Congratulations Cedar Hill and Westlake (Austin)

Las Vegas_JC

1 hour ago, SumDude said:

Las Vegas is still trying to give merit to a national recruiting machine beating a DFW public school and their #1 public school beating Westlake (a non-Top 15 Texas school), who will be (once again) destroyed by LT. Kinda pathetic! 

Westlake isn't a top 15 team? Umm Alrighty. . List the 15 better ... 

7 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

They don't have a lot of wiggle room left.

There are 246 teams in 6A.

Only 16 teams remain.

Westlake and Cedar Hill are among those 16. 

If you actually read what most have posted when we were on the other site,  many stated cedar hill and westlake wouldn't be challenged until the regional finals.  Several told you that lake travis would kick westlake's a$$ the first time if Ehlinger didn't play...That's exactly what happened.

there is no need to wiggle out of anything, cedar hill and westlake have been top 25 teams, where they rank inside is debatable, Liberty didn't play westlake with Ehlinger anyways, so why do you care how well they do now that he's healthy?  Kinda a backdoor way of riding their coattail.  But regardless, they won't win this week vs lake travis. 

CHill & Westlake are top 15 teams in Texas. The Texans denying that look foolish honestly. 

Westlake didnt have their QB, Ehlinger, at the time of the Liberty game so itd hard to hold that game against them... but to say they arent top 15 is being dishonest and simply trying to save face.

The only team thats beaten them is a Top 3 TX team, Lake Travis.

If those teams, especially CHill, hadnt lost OOS you all know damn well theyd be on the Top 15... CHill in the top 5.

CHill has beaten everyone but TX #2 DeSoto, by 14... and they get another shot this week. If they beat DeSoto anyone denying them Top 3 status in TX themselves is lying.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

CHill & Westlake are top 15 teams in Texas. The Texans denying that look foolish honestly. 

Westlake didnt have their QB, Ehlinger, at the time of the Liberty game so itd hard to hold that game against them... but to say they arent top 15 is being dishonest and simply trying to save face.

The only team thats beaten them is a Top 3 TX team, Lake Travis.

Westlake is not much better than judson, proof on the football field.

I already provided a list of teams that could be better than WL, smithson valley is another that is right on their level.  The only reason s,it'sHonestly valley isn't playing in the regionals is they ran into lake travis in rd 2.  There are a handful of WLs in the state.

However,  Cedar hill is very much top 10 material

45 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Westlake isn't a top 15 team? Umm Alrighty. . List the 15 better ... 

Allen 

Woodlands

Desoto

Smithson valley

Steele

Cedar hill

Lake travis

Manvel

Ryan

Klein collins

North shore

SAC

Abilene

Cedar ridge

Westfield (very dangerous team now they are clicking on all cylinders...early losses to lamar, ET and north shore)

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Allen 

Woodlands

Desoto

Smithson valley

Steele

Cedar hill

Lake travis

Manvel

Ryan

Klein collins

North shore

SAC

Abilene

Cedar ridge

Westfield (very dangerous team now they are clicking on all cylinders...early losses to lamar, ET and north shore)

I'm sure the great folks of Austin disagree with you. 

24 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I'm sure the great folks of Austin disagree with you. 

They can disagree all they want.  Im not even sure they could beat katy again in a rematch and katy is not in my top 15.  There are a handful of good teams on WL level, they are solid but nothing spectacular.  didnt mention SLC nor ET (depending on which team showed up)  neither of these teams would I  easily favor WL.

every team I listed had a good season and is/was pretty good in their own right.

the only reason we are talking up WL on this site is bc they played an OOS team.  Had they not they would have been written off once they got their butts kicked by LT the first time and people would be laughing at us Texans using them as a barometer for texas depth.  LOL

55 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

They don't have a lot of wiggle room left.

There are 246 teams in 6A.

Only 16 teams remain.

Westlake and Cedar Hill are among those 16. 

You have this bizarre obsession with where Cedar Hill is ranked every week. We understand you feel if they win the title it would boost Gormans stock. Tell you what Gorman is probably the best team in the nation whether Cedar Hill wins it all or had lost in round 2 to Guyer (which they almost did).

Some people put WAY too much importance on future results of other teams games. People should be smart enough to know how good Gorman is whether Cedar Hill turns out to be #1, #8 or #15. Bottom line they're a very good team!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Allen 

Woodlands

Desoto

Smithson valley

Steele

Cedar hill

Lake travis

Manvel

Ryan

Klein collins

North shore

SAC

Abilene

Cedar ridge

Youre just naming random teams of which Westlake could easily be better than all. It is beneath you all to try to downplay Westlake.

Theres 7 teams on that list you could say are better than Westlake... the rest is just wishful thinking on your part.

10 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Youre just naming random teams of which Westlake could easily be better than all. It is beneath you all to try to downplay Westlake.

Theres 7 teams on that list you could say are better than Westlake... the rest is just wishful thinking on your part.

I've seen all those teams play, nothing wishful about it. 11 of those teams are still in the playoffs!   They are all capable of beating westlake.  

The only reason you all are talking westlake is bc it's the only team you know anything about as they were placed in the spotlight vs OOS.  

the only top 5 texas team WL has played this season they lost 49-7. They are solid but nothing to cement a top 15 ranking.

