What happened to Miami Central last night?

RedZone

14 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

They get to do that in the last game of the season by beating San Ramon/Antelope Valley/Deermeat Central

Well it’s easy to say “get to” play #1 when you don’t play anyone with 4 TDs of that team.  It may not seem like such a privilege later 

DLS hasn’t played SRV in playoffs for years ; has never once played antelope valley, and I’ve never heard of deer meat central 

CQ actually did play Etowah in playoffs this year which isn’t nearly as good as DLS’s worst playoff opponent Pittsburg, even though you think they’re always “maybe” a top 100 team 

42 minutes ago, Pops said:

Well it’s easy to say “get to” play #1 when you don’t play anyone with 4 TDs of that team.  It may not seem like such a privilege later 

DLS hasn’t played SRV in playoffs for years ; has never once played antelope valley, and I’ve never heard of deer meat central 

CQ actually did play Etowah in playoffs this year which isn’t nearly as good as DLS’s worst playoff opponent Pittsburg, even though you think they’re always “maybe” a top 100 team 

CQ has to play 5 playoff games.

Not 2.

36 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

CQ has to play 5 playoff games.

Not 2.

I know that 

I’m saying things don’t normally start getting nationally relevant until quarters ir semis so # of relevant games about the same 

and DLS has played a higher ranked team in SBG (going into game) every year since ‘07

who cares about CQ b Etowah or the fact that NCS eliminates DLS v Granada irrelevant games 

if we were to generalize, I’d ask what’s tougher — beating #64 and #54 (CQ’s next 2 games) or #67 and #1. (DLS’s next 2 games) — the precious games shouldn’t matter for either if they’re lefitntop 10 teams (which I believe they both are)

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

I know that 

I’m saying things don’t normally start getting nationally relevant until quarters ir semis so # of relevant games about the same 

and DLS has played a higher ranked team in SBG (going into game) every year since ‘07

who cares about CQ b Etowah or the fact that NCS eliminates DLS v Granada irrelevant games 

if we were to generalize, I’d ask what’s tougher — beating #64 and #54 (CQ’s next 2 games) or #67 and #1. (DLS’s next 2 games) — the precious games shouldn’t matter for either if they’re lefitntop 10 teams (which I believe they both are)

I think Milton beats Lowndes, and that should send Milton up quite a bit. You cant really look at stuff like you are. 

Those teams are #64 & #54 because of where they play. Move the top 100 teams into random states & their rankings completely change... Its not like they are exactly #64 and no better or no worse.

Beating Archer & Milton is a bitch. Those 2 both have OOS wins... Its unfortunate Archers wasnt a better team... Spartanburg just wasnt as good this year as they normally are. Milton has a 42-17 win over Cardinal Gibbons FL. Who everyone slept on after they lost to Miami Central & Milton but CG just crushed AHP last night... Crushed. 

My point is these teams left in GA are capable of beating almost anyone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pops said:

And DLS benefits from getting to skip those first two rounds and not be forced to play law rated opponents, thus dragging down their power rating.

Yet another built-in advantage that DLS has in the algorithms.

2 hours ago, Goldmember said:

And DLS benefits from getting to skip those first two rounds and not be forced to play law rated opponents, thus dragging down their power rating.

Yet another built-in advantage that DLS has in the algorithms.

Ok

hadn't really ever thought about that 

maybe/ maybe not — not sure how much it makes a difference to add a couple of lower rated opponents tona 13 game schedule 

I don’t think either CIF or DLS has that motive or have even had that thought 

I’ve never denied that I appreciate the fact DLS very likely to have a top 10 opponent at end of season to boost their perception anywhere — probably helps at CP

it hurts in the human polls tonhave your meatier games later — FL, LA, and MS all have MNCs this decade becaus they got a team tontop early (thru roster and/ an aug/ sep win) then skated thru playoffs rarely playing teams in top 1,000

certsin things about the landscape just are

with no nefarious motives 

9 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

No the garbage in overrated California can't finish. You have 2 teams with 2 dozen transfers battling for a recruited paid for championship. 

Mater Dei and SJB don't show any strength for the state. They just prove they can compete nationally if they poach all the players worth a damn in the area. 

St John Bosco had their lowest offensive output against 3 loss STA since Miami Monsignor Pace crushed them 33-7. 

SJB finished number 2 in Cali while STA couldn't even crack our top 10. 

Who the fuck is finishing over in Cali? Damn sure ain't SJB. Northern Cali doesn't even start the season until the finals its so trash. 

Hawaii beat your Los Angeles city champ by 40 points. Some Colorado team beat Trinity League Santa Margarita. 

California is overrated as hell, trending down and the recruited all star teams can't get out of each other's way 

Someone has been eating sour grapes.  What happened to your Marina prognosis. 

24 minutes ago, Pops said:

Ok

hadn't really ever thought about that 

maybe/ maybe not — not sure how much it makes a difference to add a couple of lower rated opponents tona 13 game schedule

It does make a difference.

For instance, last week you were attempting to troll STA when you said that they had dropped in calpreps due to one of their opponents losing (I think it was Central).

But that was wrong.

The biggest reason for the drop was STA being forced to play South Miami who had a 12.5 rating. Since calpreps caps MOV at 30 points, they were guaranteed to drop simply by playing the game.

This is from the calpreps site:

In other words, in cases where it appears a team is taking a hit to their rating simply because they played a very weak team...the hit indeed exists (and it's important that it does because we strongly believe in strength of schedule) but it is not as large as it appears at first glance.

51 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

It does make a difference.

For instance, last week you were attempting to troll STA when you said that they had dropped in calpreps due to one of their opponents losing (I think it was Central).

But that was wrong.

The biggest reason for the drop was STA being forced to play South Miami who had a 12.5 rating. Since calpreps caps MOV at 30 points, they were guaranteed to drop simply by playing the game.

This is from the calpreps site:

In other words, in cases where it appears a team is taking a hit to their rating simply because they played a very weak team...the hit indeed exists (and it's important that it does because we strongly believe in strength of schedule) but it is not as large as it appears at first glance.

Ok

i have no beef with your assertions and can empathize — DLS usually has trouble staying in the top 10 of the stare during league play, especially if pre League wasn’t great 

I was more busting your chops in reaction to whatever thing you were were pestering me about than trying to explain CP to you