Congratulations Cedar Hill and Westlake (Austin)

Las Vegas_JC

34 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Wow LT must be really improved off last year (saw them once in final) - because 34 seems kinda high especially if NS can consistently pick up first downs on offense. Their defense is athletic and good at group tackling - four-five touchdowns will be a lot on them in a 48 minute game 

They will struggle scoring on LT like they did last year vs westlake, unless they incorporate some passing game,codes to have to be much but they'll have to make LT respect the pass.  It will come down to having the defense on the field a lot and wearing down in the second half.

here is a clip of LT vs smithson valley a few weeks back.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

They will struggle scoring on LT like they did last year vs westlake, unless they incorporate some passing game, it doesn't have to be much but they'll have to make LT respect the pass.  It will come down to having the defense on the field a lot and wearing down in the second half.

LT will pull away in the 4th 

here is a clip of LT vs smithson valley a few weeks back.  

Enjoy the wins while you can both are going down in flames this week.

Lake Travis wins regardless of which QB plays for Westlake.

You can't rank teams in Texas based on 3rd round results.  Some regions are just way deeper than others.  6A- Div 1 region 4 is simply not very deep due to the area of the state it includes

12 hours ago, Texasball said:

Enjoy the wins while you can both are going down in flames this week.

Lake Travis wins regardless of which QB plays for Westlake.

You can't rank teams in Texas based on 3rd round results.  Some regions are just way deeper than others.  6A- Div 1 region 4 is simply not very deep due to the area of the state it includes

It's very possible that WL goes down this weekend. But there is no shame in losing to Lake Travis. Allen and LT are the top two teams in D1. I still think that Westlake would beat all of these teams: Atascocita, Round Rock,Cinco Rancho, Cy Ridge, Churchill and Westfield. 

But if Westlake manages to win this game they are a legitimate threat.

Cedar Hill is in for a dog fight. De Soto is no joke. If the Horns win this game and stay healthy they can also go all the way. 

Look guys IMO TX is still the best high school football state. You guys have the best depth, the most passion and a decades long tradition of great football. I believe that FL is a close second. At the end of the year if you put up the best 15 from Texas against any state you would come out on top of that series. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Cedar Hill is in for a dog fight. De Soto is no joke. If the Horns win this game and stay healthy they can also go all the way. 

Cedar Hill-DeSoto was a dog fight the first time. The final score is very misleading. Cedar Hill didn't score on 3 possessions in the RZ, and if they do, that game would've been down the wire(That's why some of these rematches that opposing team wins aren't that much of a surprise)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

It's very possible that WL goes down this weekend. But there is no shame in losing to Lake Travis. Allen and LT are the top two teams in D1. I still think that Westlake would beat all of these teams: Atascocita, Round Rock,Cinco Rancho, Cy Ridge, Churchill and Westfield. 

But if Westlake manages to win this game they are a legitimate threat.

Look guys IMO TX is still the best high school football state. You guys have the best depth, the most passion and a decades long tradition of great football. I believe that FL is a close second. At the end of the year if you put up the best 15 from Texas against any state you would come out on top of that series. 

IMO -

6A - Div 1 remaining games

Lake Travis will handle Westlake in the Regional Final

North Shore will handle Atascocita-  North Shore will beat Lake Travis in the Semi Final  -  The North Shore defense will be the difference

Allen will handle Duncanville -  This will be good game!

The Woodlands will beat Round Rock - This will be another good game.

Allen will beat The Woodlands in semi final

North Shore will beat Allen in the final -  North Shore will get it done with Defense!

If this happens -

6A - Div 2

Desoto will beat Cedar Hill -  This will be close game - Typical CH they get better once the playoffs start

Klein Collins and Westfield will be incredible game -  I don't know who will win this game - It's too close to call -

The Winner above will lose very close game vs Desoto in the semi final - Desoto will finally play for state championship

Cy Ridge will beat Cinco Ranch 

Steele will beat Churchill 

Steele will beat Cy Ridge

I will take Steele to win close game vs Desoto in the final. 

Manvel 5A should be considered the best team in the state if all this happens and if Manvel wins out.

