Excuse Thread - December 1

Sammyswordsman

7 minutes ago, Pops said:

Canes knows this but is an advocate of measuring teams by how many quarters they win so always brings up halftime scores (didnyou onow sta actually beat MC 3 quarters to 1, instead of losing by 16)

I measure performance by how games unfold, yes.

I know, crazy.

California played DLS twice. Got blown out in one of them. Lost the other by 14 after trailing 23-3.

Gorman was beating DLS at halftime.

Two completely different narratives that Pops is incentivized to lie about.

Just now, Goldmember said:

This is such a bullshit excuse.

Unless you're telling us that De La Salle's coaches are the biggest buffoons on Earth, this is a total sham and a ass-covering narrative.

So they win 151 games in a row and hear years of criticism about not playing elite SoCal teams.

Then, in the first year of a state bowl system, they have a chance to vindicate a national championship season with a win over a SoCal team and they don't take it seriously because they're busy "celebrating" an NCS title win over Foothill?

This is embarrassing even for your ass-kissing homerific self.

I shared what I heard 

judge it for yourself 

whatever the truth, an adjustment seemed to be made as they went on a tear winning 5 of next 6 as part of a run finishing top 7 in comp 6 years in a row 

youre angry because DLS had more MNC since 2010 than STA has in their history 

7 minutes ago, Pops said:

c). They killed their schedule — kinda like STa this year — lose to the only good team they play but beat everyone else convincingly

No, they didn't.

They beat #997 San Ramon Valley, 24-7, and 38-19.

They beat #4551 Washington, 35-20.

This is one of the most ridiculously overrated mediocre teams in the history of these message boards.

2 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

I measure performance by how games unfold, yes.

I know, crazy.

California played DLS twice. Got blown out in one of them. Lost the other by 14 after trailing 23-3.

Gorman was beating DLS at halftime.

Two completely different narratives that Pops is incentivized to lie about.

I was at both games 

one was a snooze win, going away

the other was a shit your pants, oh fuck, nail biter 

look at box scores and measure by quarters or first downs or whatever floats your boat 

why did you bring this up again?  Please be specific as you have a tendency to sort of Tourette’s the same drivel into conversations without really establishing a connection 

5 minutes ago, Pops said:

I agree 

it was an irrelevant response to an irrelevant point 

you know, the sort of message that would cause a man with a conscience to look in the mirror 

So because two teams from 2012 and 2018 were overrated then we should overrated a team in 2010.

A silly and pointless thing to say.

3 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

No, they didn't.

They beat #997 San Ramon Valley, 24-7, and 38-19.

They beat #4551 Washington, 35-20.

This is one of the most ridiculously overrated mediocre teams in the history of these message boards.

Why would you say they’re overrated?

they finished #214 at CP and unranked anywhere else

You are like a jealous little girl 

3 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

I know because you didn't start following DLS until 2008.

So you come on here and pass of 3rd hand stories as facts when, in fact, they're just the opinions of deluded DLS fans on Spartanhood.

I said in the same post I made the comment in that i didn’t start following until 2006 and passed on what I heard 

why repeat?  Was this a gotcha?

ok, you got me 

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

I said in the same post I made the comment in that i didn’t start following until 2006 and passed on what I heard

No, you didn't.

30 minutes ago, Pops said:

The other thing I heard about that game is that it was first ever SBG and DLS treated it a bit like a college bowl game, just celebrating their section championship (which had always been THE GOAL).  coaches looked themselves in eyes afterward and realized they messed up and started taking a different approach — beat a CC team the next year that had something like a 15 to 2 D1 advantage — DLS gonna need that sort of effort vs the Academy

Just now, Goldmember said:

You said they had an argument for being #2 in California despite being typically mediocre NCS riff raff.

Why don’t they?  

I saw the supposed bear teams in socal that year —

— Servite lost 48-8 VERY generously

— CC was beaten by Pali Alto 

— Folsom beat Serra by 28

– MV was beaten by 14 by Servite 

California only lost to DLS and showed better than socal 

my point, as you well know despite the troll, was that there are NCS teams that are capable of accomplishment if they didn’t have to beat DLS first (which they did until a couple of years ago)   

California was more than capable of beating all of the teams I listed above, but wasn’t going to get a chance to play them unless they beat DLS (which none were going to do at he end)

28 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

rewrite history.png

Please explain how I was rewriting history by saying i think DLS coaches didn’t feel like they did a good job preparing kids for that game

rewriting history would be, for example, describing 2010 as unplayable conditions in an attempt to diminish the superlative performance of a superior opponent 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Pops said:

my point, as you well know despite the troll, was that there are NCS teams that are capable of accomplishment if they didn’t have to beat DLS first (which they did until a couple of years ago)  

And California didn't prove that with their crappy wins over San Ramon Valley, Washington, etc.

Their schedule sucked and they didn't even dominate it.

• Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, Pops said:

California was more than capable of beating all of the teams I listed above, but wasn’t going to get a chance to play them unless they beat DLS (which none were going to do at he end)

Their best win was by 17 over #997 San Ramon Valley.

It's amazing the kind of pretzels that you'll twist yourself into in order to diminish teams with seven top 500 wins (Servite) but then prop up teams with zero top 500 wins (California).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

Their best win was by 17 over #997 San Ramon Valley.

It's amazing the kind of pretzels that you'll twist yourself into in order to diminish teams with seven top 500 wins (Servite) but then prop up teams with zero top 500 wins (California).

The only top 500 team California played was DLS

DLS beat Servite waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ore easily than California either time and California almost beat the team that could well have beaten Servite by 100 

who gives a shit who servite beat in regular season after that SBG performance — any team that performed that much better than servite v DLS (twice) and didn’t lose to anyone else is worthy of some consideration 

IMHO or anyone’s without an axe to grind