Can JSerra beat Mater Dei?

ECHS05

12 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

While I can't say that you'd end up being wrong, my issue with your reasoning is that what Folsom has done or not done in previous seasons has absolutely no bearing on what might happen this season. It's really silly to even suggest that one has anything to do with the other. If Folsom's 2012 or 2013 teams were going to play a top 25 team from this season -- your point would have some merit.

But Folsom's 2018 team is a different team than those before them (they have more talent; better line play) and played a top 25 team in week 0 and competed fairly even. While they did lose, it doesn't mean they couldn't beat another top 25 team with whom they might match up even better against. Or perhaps they're even better than they were 2 months ago which would help bridge any gaps?

If Folsom's 0-4 record against top 25 (historically) meant what you're suggesting, then they should never play another one of those games because the past says they'll never win one of them. I suppose future IMG teams should never face MD again since this current team failed, right? (yes, I know CA won't allow them to play again).

Sorry, I just see citing past results of teams that contained entirely different rosters as missing the mark entirely. It's akin to claiming there's no evidence to suggest Buffalo and Minnesota can ever win a Super Bowl because they are both 0-4 all-time. The only thing the current and future players have in common is that they wear the same uniforms and play in the same city.

Folsom didn't just lose, they couldn't score and got SHUT OUT. The worst possible case scenario. Even if they run the table, the SHUT OUT has tarnished their season. Which will haunt them in the final polls. Until the DLS 27 year / 295+ NorCal baby seal slappy win streak is broken. Nobody outside of NorCal will ever take any team other than DLS seriously. Perception is reality.  

12 minutes ago, Exocet 98 said:

Until the DLS 27 year / 295+ NorCal baby seal slappy win streak is broken. Nobody outside of NorCal will ever take any team other than DLS seriously. Perception is reality.  

I would disagree with this to a point.  If other NorCal schools go out, play, and win games against the SS, or against quality OOS opponents, perception will change.  Because these games have not happened yet, the respect is not given.  Does not matter where DLS fits in the equation.

28 minutes ago, Exocet 98 said:

Folsom didn't just lose, they couldn't score and got SHUT OUT. The worst possible case scenario. Even if they run the table, the SHUT OUT has tarnished their season. Which will haunt them in the final polls. Until the DLS 27 year / 295+ NorCal baby seal slappy win streak is broken. Nobody outside of NorCal will ever take any team other than DLS seriously. Perception is reality.  

Hi Bestcoast

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Exocet 98 said:

Folsom didn't just lose, they couldn't score and got SHUT OUT. The worst possible case scenario.

I don't want to re-hash the game again, but if you saw it you know that Folsom had multiple chances to score and luck didn't break their way. Some are selectively hanging on the word 'shut out' as if it somehow means Folsom couldn't do anything on offense at all and never threatened to score. The score was 0-0 at the half and easily could have been 14-0 in Folsom's favor had the breaks and calls gone the other way. Regardless, that performance doesn't in any way affect Folsom's ability to beat some other top 25 team. You're just choosing to believe that it does. And you can believe whatever you choose, no matter how illogical it is.

12 hours ago, Exocet 98 said:

Until the DLS 27 year / 295+ NorCal baby seal slappy win streak is broken. Nobody outside of NorCal will ever take any team other than DLS seriously. Perception is reality.  

What does any of this have to do with the price in tea in China? Your response here in no way touches upon the point that was brought up and discussed.

On that note, I personally couldn't care less which teams you take seriously or not. There's some more reality for you.

18 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Fair enough.

I've seen no evidence that suggests Folsom would "roll" any team with a pulse. Foslom is a good team no doubt, but it seems that whenever Folsom is beating someone it's a hypothetical and not an actual result.

While I've seen enough of Folsom this season to feel extremely confident that they could beat some teams in the top 25 (they could have beaten DLS if a couple calls had gone their way), I completely understand your skepticism. Furthermore, I'm not disputing your point about there being lack of evidence to support that they'd "roll" another elite team. I fully agree with you on that point. My only contention was citing past records that in no way involved this current roster. And you've since acknowledged that it's not relevant so we're in complete agreement, I believe.

On 10/16/2018 at 7:06 AM, dntn31 said:

Fair enough.