If Manvel vs Denton Ryan in the final of Class 5A D-1 - will be big time football game-  The quality of this game will be equal to the top brackets in any state including Texas

There are several teams in Class 5A that would be extremely good 6A teams

Manvel, Denton Ryan, Mansfield Lagacy, Lancaster, Aledo, Highland Park, Foster 

I am really looking forward to Aledo vs Lancaster if they both win this week -  Aledo win should again prove that they are one of the best teams in the state. - Top 15 100% sure!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Texasball said:

IMO -

6A - Div 1 remaining games

Lake Travis will handle Westlake in the Regional Final

North Shore will handle Atascocita-  North Shore will beat Lake Travis in the Semi Final  -  The North Shore defense will be the difference

Allen will handle Duncanville -  This will be good game!

The Woodlands will beat Round Rock - This will be another good game.

Allen will beat The Woodlands in semi final

North Shore will beat Allen in the final -  North Shore will get it done with Defense!

If this happens -

6A - Div 2

Desoto will beat Cedar Hill -  This will be close game - Typical CH they get better once the playoffs start

Klein Collins and Westfield will be incredible game -  I don't know who will win this game - It's too close to call -

The Winner above will lose very close game vs Desoto in the semi final - Desoto will finally play for state championship

Cy Ridge will beat Cinco Ranch 

Steele will beat Churchill 

Steele will beat Cy Ridge

I will take Steele to win close game vs Desoto in the final. 

Manvel 5A should be considered the best team in the state if all this happens and if Manvel wins out.

If Manvel vs Denton Ryan in the final of Class 5A D-1 - will be big time football game-  The quality of this game will be equal to the top brackets in any state including Texas

There are several teams in Class 5A that would be extremely good 6A teams

Manvel, Denton Ryan, Mansfield Lagacy, Lancaster, Aledo, Highland Park, Foster 

I am really looking forward to Aledo vs Lancaster if they both win this week -  Aledo win should again prove that they are one of the best teams in the state. - Top 15 100% sure!!!

LT has a defense too, you know. I think Horsefly is right, LT beats NS 34-17. They haven't seen a passing attack like LT all year. And LT is playing sound defense. 

3 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

LT has a defense too, you know. I think Horsefly is right, LT beats NS 34-17. They haven't seen a passing attack like LT all year. And LT is playing sound defense. 

Judson put up 28, Steele went for 56. It's very plausible that North Shore cracks four scores as well, especially if their defense sets them up like the Katy game.

Time will tel  

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

Judson put up 28, Steele went for 56. It's very plausible that North Shore cracks four scores as well, especially if their defense sets them up like the Katy game.

Time will tel  

FYI LTs defense has improved dramatically since then. Fundamentally and statistically. I didn't expect you to know that, but anyone who was kept up with LT throughout the year would agree with me. LT defense will be tested again this week. 

So there's that. 

Just now, ChimpGrip said:

FYI LTs defense has improved dramatically since then. Fundamentally and statistically. I didn't expect you to know that, but anyone who was kept up with LT throughout the year would agree with me. LT defense will be tested again this week. 

So there's that. 

I've kept up with Texas football consistently all season as I have done previously the last few years. There's a reason I get more Pick Em games right than most people, it's because I invest more time in checking out the country's best. 

Lake Travis defense surely improved, it's  hard not to get better after three months of practicing and playing games. 

You can also say that LT gave up 84 points to the best two teams they played this season  (I guess Westlake can be viewed as better than Judson considering they just squeaked by them in OT, but Westlake QB was coming off a bad injury and not the same as he was in opener against Katy) 

so yeah, there is that  

Lake Travis had way more hype last season and Katy dominated them. This is one of those "wait and see" approaches. It's easy to say they'd run North Shore off by three touchdowns until it's time to do it. 

Westlake game this week doesn't mean much because according to you Texans, they're not even a top 15 team in state. (Two of your posters confirmed that)

Ring or bust. 

3 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I've kept up with Texas football consistently all season as I have done previously the last few years. There's a reason I get more Pick Em games right than most people, it's because I invest more time in checking out the country's best. 

Lake Travis defense surely improved, it's  hard not to get better after three months of practicing and playing games. 

You can also say that LT gave up 84 points to the best two teams they played this season  (I guess Westlake can be viewed as better than Judson considering they just squeaked by them in OT, but Westlake QB was coming off a bad injury and not the same as he was in opener against Katy) 

so yeah, there is that  

You winning in pick ems means nothing to me. But, like you said...

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

so yeah, there is that  

Oh snap!!! He's a moderator now. Be careful. lol!!

