Excuse Thread - December 1

Sammyswordsman

1 hour ago, NorCalRuss said:

NorCal has 2 teams this year  that can compete with SoCals 5-6 best teams now with the new transfered up super teams SoCal annually puts together. Maybe 3-4 on good years.  It’s not like it’s a huge achievement if SJB or MD beats up a NotCal school with no transfers playing with local talent. 

SoCal should have to play with same transfer rules as NorCal so we’re comparing the same type of teams. 

This is not an excuse just a reality that can’t be denied. 

The best team from NorCal will be playing best team from SoCal at least.  Rest of divisions are participation trophies anyway. 

Fwiw, and some expert can chime in with better detail but I believe they are playing with same transfer rules 

it’s just that no one either aggressively taking advantage of and/ or not in position (talent, money) to do so 

its not like socal breaking rules — they just have a couple or few teams with the means and motivation 

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I don't think Nor Cal had any teams last year that could compete with So Cal Top 5

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

48 minutes ago, On2whls said:

I don’t have any problem with evenly matched lower division contests, but Sending Folsom to play Cathedral is like Sending SJB to play Pitt or Clayton Valley.  If Nor Cal folks want Folsom to be viewed with the top teams they need to play and beat the top team up North.  Maybe even worse though, is Liberty as the #3 team in Nor Cal can get a shot to come play a 3 loss D2 team???

Again all in favor of reinstititing regional games but that doesn’t work for you guys 

what D2 team, your old nemesis Upland?

2 hours ago, On2whls said:

I don’t have any problem with evenly matched lower division contests, but Sending Folsom to play Cathedral is like Sending SJB to play Pitt or Clayton Valley.  If Nor Cal folks want Folsom to be viewed with the top teams they need to play and beat the top team up North.  Maybe even worse though, is Liberty as the #3 team in Nor Cal can get a shot to come play a 3 loss D2 team???

Sending SJb or MD to NorCal to play any team is the same recently with unlimited transferee up  teams.  . DLS - Folsom may win 1-2 out of 10. I actually think Folsom has better chance than DLS vs both. More big play  explosive players. 

Transfer season hasn’t hit NorCal yet. Not for or against it, just honestly not a level playing field. 

9 hours ago, Pops said:

Utter bullshit 

1). You’re changing story now from what transpired where I posted that Folsom imho could be top CA team since 2010 and made my case acknowledging that CC, MD, and SJB — but only those three teams had a case — but, AT WORST, Folsom #5 team in state over that timeframe and, thus, iPso facto, is a relevant team.

2). You responded by “disagreeing” and then saying that CC is #2 (never mind that CC 0-3 and Folsom 3-0 im SBGs during frame) and that MD (1st section championship ‘17) and SJB were also better.  This agreed with me except for your defensible but clearly homer adjustments over logic.

3). Your Folsom story may be true, but it’s clearly not a fact.  You guys ran with a quote from a Folsom mother saying “unfair” after DLS game and now are leaning very heavily on a quote from Folsom coach Richardson that basically is as much of a smoking gun as what Bob Johnson said about Mater Dei on his way out (and several other times).  What you call facts is really speculation and if one were to speculate, the Pac5/ SS had more means (nothing happens in CIF without their say so) and motivation (their top team PREPOSTEROUSLY wasn’t either selected best or didn’t earn their way into Open game 3 of past 5 years).  The fact you guys got an extra week to prepare for the little school from the north  with 195# starting OL was icing on cake).  Neither of us have facts, but my speculation makes way more sense.  You are to have us believe that an Ireland teams coach’s comments after a tough loss (and I’m talking about Richardson not Johnson) led to an overhaul of the CIF playoff structure and eliminated without notice a game that would have been two national top 5 Norcal teams playing for what effectively would have been the Ava championship)

Spinmaster?  Let me say this and I honestly don’t mean insult because I think it’s the former, but you are either spinning way more than me (and so iPso facto being very hypocritical for the call out) or are just really fucking dumb 

Good Post Pop's, I Will respond...

1. The Teams that have played in the Open Game are Servite, Westlake, Cen10, SJB, MD and DLS. Folsom is not on that list so they are no more relevant then Mission Viejo, Oaks Christian, JSerra, OLU, REV, Bakersfield, Granite Bay, Santa Margarita and Palo Alto etc.... In CA, the Open means you are #1, not anything else.

2. Since Folsom is not on the Open list, that means they Failed to qualify for the Top Bowl game in the state, and since they played only 1 of those teams on the field, and lost by a combined score of 108-38, they are not on that Tier. Even Mission Viejo Has Been to the SSD1 Semifinals which is a greater achievement on the field then winning the consolation Bowl... Mission Viejo also did Beat Nor Cal #2 in the Consolation Game, as Did Cathedral Cathloic before so being #2 in Nor Cal is far from top 5 in the state.

