What is your opinions on locking up prison guards from WW2 almost 80 years later

HSFBfan

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

, that is pretty much what I would do in the Bill Cosby case too. Not that the two crimes can be equated, though both are horrible. But given the age and health of the individuals, imprisoning them does not make a whole lot of sense to me. 

What about Jerry Sandusky ? He’s old too. 

5 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Interesting position.  So in one example we can have refugees fleeing their circumstances, many of them with their lives in jeopardy, break laws to escape the consequences, and you have no leniency. 

on the otherhand, you have individuals that commit crimes against humanity, in some cases to avoid the consequences of not following those orders, but here you want to consider granting leniency. 

Fundamentally, what is the difference? 

Straight Banneker.  Sounds like his letter to Jefferson.  

When you get an applause from this homie you know it's deep. 🤘 

Image result for brilliant GIF

• Like 1

On 11/13/2018 at 12:18 PM, concha said:

The SS were the true believers and worst of the worst.  They ran the camps and the Einsatzgruppen execution squads.

The SS were volunteers up until the latter stages of the war.

We are not talking about questionable military choices here.  We are talking about animals who rounded up men, women and children and herded them into cattle cars off to industrialized death camps (if they didn't simply kill them on the spot).

If I'm not mistaken, these men could have demanded transfers to combat units (I believe that was considered a right of a German soldier, though the SS were not strictly military).

In the end, these men made choices.

Good post. Many SS members were radical Nazi's who used their imaginations to find new ways to kill. Read about Heinrich Himmler, Arthur Nebe, and Albert Widmann. So yes, they were the worst. Himmler and the SS doctors were the worst of the worst in my opinion.

3 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Good post. Many SS members were radical Nazi's who used their imaginations to find new ways to kill. Read about Heinrich Himmler, Arthur Nebe, and Albert Widmann. So yes, they were the worst. Himmler and the SS doctors were the worst of the worst in my opinion.

Himmler was the definition of a nazi. 

12 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Yep. He was a true believer would do anything for the reich. If I remember correctly he was the camp commander of Auschwitz 

He was head of the SS. But he oversaw a lot of what happened there and delivered orders to Rudolf Höß (head of Auschwitz until 1943, then came Liebehenschel). I think it was Himmler who also had the idea of the portable gas chambers, I might be wrong on that too.

Edit: Auschwitz was a Network of camps (Stammlager, Birkenau, and Monowitz), each of the three had a commandant. Himmler oversaw all three of them. 

25 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

He was head of the SS. But he oversaw a lot of what happened there and delivered orders to Rudolf Höß (head of Auschwitz until 1943, then came Liebehenschel). I think it was Himmler who also had the idea of the portable gas chambers, I might be wrong on that too.

Edit: Auschwitz was a Network of camps (Stammlager, Birkenau, and Monowitz), each of the three had a commandant. Himmler oversaw all three of them. 

Birkenau was the worst as far as I know. You were basically dead if you were sent there. 

You know why they came up with the gas chambers right? Soldiers couldnt deal with shooting each person and it was too slow of a process so they came up with the gas chambers to kill off as many people as they can. 

And if the japs didnt bomb pearl harbor and get the US involved God knows how long those camps would have stayed in operation. The French and the British were not doing well. 

And as nasty as all this was and it was we can all thank the allies of WW1 for stripping Germany of everything and setting up a path for a guy like Hitler to come along. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Birkenau was the worst as far as I know. You were basically dead if you were sent there. 

You know why they came up with the gas chambers right? Soldiers couldnt deal with shooting each person and it was too slow of a process so they came up with the gas chambers to kill off as many people as they can. 

And if the japs didnt bomb pearl harbor and get the US involved God knows how long those camps would have stayed in operation. The French and the British were not doing well. 

Yep, the chambers were a way save ammo and kill more in less time. Among the horrible things done, I believe the medical experimentation was the worst. Removal of organs, purposely giving people diseases, and testing people in experimental air-crafts. It was a dark time in history.

Just now, ChimpGrip said:

Yep, the chambers were a way save ammo and kill more in less time. Among the horrible things done, I believe the medical experimentation was the worst. Removal of organs, purposely giving people diseases, and testing people in experimental air-crafts. It was a dark time in history.