• Like 1

Pre game comments from Coach Dodge "I’ve done some research, and Liberty is a lot like us. They’re a quality program, they’re a public school about our size, and it will be a good test for us.”

And post game from Coach Dodge "Liberty deserved the win tonight. On this field, for three and a half hours, they were better than we were."

Stand up guy!

• Like 2

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I love it when out of state experts educate you about your own states HSFB. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Pretty sure had nv not played in TX this year we would not hear a peep.  Its ok.  He knows the day of reckoning is only a few days away. MD passes gorman.  Been reading that some polls say all it takes is MD beating SJB for a second time this season for MD to pass bishop.  So its written so it shall be done. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

previously

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I love it when out of state experts educate you about your own states HSFB. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Pretty sure had nv not played in TX this year we would not hear a peep.  Its ok.  He knows the day of reckoning is only a few days away. MD passes gorman.  Been reading that some polls say all it takes is MD beating SJB for a second time this season for MD to pass bishop.  So its written so it shall be done. 

Not sure where you read that outside of CaliNewspaper.com... but that will surely ring false.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Payaso

I have been following HSFB at the national level for more than 15 years. Long before Gorman became the Best of the West!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Cedar Hill-DeSoto was a dog fight the first time. The final score is very misleading. Cedar Hill didn't score on 3 possessions in the RZ, and if they do, that game would've been down the wire(That's why some of these rematches that opposing team wins aren't that much of a surprise)

Desoto led by double digits most of the game, at HT it was 26-10 and at one point in the 3d it was 33-10.  thats not a dogfight 

watching the game chill didn't convert in the RZ bc they had a weak run game. 

Cedar hill wins this time around bc their run defense and OL run blocking has improved.

23 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Desoto led by double digits most of the game, at HT it was 26-10 and at one point in the 3d it was 33-10.  thats not a dogfight 

Cedar hill wins this time around bc their run defense and OL run blocking has improved.

It's funny how the Bishop Gorman/CHILL score was 17-14 with 5 mins left in the 3rd Qtr and the Desoto score was 33-10 in the 3rd Qtr, yet the Bishop Gorman game was "never close" to most haters of TXHSFB. As to your prediction of CHILL beating Desoto, that very well may be the case. It took the entire season to grow up. CHILL is playing at an outstanding level. Desoto's defense is giving me doubts, all of the sudden. If they play CHILL the way they played Abilene, CHILL wins by 10-14 points. If they play to their potential, Desoto could win by 7-10 points regardless of what CHILL does. Either way, I expect a very tight game.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, SumDude said:

It's funny how the Bishop Gorman/CHILL score was 17-14 with 5 mins left in the 3rd Qtr and the Desoto score was 33-10 in the 3rd Qtr, yet the Bishop Gorman game was "never close" to most haters of TXHSFB. As to your prediction of CHILL beating Desoto, that very well may be the case. It took the entire season to grow up. CHILL is playing at an outstanding level. Desoto's defense is giving me doubts, all of the sudden. If they play CHILL the way they played Abilene, CHILL wins by 10-14 points. If they play to their potential, Desoto could win by 7-10 points regardless of what CHILL does. Either way, I expect a very tight game.

Agree with all u said.  I don't think desoto has played to their potential yet, at least the three games I saw. Maybe the Abilene game was a wake up call.

52 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Thats really not that big of a deficit for CHill. How badly was Mansfield beating them earlier this season and they came back to win? Nobody was counting CHill out.  

And now you say CHill wins due to improving in this & that... so if they dont win, well "we told yall they werent that good", but if they win its "we told yall theyd improved". Thats pretty much the line in every situation like this.

51 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Thats really not that big of a deficit for CHill. How badly was Mansfield beating them earlier this season and they came back to win? Nobody was counting CHill out.  

And now you say CHill wins due to improving in this & that... so if they dont win, well "we told yall they werent that good", but if they win its "we told yall theyd improved". Thats pretty much the line in every situation like this.

If they win they win, if they lose they lose.  Stop trying to create false narratives out of outcomes of games.  Desoto is very capable of beating them, so if they win its far from an upset.  I never said chill wasn't that good, I said they are probably top 10.  

it is a big deficit for chill if they are playing a team that they can't stop from scoring.  They would struggle under that circumstance vs a team with a well balanced offense.  Mansfield and guyer are all run heavy.  If they fall behind desoto by 14-21 points it's a wrap!

• Like 1