Southern Section D1 final - Mater Dei vs St John Bosco

Bodysurf

19 hours ago, dntn31 said:

One other thing to consider is the turf they will be playing on at Angel Stadium. In years past, the turf at Angel Stadium has been horrendous by the time the D1 game is played (it's always the last game to be played in a 2 day stretch of games played there).

An interesting tidbit.. this year the only CIFSS finals game being played at Angel Stadium is the D1 game. The turf for the D1 game should be in much better condition this year compared to past years.

1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

An interesting tidbit.. this year the only CIFSS finals game being played at Angel Stadium is the D1 game. The turf for the D1 game should be in much better condition this year compared to past years.

It's too bad that they can't play the game at the StubHub Center where they use to play the State Championship games prior to moving them to Sacramento State last year. StubHub has a layout for soccer which is obviously much better suited for football than Angel stadium. The baseball layout makes for poor spectator viewing on one side. Plus you don't have to deal with the large section of baseball infield dirt which is terrible for football.

On 11/28/2016 at 3:35 PM, ORabidOne said:

From a state with 380,000,000 Commie Dumbocrats! WHY is it, that EVERY FUCKING season, it's the SAME three fucking teams who are in the mix from the supposed GREATEST league in America?

Translation: I think California is awesome and I have a lot of respect for their football and citizens. ?

• Like 2

On 11/28/2016 at 4:38 PM, BobbySanchez said:

Back to what I was saying about Re-al, his kind of athleticism is in the class of De'Anthony Thomas and Adoree Jackson. I have seen all three in person and without a question in my mind they have those freakish genetics. And him playing QB is sort of wasting that potential and talent. 

Play to your strengths is what I'm trying to say.

If a team has 4 D-1 WR's and a mediocre RB, why would your game plan be ground and pound when you can just use a spread and throw all over your opponents? Sure, you can win with a ground and pound gameplan, you're just not being smart about your approach and optimizing your resources. That's just how I feel with Re-al.

/convo 

It's possible he is there best option for QB.  Look at LBP, they dont always have a polished QB even with all those kids.  I Don't know this of course. Just throwing it out there.

I can't believe all these so called experts already predicting a DLS vs MD final match up. DLS still has to get passed Freedom. My prediction of DLS losing to a Norcal team will come to fruition this Friday. They may lose twice in a season to a Norcal team. The winner of Folsom and St Mary's will be waiting in the wings for redemption.

23 minutes ago, old_e said:

I can't believe all these so called experts already predicting a DLS vs MD final match up. DLS still has to get passed Freedom. My prediction of DLS losing to a Norcal team will come to fruition this Friday. They may lose twice in a season to a Norcal team. The winner of Folsom and St Mary's will be waiting in the wings for redemption.

Don't see it. A few weeks back I was thinking Freedom could beat them. Just don't see it now. DLS line play is better than Pitts on both sides. If Freedoms run game gets shut down (which I think it will even with Rivers) they are not going to win through the air.

St. Mary's to me is the worst match up out of the 3 for DLS and might be the best team in NorCal. Then probably Folsom then Freedom. Actually Serra or DO could be the 3rd best team in NorCal right now. It's not a strong year all across the board this year.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Don't see it. A few weeks back I was thinking Freedom could beat them. Just don't see it now. DLS line play is better than Pitts on both sides. If Freedoms run game gets shut down (which I think it will even with Rivers) they are not going to win through the air.

St. Mary's to me is the worst match up out of the 3 for DLS and might be the best team in NorCal. Then probably Folsom then Freedom. Actually Serra or DO could be the 3rd best team in NorCal right now. It's not a strong year all across the board this year.

They might have looked better due to the lesser opposition they were playing. I still think Freedom will test them and come out on top. We will know soon.