It was but as I just added right before you responded you can thank the allies of WW1 and their reparations of Germany and stripping their country to nothing and setting up a path for Hitler. Germany was looking for someone to blame for losing WW1 and the situation that country was in following the war and Hitler gave the German people someone to blame. And there is no 2 ways about that 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

It was but as I just added right before you responded you can thank the allies of WW1 and their reparations of Germany and stripping their country to nothing and setting up a path for Hitler. Germany was looking for someone to blame for losing WW1 and the situation that country was in following the war and Hitler gave the German people someone to blame. And there is no 2 ways about that 

Have you read Rise and Fall of the Third Reich?

Just now, ChimpGrip said:

Nope, no disagreement here. 

It is a phenomenal read. It is long, but it is a treasure trove of information. 

I will certainly read it. It looks yes very long but Its something I'm very interested in. 

In the book does it compare the same mistakes Hitler made like napolean?

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I will certainly read it. It looks yes very long but Its something I'm very interested in. 

In the book does it compare the same mistakes Hitler made like napolean?

It hasn’t yet (still reading it - I’m still in one of the earlier chapters talking about the events of 1933), but when I start reading it, i can’t put it down. 

Another good read is Hitler: A biography by Ian Kershaw. Very revealing read. Never got to finish it because it was lost during a move. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChimpGrip said:

It hasn’t yet (still reading it - I’m still in one of the earlier chapters talking about the events of 1933), but when I start reading it, i can’t put it down. 

Another good read is Hitler: A biography by Ian Kershaw. Very revealing read. Never got to finish it because it was lost during a move. 

Go read Mein Kampf. 

I may have to go pick up the rise of the third reich and start it if it's that good you cant put it down. 

12 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Go read Mein Kampf. 

I may have to go pick up the rise of the third reich and start it if it's that good you cant put it down. 

I have always wanted to read Mein Kampf, but I feared a family member would catch me reading it and think that I'm falling for that ideology. And that my explanation of why I am reading it would go over their heads. But I am going to go ahead and read it anyway, I know my purposes are for the good (gaining knowledge).

And yes that book will hook you. It is above average as far as density goes, not an easy read. But out of all the books I have, its definitely my favorite. Information-rich and brilliantly put together. 

I got some new books in last week that should be interesting too (although off-topic from our discussion). One of them is about the Welsh Kings, i'm looking forward to it. Nick Saban's "How good do you want to be?" book is a must for any Alabama fan's bookshelf too. 

42 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

I have always wanted to read Mein Kampf, but I feared a family member would catch me reading it and think that I'm falling for that ideology. And that my explanation of why I am reading it would go over their heads. But I am going to go ahead and read it anyway, I know my purposes are for the good (gaining knowledge).

And yes that book will hook you. It is above average as far as density goes, not an easy read. But out of all the books I have, its definitely my favorite. Information-rich and brilliantly put together. 

I got some new books in last week that should be interesting too (although off-topic from our discussion). One of them is about the Welsh Kings, i'm looking forward to it. Nick Saban's "How good do you want to be?" book is a must for any Alabama fan's bookshelf too. 

I was gonna order a book about tammany hall. Seemed very good. 

Another books in want to read is Grant. 

Mein Kampf is a great book. I read it in college because like you i wanted to gain knowledge. Yes you get some weird looks but it's a great read. 

I have books in my room that go anywhere from Hitler to stalin to jack the ripper to American revolution books etc etc. 

If your into american revolutions read the ghost ships of brooklyn. For me it's a great book because its local it's all about Manhattan and such but it's an awesome book.

I'm pretty much fascinated about history.

I truly believe we missed due to when were living in a lot of amazing things. 

4 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Bro you are very intelligent. Do you know where they perfected the art of the Holocaust?  The world always like to forget the real history.  They set the Template in Africa.  Look it up.  Horrible Bastards

Fkkk Dem Nazi's:   Always dropping knowledge  READ READ READ;  There are mixed Black and Germans today in Namibia due to rape by German Soldiers:  They didn't rape the Jews. 

In Germany’s extermination program for black Africans, a template for the Holocaust

https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-germanys-extermination-program-for-black-africans-a-template-for-the-holocaust/

Decades before the Nazis turned to the Jews, German colonialists in Southwest Africa – now Namibia – dehumanized, built death camps for, and slaughtered tens of thousands of tribespeople in a systematic genocide. Here, Edwin Black reveals the full horrors of an eerie and odious precursor of the Shoah, and its legacy in the US

Surviving Herero after an escape through the arid desert of Omaheke in German Southwest Africa (modern day Namibia), circa 1907 (Ullstein Bilderdienst, Berlin)