5A title game controversy?

FootballGuy

8 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I hate when kids are the victims of adults stupidity or pride.  At the same time, why would the coach not know that a personal foul like roughing the passer and roughing the kicker, is an automatic first down?  Did the white hat call running into the kicker when he announced the penalty?

Yes... 

The coach knew the ref said it wasn't... 

And the GHSA hates putting effort into corrections so... 

They'll side with the ref... 

And bury it...

But Warner robins is a rowdy bunch they ain't taking it laying down... 

And The GHSA got schools on they ass for various reasons

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Two sides to every story and then there's the truth. Hines took what the refs said and made a decision. Simple as that. 

If the coach knows the rules, he should have had a discussion with the White Hat to clarify what he claims he was incorrectly told by the ref on his sideline. That happens all the time, and I'd definitely say he should have taken the time to do just that in OT of a state championship game. Simple as that.

• Like 1

I mean, idk. I understand that it may be tougher to pull together another football game in a short period of time, but shit.... if you were able to do it for a baseball game because of "misapplication of rules," then the same thing should apply for a state championship game. It's crazy how they treat one of their largest, if not the largest, forms of income like shit when it comes to mistakes on their behalf....smh. 

2 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

If the coach knows the rules, he should have had a discussion with the White Hat to clarify what he claims he was incorrectly told by the ref on his sideline. That happens all the time, and I'd definitely say he should have taken the time to do just that in OT of a state championship game. Simple as that.

Where you from again?

16 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

What?

A Line Judge allegedly gave the wrong option to the coach because there was another game to be played? You think the Line Judge made that decision?

Not likely at all.

Come on man. This is my story. Can I tell it unabated? Hahaha. 

Anyhow, the issue remains, somebody is lying. 

According to Hines, the communications among the refs basically closes the case in his book. 

The coach and however many witness he marches forward are liars or not to be trusted. 

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

Unbelievable that two years in a row the GHSA has failed two championship games (3A in 17, 5A in 18) 

Or that two years in a row a coach made a mistake at a huge time in a state championship game (12 men on field).

Or, maybe it wasn't a mistake by the coach. Most people have heard over the years to be very careful taking points off the board. At the time, perhaps the coach said he'd take the points, confident that they'd still eventually win the game. Then, when 2nd guessed by others, claim he was given incorrect info. Friggin' refs and GHSA!

The coach should have demanded why the Roughing the Kicker wouldn't result in a 1st down if he was told otherwise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maxchoboian said:

Or that two years in a row a coach made a mistake at a huge time in a state championship game (12 men on field).

Or, maybe it wasn't a mistake by the coach. Most people have heard over the years to be very careful taking points off the board. At the time, perhaps the coach said he'd take the points, confident that they'd still eventually win the game. Then, when 2nd guessed by others, claim he was given incorrect info. Friggin' refs and GHSA!

The coach should have demanded why the Roughing the Kicker wouldn't result in a 1st down if he was told otherwise.

The Calhoun-PC thing last year was legit the refs... 

1 minute ago, maxchoboian said:

I believe you. And the Colquitt player count was legit the coaches...

Nobody is on about the man count about the 7A final last year. That was stupid but has jack to do with the issue we are discussing here and now. 

This year... bad calls in the 7A game for sure though. Also, nothing to do with the issue being discussed here today. 

There appears to be no recourse when something like this happens. They ruled out replay review for any games, even t.v. games. 

Clearly you can look at the monitors in the Benz and see bad calls. Horrible bad calls even, but, the refs won't even glance at the monitors around the stadium. It's infuriating. Peach definitely got hosed last year. Warner Robins possibly got hosed this year. 

Like I said earlier, the coaches really should have recorded the exchange and played the remaining game under duress. Without any recording or the line judge admitting something, the coach is a liar. His witnesses are liars. 

It's a shame. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They ruled out replay review for any games, even t.v. games. 

...the refs won't even glance at the monitors around the stadium. It's infuriating.

If any type of replay is ruled out, why should they look at the monitors? They can't change the call based on reviewing the play on the monitors.

10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Like I said earlier, the coaches really should have recorded the exchange and played the remaining game under duress.

The coach should have told the Line Judge he was wrong, and not continued until he got an explanation from the Referee.

44 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Come on man. This is my story. Can I tell it unabated? Hahaha. 

My fault. I'm out.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

If any type of replay is ruled out, why should they look at the monitors? They can't change the call based on reviewing the play on the monitors.

The coach should have told the Line Judge he was wrong, and not continued until he got an explanation from the Referee.

My fault. I'm out.

I'm just pulling your chain man. Don't dip on the subject. 

We need the refs point of view too. 

