LaMelo Ball Back Playing in HighSchool?

AztecPadre

49 minutes ago, FloTex said:

Any father should be a part of their kids lives.  White, Black, or brown.  He’s doing what any real man should do.  Good for him.

His kids would be better off without his distractions and meddling. 

Agree with this 100%. He shouldn’t get any extra credit for being a dad who is part of his kids lives  which I have seen on social media??Strong father who’s been there for his kids? Big deal on that.

Full disclosure, I personally think he’s a asshole. So that probably clouds my opinion a bit  and I have some bias, can’t lie and be a hypocritite there.

But I have conflicted thoughts on this. First and foremost I am always of the mindset of not  butting in on how someone else raises their kids. As long as it’s legal, I have no business on how someone else does it. If the kids turn out to be productive members of society, I’ll say dad deserves some credit for that.

I am definitely on the fiscally conservative side and a firm believer in capitalism (as DD has pointed out). So he is smart in that case. But I also hate the helicopter parent who lives through his kid. I remember when I was in high school following Todd Marinovich’s career and Marv’s way of raising him. I remember then as a teenager thinking, “this is not gonna turn out good.” Well think we know how that turned out.

I think I’ll go the way of the current president. In 2 years I‘ve seen what I feel are some great things and some shitty things. Not enough of either that had swayed me to have an opion of the job he has done.  I’ll wait until all is said and done then look back and make a final judgment on the job he did. In the long run I’ll probably have to wait several years to see if Lavar was a success or a failure as well.

On 11/7/2018 at 6:57 AM, DevilDog said:

i read where people complain about most African Americans not having Fathers and that this guy who is a strong Father gets criticism for just that. 

HAHA. Now you want to give credit for doing what every parent is naturally supposed to do. Priceless.

Reminds me of this old Chris Rock bit: **WARNING NSFW, and excuse the 'N' word references as those are Chris Rock's views, not mine!**

The criticism he gets isn't for parenting his kids --  it's for using his kids platform as his own and leeching off their success/celebrity. And for acting like a complete douche the entire time he does it.

Lavar Ball isn't a big name athlete or celebrity. Nobody knew who he was until his oldest son became relevant. And now he's become 'infamous' because of the connection to Lonzo Ball and the boorish behavior along the way. That's his story in a nutshell.

There are plenty of celebs/athletes with similar backgrounds as Lonzo Ball that don't have one of their parents going in front of cameras or talking to media trying to gain attention every chance they get.

Lavar badly wanted what Lonzo has and LaMelo likely will have and he's living vicariously through them to get it. Sadly, there's a few dopes out there that buy into the 'mad scientist' excuse.

12 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

HAHA. Now you want to give credit for doing what every parent is naturally supposed to do. Priceless.

Reminds me of this old Chris Rock bit: **WARNING NSFW, and excuse the 'N' word references as those are Chris Rock's views, not mine!**

The criticism he gets isn't for parenting his kids --  it's for using his kids platform as his own and leeching off their success/celebrity. And for acting like a complete douche the entire time he does it.

Lavar Ball isn't a big name athlete or celebrity. Nobody knew who he was until his oldest son became relevant. And now he's become 'infamous' because of the connection to Lonzo Ball and the boorish behavior along the way. That's his story in a nutshell.

There are plenty of celebs/athletes with similar backgrounds as Lonzo Ball that don't have one of their parents going in front of cameras or talking to media trying to gain attention every chance they get.

Lavar badly wanted what Lonzo has and LaMelo likely will have and he's living vicariously through them to get it. Sadly, there's a few dopes out there that buy into the 'mad scientist' excuse.

Well done with this.