Excuse Thread - December 1

Sammyswordsman

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

who gives a shit who servite beat in regular season after that SBG performance — any team that performed that much better than servite v DLS (twice) and didn’t lose to anyone else is worthy of some consideration

Pops arguing with Pops.

It's amazing to see him completely change his argument based whose balls he's trying to fluff.

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

I know.

Their schedule sucked, they lost to DLS twice by 14+ and didn't dominate the crappy opponents they played.

But they're #2 in Cali, man!

Just glanced at my phone and see I’m getting a post/ minute from you as you carve up my posts to share even more of your brilliance 

thought I’d throw a couple of things at you as you’re in midst of flurry 

I’ll respond once to a summary post at end if you tell me why we’re debating California 2010 — I didn’t being them up but you did for some reason..... why?

1 hour ago, Pops said:

What is your issue?

Don’t like Folsom?  I don’t think you have an issue with DLS?

are you just currently a bit bitter that CC maybbe a top 10 team in the country but has their season end while there are still 100 CA teams playing?

I’m sincerely curious  what is driving angst 

I have no issue with either DLS or Folsom, or MD, SJB, for that matter.   NorCal not putting their two best teams against each other to get to the SBG is garbage though.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pops said:

I’ll respond once to a summary post at end if you tell me why we’re debating California 2010 — I didn’t being them up but you did for some reason..... why?

I already answered this. You're just filibustering because you're clueless like always.

1 hour ago, Goldmember said:

Because you make silly arguments all the time in service of your fandom.

This was one that stuck out.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

50 minutes ago, On2whls said:

I have no issue with either DLS or Folsom, or MD, SJB, for that matter.   NorCal not putting their two best teams against each other to get to the SBG is garbage though.  

Well, first of all DLS and Folsom played this year so I assume you mean in a structured playoff

that used to happen and was changed — every socal homer calls it the Folsom rule but SS has as much or more notice and clearly more means to make the change that only DLS was clearly opposed to — no need to quote a Folsom mom or Coach Richardson making a very Bob Johnson-esque postgame comment  and the adding biased conjecture — SS/ Pac 5 wanted their team automatically in game since they weren’t being selected (im counting CC’s 1st 3 SBGs as opposed to the real power in SS since you weren’t in Pac5 yet 

DLS would love a return of regional Open game but neither SS nor Folsom want that (but let’s blame Folsom and pretend that they have that sort of juice)

32 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

@THEOC89 let’s hear it. Your #2 ranked NorCal team got running clocked. I’m interested in your take. 

My take is that DLS looked awesome last night against the #2 team in Nor Cal!... DLS is hitting on all cylinders and would be an easy 21 point favorite against any team in Nor Cal...

My Take on Folsom is they looked as soft as ever last night giving up 25 points to some team from a Trail in Monterrey?.... I don't know,  just another nobody on the Paper Tiger's Charmin Soft Schedule.... How is that for a Take?.... :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pops said:

This is your response right before you agreed with me that they belong in that group?

I’m confused 

would you rather I just join all the cool kids that bash them as sport?

To Clarify Pops, I was making fun of your ridiculous Folsom Spin that they are somehow a Relevant team... I Agreed with you that CC was #2 Team In Ca over the last 10 years.... I only included Folsom as #5 so I could make fun of the Fact they they created the "Folsom" Rule so they could Duck Top Competition and play in lower level Bowl Games so they could have Parades and say "We Would Have."

This is all fact, we have seen the articles and the quote that "The Folsom Coaches and Administration were Class to work with in finding solutions.".... The "Folsom" Solution was to get out of that Regional game and Duck DLS for 5 years...

Ducking top competition does not make you a Top Team in CA, It makes you a Joke.... Or "Paper Tiger".... :) 

I don't expect you to bash Folsom, and I could care less if you are a Fan of Folsom, I just don't understand why you are their "Spinmaster".... Does Richardson have some compromising Photo's of you or something?.... :) 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

My take is that DLS looked awesome last night against the #2 team in Nor Cal!... DLS is hitting on all cylinders and would be an easy 21 point favorite against any team in Nor Cal...

DLS looked about as good as anyone expected and earned the right to face MD.  Liberty on the other hand, well, I’m starting to understand why NorCal has they playoffs configured how they do.  

D1 Liberty fans probably feel a little bad but have no fear. Just beat Valley Christian and you get to go play a D2 SS team for a championship.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Ducking top competition does not make you a Top Team in CA, It makes you a Joke.... Or "Paper Tiger"...

Scheduling DLS on the road is “ducking competition” these days........

When you hear the word Folsom all you see is red. Something happened to you and I’m sorry for that. Your hatred is deep seeded, reminds me of a young Sammy. 

Breathe man, it’s just high school football. We both cheer for California schools and hopefully Folsom keeps up the better scheduling. 

