Ohio Playoffs Round 5 (Championship) Predictions/Discussion

Coletrain06

12 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

I think some Soph will play next year

who was Soph D lineman that played some last night? Big guy 250, he came out of nowhere

yes they have a nice core of 10 or so guys coming back but hard to replace the trio of play makers. Those 3 were tough senior leaders along with Caden Colesar

Not positive about the sophomore DL. Thomas Aden maybe? He's played at OG at times throughout the season, but doubles as a DL as well.  

2 minutes ago, OdbCle said:

Not positive about the sophomore DL. Thomas Aden maybe? He's played at OG at times throughout the season, but doubles as a DL as well.  

I always look for these Sophs playing in games at the varsity level. If they are on the field they are good with a great potential for the years to come.

• Like 1

On a final note, congrats to Colerain.  Didn't raise the trophy, but it was a hell of season and they exercised a lot of playoff demons in getting to the finals.  That was an impressive collection of athletes.  Phillips was an absolute beast. Pace is relentless.  And #1 (Jones?) was a hell of an athlete as well. 

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Same thing you are. Your claiming that Tier 2 Ohio teams would fare well in OOS.  I’m saying your Tier1 teams have had enough trouble recently, but would give some OOS teams a tough out this year

Football is a match up game.  Some teams are going to be fine period.  For however many years the Herbstreit classic took place, I watched Cincinnati's best take on the best from around the whole damn country and hold their own.  Some of the best teams never participated in the Herbstreight but Ohio still held their own.  

1 minute ago, nptb17 said:

Football is a match up game.  Some teams are going to be fine period.  For however many years the Herbstreit classic took place, I watched Cincinnati's best take on the best from around the whole damn country and hold their own.  Some of the best teams never participated in the Herbstreight but Ohio still held their own.  

Which Ohio teams would you send to OOS games next year

50 minutes ago, OdbCle said:

How would everyone rank the Ohio top ten following this season? 

I got it:

1. Hoban

2. St. Edward

3. Colerain

4. Mentor

5. St. Ignatius

6. Massillon

7. Pick Central

8. Hilliard Davidson

9. Winton Woods

10. Elder (with a healthy Bittner)

Was going to post something about this. I've been too busy since the game, but was going to post a post game analysis also. Probably tonight or tomorrow.

My top 8 would be identical and in the same order.....but I'd say

9. Hilliard Bradley

10. Winton Woods

40 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Iggy Toomy Eichenberg de-commits from BC and commits to tOSU 

4 star MLB good pick up and Ryan Days first 😀

Huge pickup for Osu. I know it won't happen because of his size, but would love to see Osu offer Ivan Pace Jr........that would be one hell of a LB corps if Pace and Eichenberg were on the same defense. 

8 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Huge pickup for Osu. I know it won't happen because of his size, but would love to see Osu offer Ivan Pace Jr........that would be one hell of a LB corps if Pace and Eichenberg were on the same defense. 

I would love to see them take a chance on Pace. Sometimes you have to take a gamble and he looks the part. A complete game changer.

Coletrain, they list him at 6’ 220. Is he a true 6’?

i know OSU likes the 6’3”- 6’4” guys like Stover and Eichenberg 

32 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

I would love to see them take a chance on Pace. Sometimes you have to take a gamble and he looks the part. A complete game changer.

Coletrain, they list him at 6’ 220. Is he a true 6’?

i know OSU likes the 6’3”- 6’4” guys like Stover and Eichenberg 

6' is probably fair.

Eichenberg and stover are phenomenal athletes tho. I was a big fan of Eichenberg all year.