Big win for Allen last night

noonereal

That 2015 season is perfect example of the quality depth inside the state of Texas.

Trinity beats - California state champ and Texas State champs - Then get's beat in the first rd

North Shore the Div 1 6A State Champion - Loses 2 games before playing Trinity -  3 in roll - Then runs table to win championship.

Other teams that beat North Shore that year -  Westfield HS - lost 2 other games - Including they got knocked out in the 2nd Rd

Manvel was the other team to beat North Shore - yet they lost 3 other games in the same season.  They went 6A Div 2 got knocked out in the regional final by Katy

The district that Trinity was in -  This is what they did in playoffs

We know - Trinity went 10-1 lost in the 1st Rd

SLC - went 6A Div 2 in the playoffs lost 37-35 to Trinity - Lost 2 other games - Got beat in the 2nd Rd.   -The team Guyer who beat SLC in the 2nd Rd - Got beat in the Regional Finals 44-7 by Mansfield  (Guyer finished with 4 losses on the season) (Mansfield finished with 3 losses on the season)

Colleyville Heritage - finished the season 5-6  scored 33 on Trinity -  beat in the first rd

Coppell - finished 6-5 on the year - beat in the first rd.

The district Trinity played in went 1-4 in the playoffs  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What did South Grand Prairie accomplish that season 

They finished 4th in District with 7 teams including themselves with 3-3 record - overall record was 7-5 -   They also got beat by 5A school Abilene Cooper - who finished in 2nd place in their 5A district and who lost 5 times on the year.

South Grand Prairie then got beat in the 2nd Rd 

The 6A Div 1 Semi finals in 2015 -  2 really high level well played football games

Westlake beat Allen 23-17

North Shore beat Judson 23-17 

North Shore wins in championship in OT 21-14 over Westlake 

In total - 6A Div 1 playoffs had 24 games decided by 1 TD or less including both semi finals and the championship game

North Shore the state champion -  Got beat 3 times  -  In 6 rounds of playoffs they won 3 of those games by 7, 6, (7 OT)

-The funny thing the best 2 teams in the state did not even play in this division.

Katy and Lake Travis 

I will tell you one damn thing - DLS - would not have won state championship in either 6A Div 1 or 6A Div 2

That Trinity team returned on 2 starters on offense.  Not sure about the defense but it wasn't very many either.

The big majority of all the starters for Trinity in that game was playing their first Varsity Football game...Playing against the defending California State Champion that returned nearly everyone and who came into the game ranked #1 in the country.

So playing in Texas with inexperience varsity players was really not that big advantage - considering that they was playing well traveled experienced nationally ranked DLS.

They only advantage Trinity had was they was little bit bigger and could run with DLS (not any faster)

• Like 1

That 2015 season is perfect example of the quality depth inside the state of Texas.

Trinity beats - California state champ and Texas State champs - Then get's beat in the first rd

North Shore the Div 1 6A State Champion - Loses 2 games before playing Trinity -  3 in roll - Then runs table to win championship.

Other teams that beat North Shore that year -  Westfield HS - lost 2 other games - Including they got knocked out in the 2nd Rd

Manvel was the other team to beat North Shore - yet they lost 3 other games in the same season.  They went 6A Div 2 got knocked out in the regional final by Katy

SLC - went 6A Div 2 in the playoffs lost 37-35 to Trinity - Lost 2 other games - Got beat in the 2nd Rd.   -The team Guyer who beat SLC in the 2nd Rd - Got beat in the Regional Finals 44-7 by Mansfield  (Guyer finished with 4 losses on the season) (Mansfield finished with 3 losses on the season)

Colleyville Heritage - finished the season 5-6  scored 33 on Trinity -  beat in the first rd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They finished 4th in District with 7 teams including themselves with 3-3 record - overall record was 7-5 -   They also got beat by 5A school Abilene Cooper - who finished in 2nd place in their 5A district and who lost 5 times on the year.

The 6A Div 1 Semi finals in 2015 -  2 really high level well played football games

In total - 6A Div 1 playoffs had 24 games decided by 1 TD or less including both semi finals and the championship game

North Shore the state champion -  Got beat 3 times  -  In 6 rounds of playoffs they won 3 of those games by 7, 6, (7 OT)

-The funny thing the best 2 teams in the state did not even play in this division.

Katy and Lake Travis 

I will tell you one damn thing - DLS - would not have won state championship in either 6A Div 1 or 6A Div 2

That Trinity team returned on 2 starters on offense.  Not sure about the defense but it wasn't very many either.

The big majority of all the starters for Trinity in that game was playing their first Varsity Football game...Playing against the defending California State Champion that returned nearly everyone and who came into the game ranked #1 in the country.

So playing in Texas with inexperience varsity players was really not that big advantage - considering that they was playing well traveled experienced nationally ranked DLS.

• Like 1

Let's not forget that the All Mighty St Johns Bosco CA - started their season off playing at home against Timpview UT -  winning 49-0

Well - Timpview also got beat 18-7 by Jordan UT and beat Wayne Hills NJ is in the 2nd round in some NJ playoff.

Jordan UT got beat by East 36-21

DD and I went to the Allen vs East game.   The score was 52-0 with 9min to go -  Allen was up 52-0 with 9min to go in the game.

