23. 

Adding a new state to the all time list. 

Since 2007, Florida has beaten a same year State Champ from Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Mississippi, Louisiana, Utah, California, Nevada, Washington, Kentucky, Connecticut, and New Jersey 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Georgia has 3 wins vs OOS State Champs with 2 more possibilities in Spartanburg and Jax UC. 

Plus whoever Grayson/Roswell play in the champions bowl. Pretty damn impressive 

You can say that again... It doesn't matter who Grayson plays in the bowl... It'll be one more state champion notched into the stock of Georgia's long rifle. xD

• Like 1

These are the final remaining teams competing for a State Title

Cocoa,FL (Bishop Gorman,NV)

STA,FL (Bishop Gorman,NV)

Jax UC,FL (Coffee,GA)

GAC,GA (Valor Christian,CO)

Spartanburg,SC (Etowah,GA)

Dillon,SC (Mallard Creek,NC)

South Pointe,SC (St Frances Academy,MD)

Notre Dame,CT (Bishop Hendrickson,RI)

Oscar Smith,VA (Dematha,MD)

Archbishop Wood,PA (Bergen Catholic,NJ)