Big win for Allen last night

noonereal

3 hours ago, Texasball said:

Let's not forget that the All Mighty St Johns Bosco CA - started their season off playing at home against Timpview UT -  winning 49-0

Well - Timpview also got beat 18-7 by Jordan UT and beat Wayne Hills NJ is in the 2nd round in some NJ playoff.

Jordan UT got beat by East 36-21

DD and I went to the Allen vs East game.   The score was 52-0 with 9min to go -  Allen was up 52-0 with 9min to go in the game.

Mark by words - Allen can play with anyone in the country including St. Johns Bosco 

49-0 ? Wonder if that qualifies as a blow out in Sammy’s eyes?

Just trying to see the Cali Horde argument. 

BGW

33 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Nooner brokering OOS!

Bahahaha.... do it!

BGW

Allen is no Grayson, that's for sure. 

Then can jet in QB's but they can't jet out to play. 

Terrible how they bastardize true challenge  to win. 

Buford takes up challenges and they don't have an enrollment of 6500 and a jet on stand by for transfers. 

3 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Allen is no Grayson, that's for sure. 

Then can jet in QB's but they can't jet out to play. 

Terrible how they bastardize true challenge  to win. 

Buford takes up challenges and they don't have an enrollment of 6500 and a jet on stand by for transfers. 

Buford only needs a moving truck that is reliable enough to travel within a 30 miles radius.

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They played AN oos opponent. I'm giving them credit regardless of quality of foe. I treat Allen similar to CQ. I give credit where it's due as it's better than playing an all in-state schedule. 

I don’t agree with this take.  At all.  Zip code has nothing at all to do with opponent quality or lack there of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

How easy people forget that in 2016 Allen beat state champions Hoover Al and ECA LA - yet didn’t win Texas

For some reason we Texas types are not all giddy over OOS football.   Imagine a Texas power needs to travel to be legit. 🤣   I will take the LAST 6 Weeks in Texas HS football over any Football anywhere.  I can't wait.  On 2nd thought we don't even need OOS teams to come to Texas.  No need to experience all this inferior Football.  Let them stay where they are.  Somehow I think we will be just fine.  I am as excited to See little Newton In Jerry's world than I would be to see some OOS team.  That's just how we roll in Texas.  We haven't even started our playoffs.  We get to enjoy our Football more than others.  But I hope they all have fun as well. 

Believe me OOS PEOPLE this is Legit 

Image result for allen texas football

• Like 4

5 hours ago, DevilDog said:

For some reason we Texas types are not all giddy over OOS football.   Imagine a Texas power needs to travel to be legit. 🤣   I will take the LAST 6 Weeks in Texas HS football over any Football anywhere.  I can't wait.  On 2nd thought we don't even need OOS teams to come to Texas.  No need to experience all this inferior Football.  Let them stay where they are.  Somehow I think we will be just fine.  I am as excited to See little Newton In Jerry's world than I would be to see some OOS team.  That's just how we roll in Texas.  We haven't even started our playoffs.  We get to enjoy our Football more than others.  But I hope they all have fun as well. 

and this post wins the "how bias affects perception" of the year award! 

Congratulations!!

Great photo but where is the jet used for QB acquisitions?

12 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Pardon me if I’m underwhelmed.

That sideline section down near the endzone that says “Eagles” looks pretty empty to me.  😜

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, DevilDog said:

As a USMC Gunnery Sargent you should appreciate the Spartan facilities of this even more celebrated band of brothers — even allow for a fly by view.  You’ll notice all the stands are on the inside of the track, while drivers on Treat Blvd are treated to brief sideline perspectives.  The  grass one the other side of Treat is the shared practice field (not plural) for every outdoor sport at DLS 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

I knew it wouldn't be long before a Texas flunky bragged about beating Hoover and Evangel.

Hoover lost 2 games in 2016.

Allen, TX 25 Hoover 7

Grayson, GA 36 Hoover 14

Hoover won Alabama 7A

Evangel lost 2 games in 2016

Allen, TX 45 Evangel 10

4A Monroe Neville, La 35 Evangel 16

Evangel won Louisiana D1

bandicam 2018-11-10 15-18-56-243.jpg

1 hour ago, Pops said:

As a USMC Gunnery Sargent you should appreciate the Spartan facilities of this even more celebrated band of brothers — even allow for a fly by view.  You’ll notice all the stands are on the inside of the track, while drivers on Treat Blvd are treated to brief sideline perspectives.  The  grass one the other side of Treat is the shared practice field (not plural) for every outdoor sport at DLS 

Was a fly over even necessary?

That's a very nice stadium though... For a recreation league game of course.

1. Allen would beat the cum out of every NJ team.  That is a given, because NJ and high school football goes together like crystal meth and pretty teeth.

2.  Allen played what, 7 or 8 district games...they have no control over that schedule.

3.  Blowouts happen in every state.  California has 3 good teams that beat the piss out of everyone in the state, and the team from the northern part of the state plays a schedule much weaker than Allen.

4.  The California powers could never beat DLS.  So what did they do?  Like any good JUCO, they just went out and recruited better.  That’s all that changed.  Now they own DLS...... kind of like Bishop Gorman getting dominated by Gilmer, TX years ago.  They then went out and marketed their school, and ramped up recruiting to be a national power.

5.  We don’t want, nor welcome, recruited up JUCO like trash in the state of Texas.  Or do we want trash teams from New Jersey here either, we already have those.  We call them RGV teams.

On 11/9/2018 at 6:59 PM, noonereal said:

Get that big head program on a plane. 

DLS will take taht game in a shot. Not so much Allen.... 

For what?  You don’t leave the beaches of Miami, Fl to vacation in the Oklahoma panhandle.

You want to play Allen, you do so in the nicest high school stadium in America, in front of 18,000 people.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pops said:

You should see weight room — 20x20 cinder blockhouse that looks like it belongs in a prison yard 

Makes the DLS program even more impressive, doing more with less. Pretty much echos academia and  solid values over store bought identity.

Make no mistake I'm pleased with Bufords' direction in building new HS and facilities, but how many schools of DLS stature can say the same "we do more with less, we only use what we need, etc.,."

Impressive, shallow thinkers would not see the forest for the trees.

Regards,

BGW

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FloTex said:

For what?  You don’t leave the beaches of Miami, Fl to vacation in the Oklahoma panhandle.

You want to play Allen, you do so in the nicest high school stadium in America, in front of 18,000 people.

then don't bitch when you are called out for being a whore of a program, unwilling to prove your metal. 

You guys have yet to play a national power this year. It's all theater and we know it. 

I love the part where you "sparkly" Allen types call yourselves a neighborhood school unlike DLS, X, BC, STA... 

What a freakin joke. 

Just now, noonereal said:

then don't bitch when you are called out for being a whore of a program, unwilling to prove your metal. 

You guys have yet to play a national power this year. It's all theater and we know it. 

I love the part where you "sparkly" Allen types call yourselves a neighborhood school unlike DLS, X, BC, STA... 

What a freakin joke. 

No one from Texas is bitching.  Is the bitches like you bitching.  Bitches bitch!

The “whore” programs are just that!  They attract and recruit to stay relevant.  When they get their asses whipped like Bishop Gorman did years ago in Texas, they up their game.  SJB and MD followed suit out west when they could never beat DLS.  That’s what whores do.

Allen has done nothing but kept its structure of a 1 high school town intact.

When Jersey schools learn how to fight off a cut block, send them to play Allen.  In the Mecca of high school football.  Until then, enjoy New Jersey football.  Almost as practical as enjoying beaches in New Mexico.