3. Folsom Ducked DLS in 2014 so their QB could get a State Title and they could have a parade, thus 'Failing to Qualify" for the top bowl game. It is what it is, no body on this board made that up, it was reported in the paper. This is Folsom's only relevant contribution CAHSFB and Legacy and why they have no respect.

You can continue to spin all your BULL SHIT cal preps rankings and your ridiculous BULL SHIT statistics until you are "Bulldog Blue" in the face, but ON THE FIELD Folsom and their 3 consolation prize bowl wins are not a top 5 CA team and you cant spin that... Folsom needs to prove it on the field, not on paper.

It's Ok though, @Extremely Humble will still get you a ticket to the Folsom Parade and you can all celebrate with "Cybil" and his 5 personalities and tell everyone, "We would have".... 🤣🤣🤣

Oh, and Ipso Facto, San Diego in an upset by 17.... Whatever that means...🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Lawndale will destroy Liberty.  Can't wait for that game if the SBG can set it up.  They would be the laughing stock of all So Cal Victories.

Why?

if lawndale is your 1a rep, assume they don’t suck 

do they?  And, if so, how could they be your rep?

2 hours ago, On2whls said:

We have teams that lost last game playing next week and teams that won their last game staying home via coin flip. Can’t make this shit up. Cali needs to redo entire system. Restructure Division level requirements to get more D1 or something cuz what we have now isn’t good. 

3 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Good Post Pop's, I Will respond...

1. The Teams that have played in the Open Game are Servite, Westlake, Cen10, SJB, MD and DLS. Folsom is not on that list so they are no more relevant then Mission Viejo, Oaks Christian, JSerra, OLU, REV, Bakersfield, Granite Bay, Santa Margarita and Palo Alto etc.... In CA, the Open means you are #1, not anything else.

2. Since Folsom is not on the Open list, that means they Failed to qualify for the Top Bowl game in the state, and since they played only 1 of those teams on the field, and lost by a combined score of 108-38, they are not on that Tier. Even Mission Viejo Has Been to the SSD1 Semifinals which is a greater achievement on the field then winning the consolation Bowl... Mission Viejo also did Beat Nor Cal #2 in the Consolation Game, as Did Cathedral Cathloic before so being #2 in Nor Cal is far from top 5 in the state.

3. Folsom Ducked DLS in 2014 so their QB could get a State Title and they could have a parade, thus 'Failing to Qualify" for the top bowl game. It is what it is, no body on this board made that up, it was reported in the paper. This is Folsom's only relevant contribution CAHSFB and Legacy and why they have no respect.

You can continue to spin all your BULL SHIT cal preps rankings and your ridiculous BULL SHIT statistics until you are "Bulldog Blue" in the face, but ON THE FIELD Folsom and their 3 consolation prize bowl wins are not a top 5 CA team and you cant spin that... Folsom needs to prove it on the field, not on paper.

It's Ok though, @Extremely Humble will still get you a ticket to the Folsom Parade and you can all celebrate with "Cybil" and his 5 personalities and tell everyone, "We would have".... 🤣🤣🤣

Oh, and Ipso Facto, San Diego in an upset by 17.... Whatever that means...🤣

1.  Grant won the first Opem and Folsommset them on their demise by drubbing them in a couple of showdown games when one program was ascending and Vice Versa 

2.  Since you forgot grant and based everything I’m combined score cs DLS can we just say this point makes no sense for you since folsommhas beaten grant by more since?

3.  Folsom didn’t duck DLS I’m 2014 — they wanted a game even though the Open was still happening until cancelled in that preseason — DLS said “let’s each go play someone else and we’ll see you in September”. That’s actually one that I can confirm and doesn’t tie in very well with the “Folsom rule” narrative 

i wish Folsom could prove it on the field more but I don’t blame them they’re not playing a better team — if socal teams would have needed to beat DLS to qualify for Open, they’d have 5 representatives in 13 years for 25 million people — don’t hold it against folsom that theyre 0-3 c DLS 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

We have teams that lost last game playing next week and teams that won their last game staying home via coin flip. Can’t make this shit up. Cali needs to redo entire system. Restructure Division level requirements to get more D1 or something cuz what we have now isn’t good. 

To be fair, part of your angst is in the system but the coin flips were caused by the fires impacting air quality and schedules 

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

Sierra Canyon beat Upland.  Down this way, losers go home, so Sierra Canyon it is.

