The "SHIP" SJB vs MD Second round

eddiev

On 11/19/2018 at 7:43 AM, eddiev said:

Who wins and why?

Gotta go with the hot hand in SJB.  MD offense is their biggest worry right now.  Not much to speak of against CEN10.  If they could not get going against them, who yes are a great teams, top public many years in the nation and always in Cali, then I can't imagine them doing any better against SJB.  Can't wait for the battle tho. 

On 11/19/2018 at 9:28 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

Agree. SJB is the clear #1 this season. 

What sucks is that the Trinity and WCAC teams will no longer be permitted to play each other in OOS games due to the new, idiotic "IMG Rule" Cali just passed. Because the WCAC schools don't participate in their state playoffs, they're wrongly lumped in with IMG. SJB and MD may never lose an OOS game ever again now!! Smh 

I thought it was only for schools who do not participate in playoffs?  Either way the CIF is not known for ever being smart.  

On 11/19/2018 at 9:56 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

We'll see. In attempting to setup a triple header in 2019 between the top 3 teams in each conference, I've already been alerted by at least one official that the IMG Rule would prohibit such an event. 

That's some bullshit if it applys to them.  Why have the top schools in the nation and not be able to "show" them off against the best that there is?  Just stupid. 

17 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

I Think either STA or SJC are ideal.

Maybe one of those home and one away? That would be great for us fans. 

I expect Negro to schedule as aggressively as possible with the quarterback in his SR year. 

Might even go for back to back natties if they beat MD this wknd? 

So that would be 3 national titles in 7 years including 18 and 19. 

Earned titles too.... 

He may be aggressive, but how many OOS teams will be receptive is the problem.  I believe that is why SJB had such a shitty pre-season schedule this year. 

3 hours ago, eddiev said:

It's not an issue buddy. I went to Bosco many years ago. I just used it in the title because I read it in their tweet. No Big deal.

But on the real issue of this thread.  First off I wish your team good luck . They look very strong and have all year. Also, although I am Bosco alumni I will support any school that can represent SoCal for a shot at the MNC. So since Mater Dei and SJB have been representing SoCal so well in recent years I hope for both teams to win because it help their strength of schedule even if they play each other twice a year. What people seem to not realize is those two schools are puliing from basically the same region and this goes to show the best players come from said region.

So with that said, who do you think wins and why?

Good luck Friday. 

You must be from Cali, most likely somewhere along the coast, since your post was very respectful and level headed.  Well said.  However, enough with that.  We want shit talking going on. 

3 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

You must be from Cali, most likely somewhere along the coast, since your post was very respectful and level headed.  Well said.  However, enough with that.  We want shit talking going on. 

Thank you for the compliment. I am from the coast. I'm also a pretty well grounded individual. Martial arts has helped with that over the last twenty years and I enjoy instructing it as well. The only reason I started this thread is because I wanted to see this game in other people's perspective not to talk shit. If people just stick to the threads subject all is good. But I will say if someone wants to hijack the thread with Folsom bs then it might change my tune a little. Again I appreciate your input. Hope you enjoy the game.

5 hours ago, 954gator said:

They were held to 3 points in a certain game. 

How could I forget that 9-3 OT loss to STA to open the 2017 season? I watched it...lol. So in the last two seasons only STA, SJC and MD twice (all in 2017) have held SJB to less than 31 points. And they got 41 against MD this year...seems like their toughest games have been MD and OOS.

1 hour ago, WCACguy said:

How could I forget that 9-3 OT loss to STA to open the 2017 season? I watched it...lol. So in the last two seasons only STA, SJC and MD twice (all in 2017) have held SJB to less than 31 points. And they got 41 against MD this year...seems like their toughest games have been MD and OOS.

He forgets to leave out the part where Dj was not the QB against STA and SJC saw what happened once DJ finally was put into the game and has been the starter ever since. 

1 hour ago, WCACguy said:

How good do you think the WAC teams would do in the CIF SS D1?