You're correct, they shouldn't use the monitor if they can't take what they saw and reverse the call, however, they need to know they're wrong when they're wrong. It's the only way to get better. Accept that you made a mistake, and try to be better next time.

I agree, the coach shouldn't have continued playing or whatever. What I know is the coach says the line judge offered and explanation, then rushed him to make a decision. 

Idk who is right or wrong. Either scenario seems kind of likely, but, like the coach says, nobody turns down first and goal. I believe that he wasn't told correctly because I have an irrational dislike for the refs because they're constantly screwing up. Hahaha.

The GHSA is a clown show. I was hopeful it would get better with new leadership, but clearly they've been to school so long they traded their common sense in for book sense. Hahaha.

On a really serious note... It always sucks when so much is in the line and it seems like the wrong decision has been made and then there is no apparent recourse. 

Like the OP mentioned, at least once, part of a baseball game was replayed due to a glaring error by officials  why not now? Why only baseball? Why not football? 

Part of the reason we call the GHSA a clown shoe. xD

The flow of the ending of the 5A title game was weird anyway. 

The reason I said about them rushing the game is the way the flow went at the end. 

The weird situation with the declined personal foul was just the beginning of the weirdness.

Now we hear that a ref rushed the coach to a decision while giving an incorrect explanation. 

After that happened, and Bainbridge scored a td...The final play of the game was an obvious to everyone but the official it happened right in front of pass interference. The ref called incomplete, turned and ran off the field. Game over. Haha. 

Looked like a rush job to me. Sounds like one from the Warner Robins coach. It sorta begs for a conspiracy theory. xD

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The flow of the ending of the 5A title game was weird anyway. 

The reason I said about them rushing the game is the way the flow went at the end. 

The weird situation with the declined personal foul was just the beginning of the weirdness.

Now we hear that a ref rushed the coach to a decision while giving an incorrect explanation. 

After that happened, and Bainbridge scored a td...The final play of the game was an obvious to everyone but the official it happened right in front of pass interference. The ref called incomplete, turned and ran off the field. Game over. Haha. 

Looked like a rush job to me. Sounds like one from the Warner Robins coach. It sorta begs for a conspiracy theory. xD

You know the refs know they fucked up when they go running off the field. It's just crazy how whenever a controversial moment arises in a football game, they try to marginalize it, but if it were another sport, they'd treat the situation much differently. 

48 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

You know the refs know they fucked up when they go running off the field. It's just crazy how whenever a controversial moment arises in a football game, they try to marginalize it, but if it were another sport, they'd treat the situation much differently. 

Well, that incomplete call effectively ended the game. It was 4th down in the 3rd OT and WR last possession. A PI call would have given one more shot. 

He called incomplete and the whole crew took off and trotted to the locker room. 

Lol. This was after the weird stuff on the field goal and the coach saying they rushed him into a decision on bad information. Idk. 

Make the official radio transmissions public too. 

I'd love to hear the stuff they're saying during games when I see the guys huddled in the middle touching their ear pieces. We sit in the stands thinking wtf!? They discussing how to fuck us more or what?! Let's play some damn football! 

I didn't know they were recorded until Hines said he listened to the tape.

I want to know what they're talking about. My assumption is some cat upstairs is telling them something from the rule book, or, that they screwed up a call or who the hell knows what. I wanna hear the tapes dammit. xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

You know the refs know they fucked up when they go running off the field. 

Many state officiating associations tell their refs to run off the field. It looks more professional, and minimizes the number of times confrontations occur after a game. It makes sense.

Give it a whirl...sounds like you'd be an excellent high school official. I'd suggest you move around with a purpose when you do it, though. Walking will make you look as lazy as you are in your argument here.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Many state officiating associations tell their refs to run off the field. It looks more professional, and minimizes the number of times confrontations occur after a game. It makes sense.

Give it a whirl...sounds like you'd be an excellent high school official. I'd suggest you move around with a purpose when you do it, though. Walking will make you look as lazy as you are in your argument here.

Ma'am, who are you again?

38 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

What kind of stuff gets said over the ear piece during games? Like when there was a weird or bad call and the crowd is booing or whatever... I see the refs standing over the ball for what seems like eternities holding their hand on the ear piece. 

I'd love to hear these convos. 

As an aside... I know the refs job is pretty thankless, and for the most part they do pretty good jobs. They're easy targets too though. 

Some crews become more a part of the game than they should imo. It is what it is. I just like fussing about them. 

You could drop me ass first into paradise and I'd probably still find something to bitch about. I usually take the good with the bad and mix it together like biscuits and gravy. 

Then the biscuit isn't fluffy enough or is too soggy! 

xD