The "SHIP" SJB vs MD Second round

eddiev

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Its obvious the SJC, DeMatha and Gonzaga are all on the same Tier......just which one tho??????????

I really like that league.  Very tough and competitive.  Also who well in OOS.  Most improved football area of the country over the past 3 years.

I think most people in the DMV would agree that SJC would beat the others 7 or 8 out of ten. Gonzaga was the fourth seed after losing to DeM, GC and SJC (badly) in the regular season but they came up big in the rematches (which should give you hope vs SJB). In addition to beating their three league rivals they also beat MC, Hoover and CHristian Bros who are possibly the best teams in Florida, Alabama and Missouri. I think the schedule took its toll and depth became an issue as they played without 4 key starters in the playoff game (no excuse - still should have won).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, On2whls said:

I think most guys get that SJB was much improved after inserting DJ.   But what does it say about SJB’s accomplishment the year prior with RM?  Was it the kid or the comp?  

It was the beyond crazy superior line SJB had the year before.  It let him do whatever he wanted to.  Run, pass whatever.  

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Great Article! Thanks for posting!.... I think MD will play much better this time, they have something to prove.... I am not saying that Bosco isn't better, I just don't think they are 30 points better or whatever the score was before...🙂...

They are Both hands down the Best Teams I have seen play this year! and I think it is really cool they play a Winner Take All Game!!!.... Looking forward to a great game!

1 minute ago, THEOC89 said:

Great Article! Thanks for posting!.... I think MD will play much better this time, they have something to prove.... I am not saying that Bosco isn't better, I just don't think they are 30 points better or whatever the score was before...🙂...

They are Both hands down the Best Teams I have seen play this year! and I think it is really cool they play a Winner Take All Game!!!.... Looking forward to a great game!

I said after the game that SJB played a "perfect" game.  Rollo said the same in this article.  With that said though, unless MD can stop SJB run game on first and second down, the result will be the same tomorrow night.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

https://www.presstelegram.com/2018/11/21/st-john-bosco-expects-to-face-a-different-mater-dei-team-in-championship-game-rematch/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Here is another one 

I’m writing this a little late, but regarding the Re-al Mitchell/DJ situation in 2017. The QB1 series, season 2, had Re-al as one of the featured Qb’s. I don’t know how much we can take from this show, but it appears that coaches gave Re-al every possible chance to keep his starting role until SJC game. It was very uncomfortable watching the situation unfold. Fake injury? Overzealous parents that could not accept that DJ was far better for the team. Then Re-al’s dad finally tells him after a game, “that’s it we are yanking you”. I felt bad for Re-al throughout the series. Instead of utilizing him in a slot position for the better of ther team. Dad insisted on taking him off team. To bad he couldn’t accept that his son was being replaced by one of the best qb prospects around.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

It’s not on the app as it will be televised on Fox west. If you have optimum in NJ it’s channel 251.

I was planning on watching on fox sports go app like I’ve watched the other playoff games in so cal. 

Ill check soon ... hopefully will be on there. 

1 minute ago, Eddyr2 said:

Today was one of those three games...

I thought the same before this game, but now think they are even... If they played 10 Times I think it would be 5-5 and their may be a blow out or 2... :) 

Great Game Tonight, Very high level Football by both teams!... Those Defenses are nasty!!!!...🙂