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

My Take on Folsom is they looked as soft as ever last night giving up 25 points to some team from a Trail in Monterrey?.... I don't know,  just another nobody on the Paper Tiger's Charmin Soft Schedule.... How is that for a Take?.... :) 

Next year I hear Folsom is going to step it up a notch. They’re in the process of scheduling a team that tip toes through the tulips.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

To Clarify Pops, I was making fun of your ridiculous Folsom Spin that they are somehow a Relevant team... I Agreed with you that CC was #2 Team In Ca over the last 10 years.... I only included Folsom as #5 so I could make fun of the Fact they they created the "Folsom" Rule so they could Duck Top Competition and play in lower level Bowl Games so they could have Parades and say "We Would Have."

This is all fact, we have seen the articles and the quote that "The Folsom Coaches and Administration were Class to work with in finding solutions.".... The "Folsom" Solution was to get out of that Regional game and Duck DLS for 5 years...

Ducking top competition does not make you a Top Team in CA, It makes you a Joke.... Or "Paper Tiger".... :) 

I don't expect you to bash Folsom, and I could care less if you are a Fan of Folsom, I just don't understand why you are their "Spinmaster".... Does Richardson have some compromising Photo's of you or something?.... :) 

Utter bullshit 

1). You’re changing story now from what transpired where I posted that Folsom imho could be top CA team since 2010 and made my case acknowledging that CC, MD, and SJB — but only those three teams had a case — but, AT WORST, Folsom #5 team in state over that timeframe and, thus, iPso facto, is a relevant team.

2). You responded by “disagreeing” and then saying that CC is #2 (never mind that CC 0-3 and Folsom 3-0 im SBGs during frame) and that MD (1st section championship ‘17) and SJB were also better.  This agreed with me except for your defensible but clearly homer adjustments over logic.

3). Your Folsom story may be true, but it’s clearly not a fact.  You guys ran with a quote from a Folsom mother saying “unfair” after DLS game and now are leaning very heavily on a quote from Folsom coach Richardson that basically is as much of a smoking gun as what Bob Johnson said about Mater Dei on his way out (and several other times).  What you call facts is really speculation and if one were to speculate, the Pac5/ SS had more means (nothing happens in CIF without their say so) and motivation (their top team PREPOSTEROUSLY wasn’t either selected best or didn’t earn their way into Open game 3 of past 5 years).  The fact you guys got an extra week to prepare for the little school from the north  with 195# starting OL was icing on cake).  Neither of us have facts, but my speculation makes way more sense.  You are to have us believe that an Ireland teams coach’s comments after a tough loss (and I’m talking about Richardson not Johnson) led to an overhaul of the CIF playoff structure and eliminated without notice a game that would have been two national top 5 Norcal teams playing for what effectively would have been the Ava championship)

Spinmaster?  Let me say this and I honestly don’t mean insult because I think it’s the former, but you are either spinning way more than me (and so iPso facto being very hypocritical for the call out) or are just really fucking dumb 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

Utter bullshit 

1). You’re changing story now from what transpired where I posted that Folsom imho could be top CA team since 2010 and made my case acknowledging that CC, MD, and SJB — but only those three teams had a case — but, AT WORST, Folsom #5 team in stare over that timeframe and, thus, iPso facto, is a relevant team.

2). You responded by “disagreeing” and then saying that CC is #2 (never mind that CC 0-3 and Folsom 3-0 im SBGs during frame) and that MD (1st section championship ‘17) and SJB were also better.  This agreed with me except for your defensible but clearly homer adjustments over logic.

3). Your Folsom story may be true, but it’s clearly not a fact.  You guys ran with a quote from a Folsom mother saying “unfair” after DLS game and now are leaning very heavily on a quote from Folsom coach Richardson that basically is as much of a smoking gun as what Bob Johnson said about Mater Dei on his way out (and several other times).  What you call facts is really speculation and if one were to speculate, the Pac5/ SS had more means (nothing happens in CIF without their say so) and motivation (their top team PREPOSTEROUSLY wasn’t either selected best or earned their way into Open game 3 of past 5 years).  The fact you guys got an extra week to prepare for the little schoolboy north  with 195# starting OL could beat your best team every year.  Neither of us have facts, but my speculation makes way more sense.  You are to have us believe that an Ireland teams coach’s comments after a tough loss (and I’m talking about Richardson not Johnson) led to an overhaul of the CIF playoff structure and eliminated without notice a game that would have been two national top 5 Norcal teams playing for what effectively would have been the Ava championship)

Spinmaster?  Let me say this and I honestly don’t mean insult because I think it’s the former, but you are either slimming way more than me (and so iPso facto being very hypocritical for the call out) or are just really fucking dumb 

A spinmaster would pick an arbitrary time period other than the standard, 5 yr. 10yr, Rivals period etc.  You certainly did not do that.