I've seen no evidence that suggests Folsom would "roll" any team with a pulse. Foslom is a good team no doubt, but it seems that whenever Folsom is beating someone it's a hypothetical and not an actual result.

Since 2018, Folsom is 0-1 against CalPreps Top100 teams and 0-1 against CalPreps Top25 teams. They haven't beaten a single Top100 team in the last 1 season yet they would roll a near consensus Top20 team? Seriously?

Quit fixating on the word " roll ". What was meant by that word was " offensively speaking ".  My opinion is that J Serra  would not be able to stop Folsom's  offense. The real question would be, is J Serra's offense good enough to roll Folsom's defense ? 

14 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

You mean Sammy.

Normally I would agree with you but Sammy has calmed down on his Folsom hate-train a bit this season on all of his tags I'm aware of. Maybe it's because they stepped up their schedule... maybe it's because they're good and he can't deny it... maybe because blockhead is gone. Most likely all of the above. Bestcoast doesn't seem smart enough to be sammy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Extremely Humble said:

Normally I would agree with you but Sammy has calmed down on his Folsom hate-train a bit this season on all of his tags I'm aware of. Maybe it's because they stepped up their schedule... maybe it's because they're good and he can't deny it... maybe because blockhead is gone. Most likely all of the above. Bestcoast doesn't seem smart enough to be sammy. 

You don’t know what the heck your talking about Block. So sad. Lol

3 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

The devil stepped up.  I give them credit.  Not their fault Chaminade tanked this year.  Plus the devil is actually pretty good.  I don’t know about JSerra good, but possibly.  I would take the devil over MV tho 

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The devil stepped up.  I give them credit.  Not their fault Chaminade tanked this year.  Plus the devil is actually pretty good.  I don’t know about JSerra good, but possibly.  I would take the devil over MV tho 

Folsom was afraid of SJB. Only good team they played was DLS and they couldn’t even score. 

I get where you’re going Sammy. I feel sorry for NoCal homers also. It’s getting so pathetic. Bless there hearts! ❤️ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Quit fixating on the word " roll ". What was meant by that word was " offensively speaking ".  My opinion is that J Serra  would not be able to stop Folsom's  offense. The real question would be, is J Serra's offense good enough to roll Folsom's defense ? 

Fixating? Just using your own terms, bud.

I've seen no evidence that suggests Folsom would "roll" offensively against any team with a pulse. Folsom is a good team no doubt, but it seems that whenever Folsom is beating someone it's a hypothetical and not an actual result.

Since 2018, Folsom hasn't scored a single point against a Top100 team yet they would roll offensively against a near consensus Top20 team? Seriously?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Fixating? Just using your own terms, bud.

I've seen no evidence that suggests Folsom would "roll" offensively against any team with a pulse. Folsom is a good team no doubt, but it seems that whenever Folsom is beating someone it's a hypothetical and not an actual result.

Since 2018, Folsom hasn't scored a single point against a Top100 team yet they would roll offensively against a near consensus Top20 team? Seriously?

No use arguing Folsom's case any longer,  cause we will probably never get to see Folsom in a game to prove, or otherwise, disprove my prediction. By the way, do you just copy and paste ? Your responses seem identical to all your other posts. I was thinking I was reading the response wrong because it seems I saw these same words before  from you. Anyways, good luck to Bosco.   Maybe  Dela and Bosco go for the 3rd time in Open. We'll see.

1 minute ago, CaliNorth said:

No use arguing Folsom's case any longer,  cause we will probably never get to see Folsom in a game to prove, or otherwise, disprove my prediction. By the way, do you just copy and paste ? Your responses seem identical to all your other posts. I was thinking I was reading the response wrong because it seems I saw these same words before  from you. Anyways, good luck to Bosco.   Maybe  Dela and Bosco go for the 3rd time in Open. We'll see.

Yes, that was the idea I was going for: you can change the fringe details but the central argument remains the same. 

52 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Yes, that was the idea I was going for: you can change the fringe details but the central argument remains the same. 

There is a small chance that Folsom does get to play in the big game, and that is if Dela loses in North Coast. If Dela loses, than selection committee  would vote for Folsom to be Norcal Rep in Open. Then,  that  would be a whole other debate, because I can't imagine J Serra would be the Socal Rep.