18 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

I think we can just all agree Westlake is a good, well-coached team. Where they may rank is meaningless if they beat LT and go all the way. 

Just enjoy the playoffs and hope for some good games. Remember, only 3 weeks left of TXHSFB until August 2017.

WL simply doesn't match up well with LT. LT is just as well coached, if not better, and disciplined but they have better athletes at almost every position.  WL will have to have LT overlook them and play a bad game to pull out the win.

i suspect though LT will be very focused and determined to beat the crap outta Ehlinger

I know it's funny Cedar Hill has played 1 top 5 team in State and got smoked.  They have a rematch it is a rivalry game.  Now Compare the good teams they played that played other top 5 teams and watch.  Cedar Hill is no doubt a top 10 team in Texas but they have struggled and gotten better as they should.  

Cedar Hill 42 Mansfield 41 1 Week after BG.  Playoffs Cedar Hill 56 Mansfield 28   Same 2 teams.  You can't judge teams on what happened in Week 1. Look no further than ECA, La. 

Desoto 33 - Cedar Hill 18  Desoto top 5 team

Cedar Hill 54 Duncanville 50  Dville same district will play Allen

Desoto 41 Duncanvile 17  See the pattern. 

What I am pointing out is in Texas you have no idea who the real top 10 teams are. It is the luck of the draw of the playoffs.  

Cedar Hill, Duncanville and Desoto are from the same district and all 3 made the regional finals.   

Westlake beat Katy with their QB, played the other good team they met without him tough Liberty and when meeting a top 5 Texas team they got smoked.

The Texas Top 15.  I never rank teams. I live here see more of them live than most.  I will assure you this is just as legit as anyone else.

Allen

Desoto

Lake Travis 

The Woodlands 

San Angelo Central

Manvel (5A)

North Shore 

Steele

Atascocita

Cedar Hill

SLC (lost to Desoto and Tulsa Union) both likely to win State and battled both. 

Klein Collins

Houston Lamar

Katy

Sachse 

Westfield arguable @ 16 for reference. 

Now argue about these. I will assure you they all could beat Westlake as well as lose to them. And neither them or Westlake are in my top 15. 

Westlake, Trinity, Churchill, Cypress Ridge, John Tyler, Denton Ryan, Aledo and Judson. 

27 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

WL simply doesn't match up well with LT. LT is just as well coached, if not better, and disciplined but they have better athletes at almost every position.  WL will have to have LT overlook them and play a bad game to pull out the win.

i suspect though LT will be very focused and determined to beat the crap outta Ehlinger

The only two teams that are left that scare me are Allen and North Shore. 

Should LT face Astascocita, The Woodlands, or anyone else along the way, I am confident (or even supremely confident in some cases) that LT would blow them up. 

How would you see a LT vs NS/Allen game going? 

For what it's worth, I predict North Shore will be upset this week because it's a rematch game (a game which NS won 31-21).

15 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

The only two teams that are left that scare me are Allen and North Shore. 

Should LT face Astascocita, The Woodlands, or anyone else along the way, I am confident (or even supremely confident in some cases) that LT would blow them up. 

How would you see a LT vs NS/Allen game going? 

For what it's worth, I predict North Shore will be upset this week because it's a rematch game (a game which NS won 31-21).

North shore has a stout defense but they are one dimensional offensively. That would be a problem for them vs LT.  Allen surprised me last week, they did it all.  Ran and passed well and they have a tremendous FG kicker.  Woodlands is similar to allen in they are well balanced but their defense may not be as good as Allen's.

northshore will beat Atascocita, they should have lost to lamar last week.

It's cool to get upbeat that an OOS team will beat a Texas Big School champ and the #1 Team in Texas.  That has only happened once in the history of Texas and that would be the year ECA, La beat Lufkin who most thought was the best in Texas as they won the 5A DIV II champ becoming the only big school champ to lose OOS and not lose a game in State during the same year.  West Monroe beat Midland Lee who also lost in State 27 - 17 to Odessa High and Katy was the #1 team in State.  Marshall in 1990 lost to Monroe Neville 21-14 Away and lost to Waco Loss 36-7 Away.  Alidine was the best team in Texas in 1990 and was 5A DIV II Champs.  It is rare to beat a Team that wins State here 

BTW beat Cedar Hill a few years back who got smoked by Allen and Desoto and lost to Katy in State.  MNW beat SLC who lost in 2nd round of playoffs.  

It is rare I know you would love for it to happen but the chances are slim as heck.  Meanwhile Texas has a list of OOS champs on the Wall. A long List as well as Runner ups. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

North shore has a stout defense but they are one dimensional offensively. That would be a problem for them vs LT.  Allen surprised me last week, they did it all.  Ran and passed well and they have a tremendous FG kicker.  Woodlands is similar to allen in they are well balanced but their defense may not be as good as Allen's.

northshore will beat Atascocita, they should have lost to lamar last week.

What is NS primarily good at on offense? And how big & physical is their OL? How would you rate their OL?

8 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I see a 34-17 type game bw LT and north shore.

Wow LT must be really improved off last year (saw them once in final) - because 34 seems kinda high especially if NS can consistently pick up first downs on offense. Their defense is athletic and good at group tackling - four-five touchdowns will be a lot on them in a 48 minute game