38 minutes ago, On2whls said:

DLS looked about as good as anyone expected and earned the right to face MD.  Liberty on the other hand, well, I’m starting to understand why NorCal has they playoffs configured how they do.  

D1 Liberty fans probably feel a little bad but have no fear. Just beat Valley Christian and you get to go play a D2 SS team for a championship.

Replace Liberty with oaks Christian and there you have it 

5 teams in CA are on a different level than the rest 

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

A spinmaster would pick an arbitrary time period other than the standard, 5 yr. 10yr, Rivals period etc.  You certainly did not do that.

I’m not going to look it up but i believe I said something like “since 2010” I think Folsom has been 2nd best team in CA, then think (again I don’t care enough to research) said something about “last decade” in later quote 

i realized I needed to clarify as I was comparing SBG records (I think I acknowledged that once but wasn’t included in timeframe)

i don’t think saying “since XXX....” when making a point is “spinning”, I believe it’s called making a point 

— SINCE the advent of the super teams in 2013, socal has had much better teams because SJB showed up with the best socal team since CC recruited Martinez to replace Scott in ‘08.  Thhat was a seminal moment just like 2010 was seminal moment as Folsom’s arrival as an elite tier one CA hsfb team 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pops said:

I’m not going to look it up but i believe I said something like “since 2010” I think Folsom has been 2nd best team in CA, then think (again I don’t care enough to research) said something about “last decade” in later quote 

i realized I needed to clarify as I was comparing SBG records (I think I acknowledged that once but wasn’t included in timeframe)

i don’t think saying “since XXX....” when making a point is “spinning”, I believe it’s called making a point 

— SINCE the advent of the super teams in 2013, socal has had much better teams because SJB showed up with the best socal team since CC recruited Martinez to replace Scott in ‘08.  Thhat was a seminal moment just like 2010 was seminal moment as Folsom’s arrival as an elite tier one CA hsfb team 

I think using “even numbered years” would be just as relevant.

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I think using “even numbered years” would be just as relevant.

Why didn’t you say anything about the last 1,000 times someone referenced 2013 as the start of SJB being relevant?  

As a matter of fact, I think someone has used 2004 10,000 times in threads we’ve both been on to talk about DLS 

the selectiveness of your sensitivity reduces my remorse for any alleged offense 

19 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Uh that would be you......I believe referring to the beginning of the "dark years".

Uh, that would also be every guy that ever made a point about DLS’s OOS record 

what’s worse is that the excluded wins were only in 2002 and 2003 

so, did you or did you NOT object to anyone ever uttering “DLS’s OOS record since 2004....”

6766ed60c8efe3ee4715995bb7c1541c--mens-t

2 hours ago, On2whls said:

Oaks has plans to be the top program.  Until now, they haven’t had enough of the four factors necessary: money, administrative support, coaching, athletes.  

Understood 

you know I was just making a point that I don’t think #6 on down would look good against #5 on up in CA THIS YEAR

imho, I’d give JSerra the 6-spot and I think #5 Folsom beats them easily (I hesitate to say by 17 but that’s about how I’d feel)

DLS May need all of the 34 point MOV comparison (or more) v MD to keep hold if the #3 spot

A little more ambiguous they’d need to keep MOVfor MD for 2-spot — they may have to win in which case 2-spot is out 

9 hours ago, On2whls said:

NorCal has 2 teams this year  that can compete with SoCals 5-6 best teams now with the new transfered up super teams SoCal annually puts together. Maybe 3-4 on good years.  It’s not like it’s a huge achievement if SJB or MD beats up a NotCal school with no transfers playing with local talent. 

SoCal should have to play with same transfer rules as NorCal so we’re comparing the same type of teams. 

This is not an excuse just a reality that can’t be denied. 

The best team from NorCal will be playing best team from SoCal at least.  Rest of divisions are participation trophies anyway. 

5 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

NorCal has 2 teams this year  that can compete with SoCals 5-6 best teams now with the new transfered up super teams SoCal annually puts together. Maybe 3-4 on good years.  It’s not like it’s a huge achievement if SJB or MD beats up a NotCal school with no transfers playing with local talent. 

SoCal should have to play with same transfer rules as NorCal so we’re comparing the same type of teams. 

This is not an excuse just a reality that can’t be denied. 

The best team from NorCal will be playing best team from SoCal at least.  Rest of divisions are participation trophies anyway. 

I don't think Nor Cal had any teams last year that could compete with So Cal Top 5

6 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

I don’t have any problem with evenly matched lower division contests, but Sending Folsom to play Cathedral is like Sending SJB to play Pitt or Clayton Valley.  If Nor Cal folks want Folsom to be viewed with the top teams they need to play and beat the top team up North.  Maybe even worse though, is Liberty as the #3 team in Nor Cal can get a shot to come play a 3 loss D2 team???

• Like 1