San Diego Open loser still playing i think 

it’s your choice however you work it out 

socal/ Norcal has same transfer rules but play it differently 

socal/ Norcal have same open rules and each have sections that play it differently 

socal angst for solsom ratchets to its highest level last week thru SBGs when SJB and CC going home while folsom hoists Championship 

It’s not Folsom’s fault they’re not playing SJB or CC — they’re showing up — Norcal would love for you guys to send them instead ifnonly tonshir the hell up about not sending your best teams 

16 hours ago, Pops said:

(never mind that CC 0-3 and Folsom 3-0 im SBGs during frame)

The dishonesty has now reached laughable levels.

Never mind that Centennial is 0-3 in bowl games against DLS and Folsom is 3-0 against tier 2 slappies.

And the inconvenient fact that Folsom's record against DLS in that same period is? 0-3.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pops said:

3.  Folsom didn’t duck DLS I’m 2014 — they wanted a game even though the Open was still happening until cancelled in that preseason — DLS said “let’s each go play someone else and we’ll see you in September”. That’s actually one that I can confirm and doesn’t tie in very well with the “Folsom rule” narrative 

Be careful pops. That isn't a popular narrative with the bunch here.

With that- thank you!

7 hours ago, Pops said:

It’s not Folsom’s fault they’re not playing SJB or CC — they’re showing up — Norcal would love for you guys to send them instead ifnonly tonshir the hell up about not sending your best teams 

Spot on. Thanks for the defense.

And go DLS versus MD! I am hoping for DLS to shock the world baby!

7 hours ago, Pops said:

Here’s what SoCal should do then. Split the 16 team bracket into two open 8 team brackets.  MD/SJB go into separate brackets.  Winners of each bracket face off for the SBG game, losers play on to get a shot at D1AA and D1A brackets.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goldmember said:

The dishonesty has now reached laughable levels.

Never mind that Centennial is 0-3 in bowl games against DLS and Folsom is 3-0 against tier 2 slappies.

And the inconvenient fact that Folsom's record against DLS in that same period is? 0-3.

All of that was said in the conversation 

what’s dishonest is selectively quoting tonsuit your stalking agenda 

shame-shame-19400915.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

Here’s what SoCal should do then. Split the 16 team bracket into two open 8 team brackets.  MD/SJB go into separate brackets.  Winners of each bracket face off for the SBG game, losers play on to get a shot at D1AA and D1A brackets.

That would certainly work for Norcal 

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

That would certainly work for Norcal 

Who cares about Nor Cal.  They need to fix their playoffs.  So Cal has one of the best brackets in the Country, and  proposing to dilute the bracket or to add an a duplicate championship game in order to bail out Nor Cal and their broken system, is ridiculous   Let Nor Cal add a "play in" game for the open, or the devil can keep playing the San Diego teams,  its only fitting.

Then we can all mock their annual "State Championship" parade.  LOL  What a joke.

Simple solution:  Nor Cal adds a play in game for the open.  Completely fair, since the So Cal Champ already ran their gauntlet

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Who cares about Nor Cal.  They need to fix their playoffs.  So Cal has one of the best brackets in the Country, and  proposing to dilute the bracket or to add an a duplicate championship game in order to bail out Nor Cal and their broken system, is ridiculous   Let Nor Cal add a "play in" game for the open, or the devil can keep playing the San Diego teams,  its only fitting.

Then we can all mock their annual "State Championship" parade.  LOL  What a joke.

Simple solution:  Nor Cal adds a play in game for the open.  Completely fair, since the So Cal Champ already ran their gauntlet

Well, first, get off your high horse 

I was responding to your brethren crying about the unfairness that Folsom is still playing 

we’re fine with our playoffs — nice that a team like Folsom can play on 

you guys can just talk about how good OLu and JSerra are because no one in NorCal will ever see them (well OLu did play DLS a couple of years ago and lost 41-3 — they reminded me of servite)

7 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

You said what I quoted you saying.

And in the context that I framed it.

You're just trying to argue dishonestly.

False — somewhere in here I clearly acknowledge CC’s record as including DLS — I am pretty sure that I also acknowledged they’d been in a couple of other SNGs before my time frame 

its pathetic what you do with your time on here 

“mom, im going to be an Internet asshole until dinner — what time is the meat loaf!!?”

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pops said:

False — somewhere in here I clearly acknowledge CC’s record as including DLS — I am pretty sure that I also acknowledged they’d been in a couple of other SNGs before my time frame 

It doesn't matter if you said it afterward or not.

You clearly posted the SBG records to mislead people about the resumes.

Everybody knows your game, Pops.