Excuse Thread - December 1

Sammyswordsman

2 hours ago, Goldmember said:

No, SoCal just understands that Ws and Ls aren't the only measurement.

Everybody knows that NorCal teams would almost all be a tier lower in perception if they had to play SoCal more regularly.

Exactly. A good example is the ever first state bowl games in 2006. DLS never beat by a NoCal team, ranked #1 in a couple National polls and got waxed by a 2 loss Canyon Country team. 

Nocal no doubt a tier below SoCal 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pops said:

Folsom would have a very good case for being the 2nd most accomplished CA team this decade (‘10 - present)

-  3-0 I’m SBGs (avg MOV > 30)

— 6 top 50 finishes (inc top 5 and top 10)

— maybe CC, but they’re 0-4 in SBGs 

— both are 0-3 v DLS (Avg MOV v Folsom = 22; v CC = 16)

Maybe SJB, but they arrived on scene in 2013 and Folsom had better team in 2014

MD too recent 

next candidate is............:

.......... who?  Seriously, any nominees?  Doesn’t seem so to me.

seems to me socal just refuses to acknowledge certain teams until they hit you over the head, then you say, that’s not really your best head 

It’s a shame all the spin you come up with

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pops said:

Folsom would have a very good case for being the 2nd most accomplished CA team this decade (‘10 - present)

-  3-0 I’m CONSOLATION BOWL WINS(avg MOV > 30)-

— 6 top 50 finishes (inc top 5 and top 10)

— maybe CC, but they’re 0-4 in OPEN BOWL GAMES- CC Competes for the OPEN Which Folsom Has NEVER Qualifed for. 

— both are 0-3 v DLS (Avg MOV v Folsom = 22; v CC = 16)- BUST CC HAS BEAT BOTH SJB AND MD MULTIPLE TIMES.

Maybe SJB, but they arrived on scene in 2013 and Folsom had better team in 2014- CC WAS BETTER THEN BOTH

MD too recent 

next candidate is............: NOT FOLSOM, THEY HAVE BEAT NONE OF THE TOP TEAMS PERIOD!

.......... who?  Seriously, any nominees?  Doesn’t seem so to me.

seems to me socal just refuses to acknowledge certain teams until they hit you over the head, then you say, that’s not really your best head 

FIFY- Seems Like you left out A lot of Relevant Facts... Jeeze Pop's, you are really Reaching here.... :) 

I would say though that Folsom is the #1 Paper Tiger in CA!....

33 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

Exactly. A good example is the ever first state bowl games in 2006. DLS never beat by a NoCal team, ranked #1 in a couple National polls and got waxed by a 2 loss Canyon Country team. 

Nocal no doubt a tier below SoCal 

You bring up the ‘06 Canyon game more than everyone else on this board combined 

why is that?

That DLS team was way overrated — probably 3rd worse of last 30 years 

I’m wondering why socal didn’t send an even better team 

fwiw, I think DLS coaches would also rank that performance “down there” with the 7-0 shutout that Clovis West (now a Norcal also-ran) put on hem the year before 

what is that game an example of?  I always thought it was a really bad DLS team playing poorly, just like the Canyon game 

1 minute ago, Pops said:

You bring up the ‘06 Canyon game more than everyone else on this board combined 

why is that?

I’m wondering why socal didn’t send an even better team 

fwiw, I think DLS coaches would also rank that performance “down there” with the 7-0 shutout that Clovis West (now a Norcal also-ran) put on hem the year before 

what is that game an example of?  I always thought it was a really bad DLS team playing poorly, just like the Canyon game 

But that DLS team, as well as the two DLS teams that you stated were worse than the '06 team, all ran over their Nor Cal opponents.  Sad.

#telling

1 minute ago, THEOC89 said:

FIFY- Seems Like you left out A lot of Relevant Facts... Jeeze Pop's, you are really Reaching here.... :) 

I would say though that Folsom is the #1 Paper Tiger in CA!....

Regarding consolation games — that would be the top game that ANYONE in socal would have hoped to qualify for in 20007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, and 2015 and Folsom would have beat socal’s best team two of those years 

regarding CC in the Open, 2 of their 5 SBGs are Opens, two were consolation games, one wasnore Open 

lastly, you’re like canes and bodysurf — willing to scream “” IT FOLSOM!!!” But unwilling (unable?) tonoffer a viable alternative 

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

But that DLS team, as well as the two DLS teams that you stated were worse than the '06 team, all ran over their Nor Cal opponents.  Sad.

