The "SHIP" SJB vs MD Second round

eddiev

11 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SJB and MD may never lose an OOS game ever again now!! Smh 

Are you insinuating that because SJB or MD will not play WCAC schools they will not lose an OOS game? SJB traveling to St Johns last year three weeks after traveling to STA and coming out with a W leads me to believe they can schedule WCAC and still never lose a OOS game again.

10 hours ago, PassingLeagueHero said:

Are you insinuating that because SJB or MD will not play WCAC schools they will not lose an OOS game? SJB traveling to St Johns last year three weeks after traveling to STA and coming out with a W leads me to believe they can schedule WCAC and still never lose a OOS game again.

Trailed by 10 in the 4th quarter...won 21-17...only team to hold them to 21 other than MD (last year) in a while...sounds pretty competitive to me.

Just now, Eddyr2 said:

nope.com...calling it the "ship" isn't a thing out here...never, not once...i have only heard it called, "Title Game", "Chapionship" or most commonly "Finales"

2 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

nope.com...calling it the "ship" isn't a thing out here...never, not once...i have only heard it called, "Title Game", "Chapionship" or most commonly "Finales"

Bosco themselves used it and they are from out there.

Just now, Eddyr2 said:

still not a thing...Just like no one calls it "Pop" down here...

I will agree on the pop issue because I'm originally from Huntington beach. But "The ship has been used several times as well on Fox's broadcast of the games and Gregg biggins 247ports as well as Zack Poff of Maxpreps. 

2 minutes ago, eddiev said:

I will agree on the pop issue because I'm originally from Huntington beach. But "The ship has been used several times as well on Fox's broadcast of the games and Gregg biggins 247ports as well as Zack Poff of Maxpreps. 

Went to MD in the 90's...play 7v7 back then when it was still called "Passing League"...have been fallowing local SoCal ball since then...never heard anyone call it the ship other then to mock East Coast guys....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Went to MD in the 90's...play 7v7 back then when it was still called "Passing League"...have been fallowing local SoCal ball since then...never heard anyone call it the ship other then to mock East Coast guys....

It's not an issue buddy. I went to Bosco many years ago. I just used it in the title because I read it in their tweet. No Big deal.

But on the real issue of this thread.  First off I wish your team good luck . They look very strong and have all year. Also, although I am Bosco alumni I will support any school that can represent SoCal for a shot at the MNC. So since Mater Dei and SJB have been representing SoCal so well in recent years I hope for both teams to win because it help their strength of schedule even if they play each other twice a year. What people seem to not realize is those two schools are puliing from basically the same region and this goes to show the best players come from said region.

So with that said, who do you think wins and why?

Good luck Friday. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

27 minutes ago, eddiev said:

It's not an issue buddy. I went to Bosco many years ago. I just used it in the title because I read it in their tweet. No Big deal.

But on the real issue of this thread.  First off I wish your team good luck . They look very strong and have all year. Also, although I am Bosco alumni I will support any school that can represent SoCal for a shot at the MNC. So since Mater Dei and SJB have been representing SoCal so well in recent years I hope for both teams to win because it help their strength of schedule even if they play each other twice a year. What people seem to not realize is those two schools are puliing from basically the same region and this goes to show the best players come from said region.

So with that said, who do you think wins and why?

Good luck Friday. 

If Bosco and MD play 10 times Bosco wins 7 of those games...we’ll see if Friday is one of the other 3

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/19/2018 at 7:43 AM, eddiev said:

Who wins and why?

I Feel Like The Monarchs will pull out a close one... I feel like the last time they played MD was feeling pretty good about themselves after beating IMG and they underestimated how good Bosco really is... Plus with the game being postponed by lightning I think MD just came out flat... Plus MD's QB playing Bosco for the first time has got to be a whole different level then what he is used to, other then the one game against IMG....

On the other hand, That was the 1 game on Bosco's Schedule they were waiting for, since no top teams wanted to Schedule SJB this year, and they came out Lazer Focused and Razer sharp and blew MD off the field.... Plus, I would say Bosco has the better, more experienced QB of the 2 teams.

I don't think there is really a big gap between these teams because MD could Blow out Bosco the same way Bosco did them, there is just so much talent on both sides. In my opinion, Bosco may be the better team and may have won anyway but the blow out was due to MD not being ready to play that night for whatever reason.

I see MD out for revenge in this game, they will be focused and play much better then last time, and I think they win a close one... :) 

Good thing for Bosco Fans, I am Terrible at Predicting Games!!!!!.... :) :) 

1 minute ago, THEOC89 said:

I Feel Like The Monarchs will pull out a close one... I feel like the last time they played MD was feeling pretty good about themselves after beating IMG and they underestimated how good Bosco really is... Plus with the game being postponed by lightning I think MD just came out flat... Plus MD's QB playing Bosco for the first time has got to be a whole different level then what he is used to, other then the one game against IMG....

On the other hand, That was the 1 game on Bosco's Schedule they were waiting for, since no top teams wanted to Schedule SJB this year, and they came out Lazer Focused and Razer sharp and blew MD off the field.... Plus, I would say Bosco has the better, more experienced QB of the 2 teams.

I don't think there is really a big gap between these teams because MD could Blow out Bosco the same way Bosco did them, there is just so much talent on both sides. In my opinion, Bosco may be the better team and may have won anyway but the blow out was due to MD not being ready to play that night for whatever reason.

I see MD out for revenge in this game, they will be focused and play much better then last time, and I think they win a close one... :) 

Good thing for Bosco Fans, I am Terrible at Predicting Games!!!!!.... :) :) 

Haha. It is quite possible MD wins on revenge factor but Bosco seems to have kept getting better since the JSerra game. It will definitely be fun to watch. Thanks for the input and enjoy😊

• Thanks 1