Ohio Playoffs Round 5 (Championship) Predictions/Discussion

Coletrain06

54 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Ok man lol.  I'll find them.

they held Colerain to 17 yards in the 3rd

And hear this: Dzuro has not thrown a pass in practice the last 4 weeks since getting his shoulder banged up. They wanted him to sit the rest of the season but guess what?

12-12 tonight 150 yards and 2 TD's 

this kid is tough

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrepGridiron said:

I think DLS would like to play another Ohio team. 

Distance unfortunately hurts the possibility along with one time per year Ohio being able to do it along with no travel during or on a school day unless both can be accomplished in the same day puts the odds greater than Jim Carey's so I have a chance? 1 million plus. 😀

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Distance unfortunately hurts the possibility along with one time per year Ohio being able to do it along with no travel during or on a school day unless both can be accomplished in the same day puts the odds greater than Jim Carey's so I have a chance? 1 million plus. 😀

Lets say it’s a possibility. Is Ed’s the team you think would put up the best fight?

2 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

I think Colerain only had 3 offensive plays in the 3rd.......the Colerain defense was on field almost the entire 3rd quarter. They were spending too much time on the field

I think they had 2 series 6 plays but Eds halftime adjustments have been spot on during the playoffs

9 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

Not Eds next year, may be there like this year but need to develop their players.

Hoban only loses a few starters this year

I think next years version of the Eagles could be quite formidable come playoff time, but you're right that there needs to be some development.  Senior class is strong, but next years juniors are probably the weakest class Eds has had in years.  We could see a number of sophomores emerge from a very good freshman class this year.

The defense will have to carry them early on, and brings back some big time players in Hankins, Pietrowski, Colangelo, Johnson, and the Nash twins.  Finding their offensive identity may take some time. Can't just replace Dzuro, Castleberry, and Kent.  However, Formani should be a good one next year in the primary back role, and Wainwright is more than ready to take over as the number one WR.  Kilbane and Crowder return on the line. Development of Conor O'Malley at QB will be the key.  

10 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Lombardo won the coaching battle in the 2nd half. 

Eds huge OLine was difficult to deal with. The INT before half was a crusher, and a throw that DSM doesn't usually make. 

Will have to see replay on a few plays....... at the game, I wasn't a fan of the fumble call on the first possession inside the 5. Thought he was clearly down before ball popped out...........also didnt think Syncere Jones stepped out of bounds on his would-be TD run, but there wasn't a good enough angle on the video board

It was difficult to tell if he was down on the TV replay as well, but that was certainly a big break for Eds early on.  

21 minutes ago, OdbCle said:

I think next years version of the Eagles could be quite formidable come playoff time, but you're right that there needs to be some development.  Senior class is strong, but next years juniors are probably the weakest class Eds has had in years.  We could see a number of sophomores emerge from a very good freshman class this year.

The defense will have to carry them early on, and brings back some big time players in Hankins, Pietrowski, Colangelo, Johnson, and the Nash twins.  Finding their offensive identity may take some time. Can't just replace Dzuro, Castleberry, and Kent.  However, Formani should be a good one next year in the primary back role, and Wainwright is more than ready to take over as the number one WR.  Kilbane and Crowder return on the line. Development of Conor O'Malley at QB will be the key.  

I think some Soph will play next year

who was Soph D lineman that played some last night? Big guy 250, he came out of nowhere

yes they have a nice core of 10 or so guys coming back but hard to replace the trio of play makers. Those 3 were tough senior leaders along with Caden Colesar

18 minutes ago, OdbCle said:

It was difficult to tell if he was down on the TV replay as well, but that was certainly a big break for Eds early on.  

They stripped him before he was down and announcers thought so also.

the return where he stepped out of bounds was hard to tell.

the forward lateral at the goal line was a good call with an official right there.

• Like 1