#telling

Did they?  Are you sure?  

Is this “rumming all over” 

— Shutout loss to Clovis west (‘05)

—tie with tie to #730 Palma (‘04)

— tie to #1622 Clayton valley (‘04)

those teams were only marginally better than the 4th worst team which almost lost to servite 

1 minute ago, Pops said:

Regarding consolation games — that would be the top game that ANYONE in socal would have hoped to qualify for in 20007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, and 2015 and Folsom would have beat socal’s best team two of those years 

regarding CC in the Open, 2 of their 5 SBGs are Opens, two were consolation games, one wasnore Open 

lastly, you’re like canes and bodysurf — willing to scream “” IT FOLSOM!!!” But unwilling (unable?) tonoffer a viable alternative 

CC is My Offer.... Back to Back Big Boy titles in So Cal Over the Top Teams and Duck no one.... Folsom has only played in the Consolation game and had Ducked the top competition every year... How can you make a case for Folsom over CC?...

Folsom is a Paper Tiger Pop's... They are doing a Disservice to Nor Cal Football with their Joke of a Schedule year in and year out... Great teams Challenge themselves no matter how good their team is... Hell CC was only returning a few Starters and lost a great QB, they scheduled the #1 team in AZ.... CC is the undisputed #1 Public in CA.... :)  

17 minutes ago, Pops said:

Puhlease.

You'd be stroking that team as one of De La Salle's 15 MNC teams if they didn't have to play that bowl game.

Now? They've overrated and one of the worst teams in 30 years.

By the way, that was not De La Salle's 3rd worst team in 30 years. Not even close.

• Thumbs Down 2

11 minutes ago, Pops said:

Did they?  Are you sure?  

Is this “rumming all over” 

— Shutout loss to Clovis west (‘05)

—tie with tie to #730 Palma (‘04)

— tie to #1622 Clayton valley (‘04)

So out of about 3 dozen games over 3 years you can find 3 games where DLS didn't "run over" their NorCal opponents?

And two of the games were ties, not losses, and one of them was to a team that wasn't considered NorCal at the time?

Nice try.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I’d say Folsom is 5th best team this decade behind DLS, Bosco, Cen10, MD. Who knows maybe Folsom is better but there is nothing to prove this because they unfortunately never played anybody and were taken to school when they had their chances to make a statement against DLS in the past. It’s just hard for Folsom to get respect. Making it to the semifinals in SSD1 is more impressive than Folsom winning the championship in their division. Now they will be forced to play Cathedral Catholic who probably isn’t even top 10 in SoCal.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

CC is My Offer.... Back to Back Big Boy titles in So Cal Over the Top Teams and Duck no one.... Folsom has only played in the Consolation game and had Ducked the top competition every year... How can you make a case for Folsom over CC?...

Folsom is a Paper Tiger Pop's... They are doing a Disservice to Nor Cal Football with their Joke of a Schedule year in and year out... Great teams Challenge themselves no matter how good their team is... Hell CC was only returning a few Starters and lost a great QB, they scheduled the #1 team in AZ.... CC is the undisputed #1 Public in CA.... :)  

Well you picked the school I would say is probably #2 over that period tonDolsom’s #3 so good choice, but then 3-0 SNGs v 1-4 and both have same record v DLS

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

By the way, that was not De La Salle's 3rd worst team in 30 years. Not even close.

Let’s say 27 years so I don’t have to go back to team that lost NCS without any records 

who’s worse?  The only contender for that spot IMHO is ‘16

8 minutes ago, Pops said:

Well you picked the school I would say is probably #2 over that period tonDolsom’s #3 so good choice, but then 3-0 SNGs v 1-4 and both have same record v DLS

If as you always say, SoCal should declare the D1SS as an open and send #2 to the D1AA game, I doubt Folsom would have any SBG wins.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pops said:

I enjoy hearing how Socal really has better teams to send to play Folsom but they’d just rather play Cc, MD, SJB and DLS back to back 

Ok.  Serious question.

Why can't Folsom play SJB or CC instead of some team that most folks not from Cali have never heard of?.  It would make for a better game if they played one of those two teams instead.

• Thanks 1