Coach O working Texas (Steele)

TheRealCAJ

11 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

I like coach oregeron. Glad someone finally gave him the big job. I hope he has success. 

In some ways I love keeping O. The state, players and coaches love him. He knows this state like the back of his hand and wants to be here more than anywhere else. And, he's seen Les Miles mistakes up close and personal.

O has a lot of upside and much talent coming back next year, and talent coming in.

You never know about the hot new guy. 

Texas should know better than anyone with Strong. Now they got another one in Herman

May work out and may not.

If Texas goes 12-2 next year and we go 7-6 I'll be sad. 

Truthfully, I would have been happy with Herman too, so there's that.

I was so sick of Les Miles.

• Like 1

Orgeron is a laughingstock hire.

What's more is that they leaked to the media that they didn't want to be 'held hostage' by Tom Herman.

Yeah, give up pursuit of one of the top young coaches in the country and hire a career assistant with a sketchy track record instead.

And a guy who was on the staff of the coach you just fired.

1 minute ago, LOSer said:

Orgeron is a laughingstock hire.

What's more is that they leaked to the media that they didn't want to be 'held hostage' by Tom Herman.

Yeah, give up pursuit of one of the top young coaches in the country and hire a career assistant with a sketchy track record instead.

And a guy who was on the staff of the coach you just fired.

Coach O did a great job at USC and got screwed. He just went 5-2 with LSU..he deserves the job

Herman lost to Navy SMU and Memphis

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Coach O did a great job at USC and got screwed. He just went 5-2 with LSU..he deserves the job

Herman lost to Navy SMU and Memphis

Orgeron is 10-25 as a head coach. He's 3-21 in the SEC.

The only time he has ever 'won' anything is when he inherited super talented teams mid-season as an interim coach.

He's a loser.

It's already been proven and it will be again. It will be an epic (and public) dumpster fire.

1 minute ago, LOSer said:

Orgeron is 10-25 as a head coach. He's 3-21 in the SEC.

The only time he has ever 'won' anything is when he inherited super talented teams mid-season as an interim coach.

He's a loser.

It's already been proven and it will be again. It will be an epic (and public) dumpster fire.

Well yes he did do well when he grabbed teams mid season

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Well yes he did do well when he grabbed teams mid season

Which is no indication of anything.

Teams always rally behind interim coaches. The key word being interim.

It's so typical of a place like LSU to fall in love with an interim knucklehead coach because he's fat and has a cajun twang.

Is 5-2 any good? Considering who they beat? They had 1st and Goal to beat Florida at home and couldn't get two yards.

13 minutes ago, LOSer said:

I'm not sure Herman is great. He's lost multiple games this year as 20+ favorites(Almost lost another one to SMU), and is having a winning season at Houston with the same guys as last year. 

I don't think he's much different than Kevin Sumlin.

• Like 1

Just now, LOSer said:

Which is no indication of anything.

Teams always rally behind interim coaches. The key word being interim.

It's so typical of a place like LSU to fall in love with an interim knucklehead coach because he's fat and has a cajun twang.

Is 5-2 any good? Considering who they beat? They had 1st and Goal to beat Florida at home and couldn't get two yards.

Thats again very true....Fournette stopped playing this year....the back up Guice(SP?) would be a starter on pretty much any other team.

Just now, steeler01 said:

I'm not sure Herman is great. He's lost multiple games this year as 20+ favorites(Almost lost another one to SMU), and is having a winning seaston at Houston with the same guys as last year. 

Another coach that should be on the hot seat...Manziel made that man...Ever since Manziel left A&M hasnt been the same...started off great then went down hill

3 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I'm not sure Herman is great. He's lost multiple games this year as 20+ favorites(Almost lost another one to SMU), and is having a winning season at Houston with the same guys as last year. 

And Kevin Sumlin would be an upgrade over Ed Orgeron too.

All those things may be true and he could still be one of the top young coaches in the game.

He has lost games as big favorites but he's also won games against P5 schools as big underdogs (FSU, Oklahoma and Louisville).

Just now, LOSer said:

And Kevin Sumlin would be an upgrade over Ed Orgeron too.

All those things may be true and he could still be one of the top young coaches in the game.

He has lost games as big favorites but he's also won games against P5 schools as big underdogs (FSU, Oklahoma and Louisville).

I'm not sure of that one.

He's overrated IMO. Having watched Houston a ton this year, their success comes from Ward scrambling around making plays(Can't be coached)and Dunbar making great catches. 

Best young coach out there is P.J. Fleck. A guy that actually built a mid major team from crap to its best season ever in 4 seasons. Tom Herman on the other hand, received a team coming off an 8-4 season with a ton of returning players.

I'd also take these two mid major coaches over Tom Herman

Jeff Brohm

Matt Rhule

Has Tom Herman ever been inside of a SEC stadium. 

Herman, might be ok at Texas. Texas has talent and plays in weakest power conference in the nation. Better shot there truthfully.

O is O. He's from Louisiana, loves the state, game and everything La. If we are going to hold past records against coaches 97% of the coaches would be out of work or have crappy jobs.

I like O and realize he's not Saban, but who is? Maybe the guy at Miami is, who's their coach these days?

15 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

O is O. He's from Louisiana, loves the state, game and everything La.

This is exactly what silly ass people say when they make emotional decisions and hire the Ra Ra guy.

17 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

I like O and realize he's not Saban, but who is?

Not Saban?

That should be the least of your concerns.

The guy is a bozo who's not fit to be the head coach of a major program.

But I think it's great. College football will be better off with a 7-win LSU team for awhile.

25 minutes ago, LOSer said:

Had Urban Meyer?

Urban, had just completed a 12-0 season,  #5 national ranking , and Fiesta Bowl romp before going to Florida.

Herman, just completed finishing tied for 3rd in the West Division of the American Athletic Conference and are currently unranked and will qualify for a mid level bowl game.

I see why you are biting down hard on Herman's jock.

5 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Urban, had just completed a 12-0 season,  #5 national ranking , and Fiesta Bowl romp before going to Florida.

And Herman went 13-1 with a #8 national ranking and a Peach Bowl romp the year before.

Stop grasping at straws.

Orgeron is a clown and everyone knows it except the LSU administration and select fanboys,