Big win for Allen last night

noonereal

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

He was in excuse making mode about shoulda, woulda, coulda and of course I heard CA announcers later in the season state that DLS had improved and would have won the game handedly NOW.  Typical DLS BS after a loss.  

Well if that be true he needs a hug to.I just never heard that from Alumbaugh

24 minutes ago, Wilddawgz said:

Actually. It implies that if a team is unwilling to play under Allen's terms then it won't happen.  

A couple years ago when bishop Gorman was setting up their schedule they tried to schedule Allen and in Texas, but were told the administration stopped replying to the promoter once they found out who the team was that they would be playing.  Cedar Hill finally manned up for Tejas.  SO is this "Allen will take on all comers"  only for teams under a certain level or below?  Asking for a friend I barely like. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Horsefly said:

He was in excuse making mode about shoulda, woulda, coulda and of course I heard CA announcers later in the season state that DLS had improved and would have won the game handedly NOW.  Typical DLS BS after a loss.  

Bullshit 

you are blurring his halftime comments, which were completely appropriate to a hsfb team but didn’t come off as very sporting when captured on camera with comments from others later in the year 

btw, those comments about DLS winning later were made by everyone in this board during and shortly after the game so don’t put a CA announcers opinions months later inn alumbaugh

i like you horsey, but you are in error on your tact here 

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

Bullshit 

you are blurring his halftime comments, which were completely appropriate to a hsfb team but didn’t come off as very sporting when captured on camera with comments from others later in the year 

btw, those comments about DLS winning later were made by everyone in this board during and shortly after the game so don’t put a CA announcers opinions months later inn alumbaugh

i like you horsey, but you are in error on your tact here 

“It was a miracle we were even in the game with a chance to win against a team like that, with all the mistakes we made,"

This is one of several here’s one backhanded compliments he made. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

He was in excuse mode, it was the topic for months on this board.  

I believe you are misremembering and confusing his halftime comments (which IMHO you can’t hold against him)

show me anything 

find me anything 

it was absolutely not a topic for months on this board

5 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

A couple years ago when bishop Gorman was setting up their schedule they tried to schedule Allen and in Texas, but were told the administration stopped replying to the promoter once they found out who the team was that they would be playing.  Cedar Hill finally manned up for Tejas.  SO is this "Allen will take on all comers"  only for teams under a certain level or below?  Asking for a friend I barely like. 

Riigghhht, b/c they would be privy to why a school was not responding to them. Such mind readers they are.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

“It was a miracle we were even in the game with a chance to win against a team like that, with all the mistakes we made,"

here’s one of the many backhanded compliments he made. 

Thats whining?  Did DLS not make mistakes like that stupid reverse before halftime?  Were they not driving for the go ahead winning touchdown, where Asiasi had beat his man and the ball was thrown a couple inches too far?  Not whining.  He was stating facts. Come one dude, I know your'e better than this. 

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

This is one of several here’s one backhanded compliments he made. 

Sounds like a compliment

it’s also an understatement of truth

Find me 100 more like this and you might have something 

7 minutes ago, Pops said:

Sounds like a compliment

it’s also an understatement of truth

Find me 100 more like this and you might have something 

That’s not a compliment.  He basically said they lost b/c the team wasn’t themselves.  

Here's another one of his backhanded compliments: 

“Hats off to Trinity for sure, but we left so many points out there on the board," 

Just now, Horsefly said:

So 100 is your magic number, gotcha! 

That’s not very much support to accuse a guy of whining like a little bitch IMHO

its less than not very much — actually nothing — certainly not the sort of outrage that instigates discussion around here for months

NOR got  under your skin with this thread and you lashed out at a pretty good guy that wasn’t even part of the debate 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pops said:

That’s not very much support to accuse a guy of whining like a little bitch IMHO

its less than not very much — actually nothing — certainly not the sort of outrage that instigates discussion around here for months

NOR got  under your skin with this thread and you lashed out at a pretty good guy that wasn’t even part of the debate 

I just posted another Pops, these are all after the game quotes and nothing to do with his half time talk.  

There are others but I don’t feel like posting, we all know the routine after an OOS loss and hyper improvement.  It’s all par for the course. 

11 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

That’s not a compliment.  He basically said they lost b/c the team wasn’t themselves.  

Here's another one of his backhanded compliments: 

“Hats off to Trinity for sure, but we left so many points out there on the board," 

Find me one where he doesn’t open with a compliment to ET 

That was a bitter loss for him — I think you need to cut him a little slack from your “Whiny Bitch” classification 

• Like 1

OMG - 

Texas has put together who's who list of OOS champions over the years that our schools have beat.

We have mainly won those games with teams who did not win our state championship.  More than once we have done it with teams that did not even win playoff game.  The last being something that California and Louisiana has in common.

The fact that anyone associated with the green buggers aka DLS - make me vomit private school - could go national talking about scheduling is comical.  Plano West would be be step up for you guys compared to the cream puff schedule you guys play in Northern California.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pops said:

FWIW, TX doesn’t travel and their relative lack of interplay among non-TX elite teams will justifiably hold TX back in the rankings somewhat 

however 

the poster child for unjustified rankings this year is clearly SFA 

Yes and no..... you realize they had the rug pulled out from under team don't you?

You have got to give them a one year pass for this. 

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Allen is clearly a team scared to lose. 

and do you blame them? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They did blow out East UT, which any Top 10 team should. I'd be less content about them without that win. 

East lost in the first round to a team that lost in the 6A semis 29-0 last night.    What an interesting state UT has been this season.   

28 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Is East in the top 10 in Utah? 

Doubt it. 

Hard to say with UT this season.   If so, probably at the rear at this point.   There is a NJ link in the state with Wayne Hills having faced Timpview.   It was a close game.   

• Thanks 1