24 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

He forgets to leave out the part where Dj was not the QB against STA and SJC saw what happened once DJ finally was put into the game and has been the starter ever since. 

Wait until he responds that Re-al Mitchell led SJB to a state title in 2016 as a Junior. Wait until he also forgets to consider that Mitchell and SJB started being successful in 2016 only because they developed an all-world, run-blocking offensive line after moving Wyatt Davis from Tackle to Guard after the loss to Mater Dei in October and didn't have the luxury of being one-dimensional in 2017 because, while their O-Line was good, it wasn't good enough to beat elite teams with a one-dimensional offense (like it was in the 2nd half of 2016). DJ replacing Mitchell made SJB instantly better, just not enough to beat that all-world 2017 MD team.

• Like 2

Just now, dntn31 said:

Wait until he responds that Re-al Mitchell led SJB to a state title in 2016 as a Junior. Wait until he also forgets to consider that Mitchell and SJB started being successful in 2016 only because they developed an all-world, run-blocking offensive line after moving Wyatt Davis from Tackle to Guard after the loss to Mater Dei in October and didn't have the luxury of being one-dimensional in 2017 because, while their O-Line was good, it wasn't good enough to beat elite teams with a one-dimensional offense (like it was in the 2nd half of 2016). DJ replacing Mitchell made SJB instantly, just not enough to beat that all-world 2017 MD team.

He also forgot that Re-al desided to become a pocket passer after trent dilfer humbled him at the Elite11. If Re-al tried to be a dual threat qb in 2017 they would have done much better vs STA.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

I think most guys get that SJB was much improved after inserting DJ.   But what does it say about SJB’s accomplishment the year prior with RM?  Was it the kid or the comp?  

54 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

He also forgot that Re-al desided to become a pocket passer after trent dilfer humbled him at the Elite11. If Re-al tried to be a dual threat qb in 2017 they would have done much better vs STA.

Wasn’t Trent Dilfer basically the football equivalent of a one hit wonder, and benefitted from playing on a team with a nasty defense?  Not sure I would take his QB’ing advice over say, Ryan Leaf.

I didn’t see RM’s performance vs STA, but he hurt Cen10 the prior year more with his legs than through the air.  

So,  is the official explanation that RM was taking the advice of Dilfer against his coach????

1 minute ago, On2whls said:

Wasn’t Trent Dilfer basically the football equivalent of a one hit wonder, and benefitted from playing on a team with a nasty defense?  Not sure I would take his QB’ing advice over say, Ryan Leaf.

I didn’t see RM’s performance vs STA, but he hurt Cen10 the prior year more with his legs than through the air.  

So,  is the official explanation that RM was taking the advice of Dilfer against his coach????

Dilfer runs the elite now and gets into alot of kids ear. Not sure why he is so hard on Bosco QB's (him and the Chosen One had issues in the past) but word is once Re-al got back from the E11 he wanted to become more of a pocket passer so he could play in the NFL...

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Bad coaching? DJ was a stud who should have been there from the start...Re-al was a super athlete but not a great QB. I felt MD and SJB were the two best in the country last year. I think SJB is the best this year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Wait until he responds that Re-al Mitchell led SJB to a state title in 2016 as a Junior. Wait until he also forgets to consider that Mitchell and SJB started being successful in 2016 only because they developed an all-world, run-blocking offensive line after moving Wyatt Davis from Tackle to Guard after the loss to Mater Dei in October and didn't have the luxury of being one-dimensional in 2017 because, while their O-Line was good, it wasn't good enough to beat elite teams with a one-dimensional offense (like it was in the 2nd half of 2016). DJ replacing Mitchell made SJB instantly better, just not enough to beat that #OIAG 2017 MD team.

FIFY

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WCACguy said:

Thanks...I owe you...maybe a little  FIFY with the tiers...😜

Its obvious the SJC, DeMatha and Gonzaga are all on the same Tier......just which one tho??????????

I really like that league.  Very tough and competitive.  Also who well in OOS.  Most improved football area of the country over the past 3 years.

• Like 1