High Schools with the most Alumni playing College Football

DevilDog

Pretty interesting the list of HS with the most current players from each State playing college ball. No wonder the teams at the top in each State are also State powers. 

High schools in each State with the most current college football players. The data includes all players on NCAA D-I, D-II and D-III, and NAIA rosters. All players, freshman through senior, are included.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/Ib_jNTWDoU-1qLjU2hVaHA/top-high-school-in-each-state-with-the-most-alumni-currently-playing-college-football.htm

The top 10.  3 Schools had 37 kids in the 10 spot.  STA has 69 kids on college rosters. WOW privates dominate.  Interesting 3 Public schools only crack the top 10.

FL - St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale) - 69

NJ - Bergen Catholic (Oradell) - 50

MD - DeMatha (Hyattsville) - 48

TX - Cedar Hill - 47 (Public) 

IL - Chicago Mt. Carmel (Chicago) - 47 (shocked at this one)

CA - Mater Dei (Santa Ana) - 45

OH - St. Edward (Lakewood) - 45

NC  - Mallard Creek (Charlotte) - 42 (Public)

GA - Buford - 42 (Public)  small school power for years.

TN - Brentwood Academy - 37

MA - Boston College High - 37

IN - Cathedral (Indianapolis) - 37

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Interesting statistics.

I wish they had a resource to see more than just the single top school from each state in this regard. I would be interested to see where a few other schools fall in the spectrum.

They do you can download the guide if you read the page and it has everything you need.  I had no need to know all that. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

They do you can download the guide if you read the page and it has everything you need.  I had no need to know all that. 

Yeah, I think they want to sell the guide. 

Not sure I want it that bad myself. It just seems like the Georgia count has to be close. Was curious who was second and etc. and then how close they were to the 42 of Buford. 

6 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Lee County has been on fire since Dean Fabrizio (Former Coaching Staff member at Dr.Phillips)  Took over has produced numerous D1 Athletes. they have 3 players at Ohio State right now. 1 on Ole Miss 

2 4* players commited to LSU 

A QB at Marshall. 

A 3* at West Kentucky. 

The listing from MaxPreps included all levels. I was along the line of thought that, if Buford leads with 42 total, and I know that Colquitt had over 20 sign letters of intent, and I'm for sure that 14 of those actually went in to colleges just last year alone, the count has to be close. There could have been more than that 14 that I'm certain about that actually went last year. 

Anyway, I think that is a great way to measure the success of your program. Not just DI athletes that are starting to transfer around and go to the hot high school of late(kind of skews the numbers for some schools), but the DII's and DIII's etc. Those are the kids that are usually developing in a program, and all of the kids going on to play college ball are success stories imo.