Jada pinkett Smith

Mjd33

Just now, Horsefly said:

She never says she verbalizes it. She said she thinks it but then catches herself and rationalizes her thoughts. 

Aside from the fact that she just did...LOL

Certainly you are not suggesting that 'concealed racism' is better than verbalized...or that if you are smart enough to 'catch yourself' that you have solved your own inner racism....that would be bad.

I am more of the opinion that a true understanding of yourself (and fellow man) can relieve the burden of the hair hate, instead of 'catching it' and covering it up....but then again I usually attack the disease ….not the symptoms.  

6 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Sounds like a cliche everyone heard 1000 times. But there will never be a pathway to peace and coexistence with hatred. 

IMG_5100.JPG

Who Shot him in 1800? Cue you to have no Clue.   If you read the article she said this happened to her way back in 1800😎.  Per you everything is in the past.  75% of the people that now are big fans of this Man hated him in 1965 so much so that they shut him up with a Bullet.   What did he do to Generate all that Hate? 

Mrs. Pinkett Smith said she was teased and “belittled” by white women all throughout her childhood because of the way she looked.

RACISM SUCKS REGARDLESS.  If you read the article she had a moment of cognitive dissonance.   Look that up and you might be able to understand. 

I might be a Marine Meathead but I'm not a dumb one and comprehension is not  hard with a little effort and less emotion.

Go listen to PAC and chill out. Keep me out of your Mouth Homie.  I only return fire I never initiate it.  But I make damn sure when I do it is suppressive in nature so you can't raise up.  

Stop Hijacking this man as some passive Christian that you now love and who had a dream and believed racial unity was possible if everyone worked together. This King makes you feel good about the levels of inaction that he faced including a terrible death now trying to Justify reconciliation without accountability is a nice con Job on History.  Loving Dr. King is easy for America now that he is gone.  I was instructed that's a Hypocrite. 

I think I just heard the Mike hit the Floor.🤣

.2mlspg.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

You need educating. 

And if she wanted to lick me, I would probably object unless.............................

Drummer cannot be educated. You presuppose he is capable of learning anything beyond the third grade. I doubt it very seriously. Read his ignorant posts. They are exhibit A in support of my case. 

4 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Per you everything is in the past.  75% of the people that now are big fans of this Man hated him in 1965 so much so that they shut him up with a Bullet.   What did he do to Generate all that Hate

Mrs. Pinkett Smith said she was teased and “belittled” by white women all throughout her childhood because of the way she looked.

RACISM SUCKS REGARDLESS.  If you read the article she had a moment of cognitive dissonance.   Look that up and you might be able to understand. 

He spoke truth then, so they hated him for they perceived it as dangerous. Now he is dead, so they retrieve his statements, selectively, I may add.

If MLK were alive and active today, they would hate him as much today as they hated him then, as I am pretty sure he would not have sold out the way some of his followers did. Most of these individuals (your 75%), have made no progress (sadly), since the 1960s.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Troll said:

Aside from the fact that she just did...LOL

Certainly you are not suggesting that 'concealed racism' is better than verbalized...or that if you are smart enough to 'catch yourself' that you have solved your own inner racism....that would be bad.

I am more of the opinion that a true understanding of yourself (and fellow man) can relieve the burden of the hair hate, instead of 'catching it' and covering it up....but then again I usually attack the disease ….not the symptoms.  

She didn’t verbalize her bias at the time of the event, she only used it as a reference in telling her story in the article. It was obviously necessary in a her dialogue. 

Racism is only painful and destructive to other people when it manifests outwardly (verbal or actions) , the priority should first be in ensuring it has minimal impact on society.

Personal healing is secondary in my opinion. So, “yes” for the betterment of society, concealed racism is better than verbalized racism. 

3 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

He spoke truth then, so they hated him for they perceived it as dangerous. Now he is dead, so they retrieve his statements, selectively, I may add.

If MLK were alive and active today, they would hate him as much today as they hated him then, as I am pretty sure he would not have sold out the way some of his followers did. Most of these individuals (your 75%), have made no progress (sadly), since the 1960s.  

You ever notice you never see them quote him toward one another. Those are the exact people that his message was directed at.   As if we need some sanitized version of his message to always make us be appeasers.  Truly pathetic.  We have always known him even as little children we all grew up with a picture of him in our house most black people still do today. The same people that are trying to tell you about him I will damn sure bet you they don't have those pictures.  I have him next to Malcolm in my den.  He was on the lil church fans that the sisters waived during church service that was handed out.  Dammit we know him.  Our Grandmothers houses had him on the wall next to white jesus. Now that I've grown up I look back on that and I see how ridiculous that was. One actually loved Humanity and the other one was a damn hypocrite. I'll let you decide which one was which

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Horsefly said:

She didn’t verbalize her bias at the time of the event, she only used it as a reference in telling her story in the article. It was obviously necessary in a her dialogue. 

Racism is only painful and destructive to other people when it manifests outwardly (verbal or actions) , the priority should first be in ensuring it has minimal impact on society.

Personal healing is secondary in my opinion. So, “yes” for the betterment of society, concealed racism is better than verbalized racism. 

I understand and basically agree with this post.

The bolded (if it were stand alone) might be the exception tho, and might have to chew on it.  My initial reaction is.... one similar to what you bring to a significant relationship wherein if you 'can't bring a happy husband to the table, you can never make your wife truly happy' strain, etc.....

Combined with the fact of it being much easier to change or better oneself,  than to ever change anyone elses mind, with ROI and diminishing returns, greatest impact per effort in mind,and I might tend to disagree with that part of your post.  Yet since your points also deserve merit, I think we would only differ on possible priorities and agree that both points should be addressed...

Taken as a whole I kind of agree. 

14 hours ago, DevilDog said:

trying to Justify reconciliation without accountability is a nice con Job on History.  Loving Dr. King is easy for America now that he is gone.  I was instructed that's a Hypocrite. 

I think I just heard the Mike hit the Floor.🤣

.2mlspg.jpg

Not trying to 'white wash' anything  (<<<ding ding  RACIST term? LOL)  But do you really think that respecting or honoring the good that someone's life achieved, and allowing bad water to escape under the bridge after they are gone, is truly bad or hypocritical???

I am more of the opinion that it's almost a universal human trait... to miss the good in something or to possibly become emotionally closer to something after it is gone, even when whatever it was also had portions that were disliked.... 

Hypocrytical would be not treating them how you felt at the time...not progressing in how you feel...

Ps...was that sound really a mic?......or just your point hitting the floor? 🤔

giphy.gif

😜

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Troll said:

Not trying to 'white wash' anything  (<<<ding ding  RACIST term? LOL)  But do you really think that respecting or honoring the good that someone's life achieved, and allowing bad water to escape under the bridge after they are gone, is truly bad or hypocritical???

I am more of the opinion that it's almost a universal human trait... to miss the good in something or to possibly become emotionally closer to something after it is gone, even when whatever it was also had portions that were disliked.... 

Hypocrytical would be not treating them how you felt at the time...not progressing in how you feel...

Ps...was that sound really a mic?......or just your point hitting the floor? 🤔

giphy.gif

😜

I'm in a mtg. So I will concede.  Peace my old verbal pugilist. Your skills are still high.

Just now, DevilDog said:

I'm in a mtg. So I will concede.  Peace my old verbal pugilist. Your skills are still high.

keep them coals stoked in that briefcase....and git er done right.

All good, never a worry on timing for posts   (so you can't use that as an excuse for a concession BTW haha)

until we meet again LOL

giphy.gif

• Like 1