Grayson may have wins over AL 6A & 7A Champ

ECHS05

Earlier this season Grayson GA played and beat Ramsay AL 38-6 at home. And then later, in Week 10, Grayson traveled to Hoover AL and won 36-14.

On Wednesday, Nov. 30, Hoover will play McGill-Toolen for the Alabama 7A State Championship at Jordan-Hare Stadium.

And Friday, Dec. 2nd, Ramsay will play Opelika for the Alabama 6A State Championship.

I thought it interesting that, if both win, Grayson would have wins over Alabamas 1st & 2nd largest class State Champions. Not just wins but fairly dominant wins... outscoring them 74-20 in the 2 games.

I remember there being a thread on the old board asking if any teams had beaten 2 different state champs from 1 state in the same season. Cant remember who had, but this might be 1 to add to the list. 

I remember Valdosta beat 2 different Florida state champs in the same season in 2001 or 2002.... or 2003 (Lincoln & Madison Co.)

I wish they could play IMG again in that bowl series out in Texas. Don't see why not? IMG wants to play again. It'll be 3 months later and we'd be able to see the difference. 

Mountain Point beat Chandler by 120 in September and we see happened in the rematch a few days ago (Chandler won) 

i know grayson would choose to play IMG over any of the other champs 

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Could be 4 from 3 states or ZERO!!!

Deer Jerkey most likely won't win it. 

Ramsay will be a big underdog 

Hoover shits the bed vs good teams. 

And the West Coast champ might sneak up and surprise you. 

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Lol 

Absolutely agree. Opelika will be favored over Ramsay. Cant tell with Hoover, but McGill is a very good team from what Ive seen.

Itll be very difficult for Deer Jerky to beat Southridge, then Dr. Pepper.

Plus Chandler & Bingham are both playing extremely well right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Grayson is scary good. I would like to see them play IMG now. 

Grayson is probably number 4 nationally behind BG, IMG and Mater Dei. 

Wouldnt surprise me if they could beat any of those 3. And those are truly elite teams.

Count me as one that wants to see the IMG-Grayson rematch at years end.

15 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

IMG isn't that great of a team.  

The 19-0 record the last 2 years vs some of the best teams out there would seem to disagree.

Although I do somewhat agree, thats why we want to see a rematch with Grayson as itd most likely to in Graysons favor. Grayson has put it together in all facets finally and is playing great. They started a little slow this year and one of their best defensive players (4* Breon Dixon) was absent vs IMG. Id just as soon see a rematch with Grayson as to see them play Bingham or Chandler.

I'm not sold that Grayson would beat IMG in a second game. Most of us have watched IMG play several times, and the take away is almost always that they do enough to win. They aren't flashy so people tend to confuse that with just not good. No one has been able to stop them. They have every position covered with guys that will play on Saturdays. Not most of the positions, but every one. 

I think the IMG lines would lean on Grayson again and that'll be that. 

Still would be fun to watch. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm not sold that Grayson would beat IMG in a second game. Most of us have watched IMG play several times, and the take away is almost always that they do enough to win. They aren't flashy so people tend to confuse that with just not good. No one has been able to stop them. They have every position covered with guys that will play on Saturdays. Not most of the positions, but every one. 

I think the IMG lines would lean on Grayson again and that'll be that. 

Still would be fun to watch. 

Yes, big Lines are the biggest factor in high school, especially against the very best. It's no coincidence that the biggest lines I've seen this year are BG, IMG, Mater Dei, SJB, and Iggy. 

Just now, Ararar said:

IMG is a very good team but any of the teams mentioned in this topic could beat them.Lets face it,..Centennial should have beaten them if Logan executes a little clock management .

Your joking right ? None of those teams can beat them on a nurtral field that includes bishop Gorman and STA . They play to the completion , teams have bad games 

5 minutes ago, Ballhawku said:

Your joking right ? None of those teams can beat them on a nurtral field that includes bishop Gorman and STA . They play to the completion , teams have bad games 

Uh,no....any of those teams could beat them.IMG in no way had a bad game against CC.They just played a team their equal

12 minutes ago, Ballhawku said:

IMG's offensive line is weak.  TCC took away the running game from their running back with way undersized defensive linemen.  They just trailed an entire game before coming back and winning against a squad I've never heard of.

21 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Uh,no....any of those teams could beat them.IMG in no way had a bad game against CC.They just played a team their equal

Hard to make an argument when they're still winning regardless. They beat Grayson and bishop got lucky to beat STA . Not an IMG fan however the team keeps winning on the road vs top teams