Mark by words - Allen can play with anyone in the country including St. Johns Bosco 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Let's not forget that the All Mighty St Johns Bosco CA - started their season off playing at home against Timpview UT -  winning 49-0

Well - Timpview also got beat 18-7 by Jordan UT and beat Wayne Hills NJ is in the 2nd round in some NJ playoff.

Jordan UT got beat by East 36-21

DD and I went to the Allen vs East game.   The score was 52-0 with 9min to go -  Allen was up 52-0 with 9min to go in the game.

Mark by words - Allen can play with anyone in the country including St. Johns Bosco 

Sjb was up 42-0 at half against Timpview. 

They could of won 80/nothing. But for what ? 

Allen blowing out East doesn’t tell us anything either.

I’m not saying allen could or couldn’t play with sjb but playing teams with a pulse is the only way to determine how good teams are...

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I'm working with the Allen reps now, and I can confirm that they are indeed very selective. Nothing wrong with that as I agree it's a 'privilege' and 'experience' to play them at home. There's no question they should have the last say in who they host. 

BC/Allen in tx sounds like a nice matchup! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Go back Kindergarten if you cannot make the connection between Tiers and blowouts.   Someone from Buford is stuck on stupid this morning.

12 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Sign of weakness, slinging the insults....

As Rab would say “ if I wanted shit outta you, I’ll squeeze your Hayd”

How bout dem apples, Bitch?

BGW

My, my, aren’t you two boys fractious today?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Sjb was up 42-0 at half against Timpview. 

They could of won 80/nothing. But for what ? 

Allen blowing out East doesn’t tell us anything either.

I’m not saying allen could or couldn’t play with sjb but playing teams with a pulse is the only way to determine how good teams are...

We thought the same about Allen vs East.

The weather was bad -  Allen only attempted 13 passes in the game completing 9 of them for 3 TD's 

Allen had 10 different players get rushes in the game.

The top RB that Allen had only got 11 touches for 163 yards 

East is a running team and Allen smashed them in the back field most the night.  Allen didn't have the luxury of intercepting passes early in the game getting short fields.  

It was hard game to watch it was total mismatch -  east had well over half of their total yards the last three drives of the game.  They actually scored on 80 yard bomb with no time on the clock to end the game.

3 hours ago, noonereal said:

Yes and no..... you realize they had the rug pulled out from under team don't you?

You have got to give them a one year pass for this. 

Yes I’m aware

I don’t know if that pass includes inclusions in national top 10s

and don’t respond with DLS’s schedule in 1994 — was a completely different era then regarding interplay of “national” hsfb teams

im most disappointed in CP because they aren’t supposed to give passes so I’ve lost some faith in their results-meter-aldgirythm 

We’re well into post season and they’re 7-0 with their best win that just eked into top 2,000 this week and #3 in the country 

doesn’t compute 

I get how a human pollster could cut them slack and rank on potential 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

Katy and Lake Travis 

They only advantage Trinity had was they was little bit bigger and could run with DLS (not any faster)

DLS ran all over Trinity. 1 back had over 200 yards rushing in that game. And the other advantage u failed to mention besides playing in texas was playing by texas rules with texas refs.

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

Why wouldn’t they? North Shore did.If they won state in 2015 DLS could have.

DLS is built and good for one game series not a long 6A playoff schedule.  A few key injuries here and there and I don’t think they last long.  That’s exactly what happened to ET in 2015.  A matter of fact several top teams had key players hobbled or on the sidelines. 

30 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

DLS is built and good for one game series not a long 6A playoff schedule.  A few key injuries here and there and I don’t think they last long.  That’s exactly what happened to ET in 2015.  A matter of fact several top teams had key players hobbled or on the sidelines. 

Well sure anything could happen....including DLS doing exactly what North Shore did

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Well sure anything could happen....including DLS doing exactly what North Shore did

Yeah, but I’m saying from what I saw and the reliance on 2-ways players, they’re not   built for 6 rds of playoff football.  A matter of fact take Custer and their big time TE/DE out of the game and ET would have routed them. 

1 hour ago, Pops said:

Yes I’m aware

I don’t know if that pass includes inclusions in national top 10s

and don’t respond with DLS’s schedule in 1994 — was a completely different era then regarding interplay of “national” hsfb teams

im most disappointed in CP because they aren’t supposed to give passes so I’ve lost some faith in their results-meter-aldgirythm 

We’re well into post season and they’re 7-0 with their best win that just eked into top 2,000 this week and #3 in the country 

doesn’t compute 

I get how a human pollster could cut them slack and rank on potential 

can't disagree

Just now, Horsefly said:

Yeah, but I’m saying from what I saw and the reliance on 2-ways players, they’re not   built for 6 rds of playoff football.  A matter of fact take Custer and their big time TE/DE out of the game and ET would have routed them. 

6 rounds of playoff football...  Who Allen play in round one?  lol 

They are sure as hell rested enough aren't they? 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, noonereal said:

6 rounds of playoff football...  Who Allen play in round one?  lol 

They are sure as hell rested enough aren't they? 

Please stop interjecting if you’re not following along.  We’re talking 2015 and not Allen.  This is between me and the CA boys.

another example of you being lost when it comes to HSFB. 

6 minutes ago, Champa said:

Just send DLS back to Texas next year and they can play Allen.

Give them a chance for some revenge.

Allen’s HC said in the paper he doesn’t like OOS games, I think he will focus more instate here on out.  It is what it is.  In that case I think he plays Aledo next year.