Big win for Allen last night

noonereal

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

So the impetus for the change was Spring sports extending into the Summer after schools were closed. Using the same logic why then would they want schools to be playing football games before they open in the Fall? So they fix one issue by creating another. Why not move football back to where it was and start Spring sports 2 weeks earlier if needed? IMO football shouldn’t be played before Labor Day.

When are most families going to be available? A week before school opens or a week after it closes?

6 hours ago, Horsefly said:

This is the official response as to why, the explanation Txball got from his coaching friends is the unofficial answer. 

It’s not even an unofficial answer it’s a ridiculous statement.The governing body of California HS sports is going to move their whole sports calendar so football can win some OOS games? You can appreciate how asinine this statement is I’m sure 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ararar said:

Your coach friends are full of shit or you are.here is the reason the seasons were moved up

The proposal is a reaction to the change of the first day and last day of instruction at Southern California schools. The trend has been for schools to open in August and close in May. In recent years, CIF-SS finals and championship rounds in spring sports have occurred after schools have closed for the summer.

DLS - has played 11 games so far this season   -  They have had two open dates (9-28) and (11-2) with at least one more before the end of the season.  They played first game Aug 17

When do they play their next game?  Then on top of that Cali gives another open date before DLS takes on the winner of the other bracket that SJB and MD play in.

The reason was all fluff...This was a football move to allow the big boy privates to get games under their belt before playing big OOS games.   

If one of the Cali big boys come back to Texas -  They will have likely played 2 games or more before playing here.

5 minutes ago, Texasball said:

DLS - has played 11 games so far this season   -  They have had two open dates (9-28) and (11-2) with at least one more before the end of the season.  They played first game Aug 17

When do they play their next game?  Then on top of that Cali gives another open date before DLS takes on the winner of the other bracket that SJB and MD play in.

The reason was all fluff...This was a football move to allow the big boy privates to get games under their belt before playing big OOS games.   

If one of the Cali big boys come back to Texas -  They will have likely played 2 games or more before playing here.

DLS last played on 11-9  -  They are still waiting on the winner of another game that is not scheduled until 11-24  (Fires??)

8 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

Nothing like a Texan spinning a good conspiracy theory to explain a big loss.

The reason is never that the Texas team wasn't good enough.

Nope.

California conspiracy.

I was talking about California playing BG -- They thought BG had Big advantage over their teams in the past because the BG season started so early.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Just stop TBall you’re sounding real crazy at the moment.I will say it again making a statement like the California HS governing body moved up Their whole sports calendar to insure some football OOS wins is asinine 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Texasball said:

DLS last played on 11-9  -  They are still waiting on the winner of another game that is not scheduled until 11-24  (Fires??)

Yes the 🔥 have wrecked havoc on the NorCal and Central coast playoffs.pushing games back and moving them hundreds of miles.Some might not be able to be played in which case a coin flip will determine the winner

18 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Just stop TBall you’re sounding real crazy at the moment.I will say it again making a statement like the California HS governing body moved up Their whole sports calendar to insure some football OOS wins is asinine 

I am not trying to be crazy stupid with this.  I thought this was common knowledge.  The big time privates pushed this for football reasons according to coaches within your state.  

I trust my sources more than I believe the reasoning you are given.  You are just reading the BS - I am talking to real people that have zero reason to lie and who love cali football.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I am not trying to be crazy stupid with this.  I thought this was common knowledge.  The big time privates pushed this for football reasons according to coaches within your state.  

I trust my sources more than I believe the reasoning you are given.  You are just reading the BS - I am talking to real people that have zero reason to lie and who love cali football.

Brother it’s beyond ridiculous to claim that a few private HS can change the states entire sports calendar because they want to win OOS.Its not going to happen 

8 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Brother it’s beyond ridiculous to claim that a few private HS can change the states entire sports calendar because they want to win OOS.Its not going to happen 

It's really not that crazy -  This is a very powerful group who also was responsible for the new rules for transferring players.

You don't believe that the CIF leaders wanted better OOS results and wanted better chances for California teams in national rankings.

These select group of private schools are controlling nearly everything that has been happening in California including the addition of the last game after the sectional championships.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

It's really not that crazy -  This is a very powerful group who also was responsible for the new rules for transferring players.

You don't believe that the CIF leaders wanted better OOS results and wanted better chances for California teams in national rankings.

These select group of private schools are controlling nearly everything that has been happening in California including the addition of the last game after the sectional championships.

Why would they want or care about a better OOS record? I don’t even know what to say about your contentions of an apparent private school Illuminati running California.Your post become more bizarre by the minute.You obviously have no idea how the state enacts changes to its playoff system 

3 hours ago, Ararar said:

Why would they want or care about a better OOS record? I don’t even know what to say about your contentions of an apparent private school Illuminati running California.Your post become more bizarre by the minute.You obviously have no idea how the state enacts changes to its playoff system 

Dude, look at it like politics.  The private schools become lobbyist for something that fits their agenda.  Do you want to act like they don’t care about national rankings?

SJB and MD care more about being voted national champion than winning the state championship 

29 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Dude, look at it like politics.  The private schools become lobbyist for something that fits their agenda.  Do you want to act like they don’t care about national rankings?

SJB and MD care more about being voted national champion than winning the state championship 

You’re talking about a handful of schools and claiming they wield the dominant power in the state.Its just not factual.Every section is its own entity and is the main reason California doesn’t have a true state playoff.Every section has a vote in any decision and the schools you’re talking about belong to 1 section out of ten.

yes they care about a national championship but they know they can never be that without winning the open championship so no it’s not more important.You are getting bad information and I’m guessing it’s from guys who dislike privates as much as you do 

12 minutes ago, Ararar said:

You’re talking about a handful of schools and claiming they wield the dominant power in the state.Its just not factual.Every section is its own entity and is the main reason California doesn’t have a true state playoff.Every section has a vote in any decision and the schools you’re talking about belong to 1 section out of ten.

yes they care about a national championship but they know they can never be that without winning the open championship so no it’s not more important.You are getting bad information and I’m guessing it’s from guys who dislike privates as much as you do 

Texasball is straight out goofy! 🙃 

5 hours ago, Ararar said:

Trinity League can't understand why people say such things......

Trinity league stand.jpg

On 11/18/2018 at 7:35 PM, Goldmember said:

Got a lot better?

Then kicked a Texas teams' ass?

And made you whine?

Got better?  No doubt about that!

From a 42 point ass whipping in 2006 to a 4A school, to a 30 win over a good 6A team in 2016.

No doubt that’s improvement.  But it’s how they improved that escapes frauds like you.  

In 10 years the best thing Gorman did was recruit and attract talent from multiple area codes and states.  Once they decided that they wanted to create a national caliber all star team, they sat out and did just that.

High school football my ass!

On 11/19/2018 at 11:49 AM, Goldmember said:

Nothing like a Texan spinning a good conspiracy theory to explain a big loss.

The reason is never that the Texas team wasn't good enough.

Nope.

California conspiracy.

What are you talking about the last big game between TX and Cali was won by the state playing real HS football.

can you hear this - Cedar Hill was not good enough to beat BG.  Nor was they good enough to win their district or our state championship.

Its damn fact that California pushed for earlier starting date to even the playing field against OOS teams who start earlier and in some cases will give them the advantage.