Archer vs Grayson ESPN2

World Citizen

59 minutes ago, Ararar said:

I mean it sounds good and all and you would know the team better than anyone else but I’m going to reserve judgment until they play better competition 

And that is part of the problem.  *I* don't know California teams and *you* don't know GA teams.  You have seen snippets of what kind of team Archer is.  You've seen snippets of what kind of team Colquitt is.  You've seen snippets of what kind of team Marietta is.  You just can't evaluate a team based on snippets and looking at a box score.  The team I saw last night I will put up there with most any team in the nation.  I don't know if we win or lose but I know it will be a game.  I know the Colquitt people won't agree but the team last night could beat Colquitt.  I don't know if we would but we could.

The reality is that all of these fancy comparisons we do are just speculation as we don't really have a clue how any given team will do against another.  There is always the caveat that a Grayson is going to whup up on a minor league team and we all know that.  But when you get to the level teams we all follow here, nah, for me at least all bets are off.  We just don't have a way to do honest comparisons.  The Jersey guys have been smug since we lost to BC (see what I did there 😎 ) and I'll give them that because their team won.  But to extrapolate from that NJ is categorically better than GA is intellectually dishonest.  The sample is just too small.  Again, I don't know how BC is today but the Grayson from last night beats the BC team we played at the beginning of the season.  I certainly wouldn't take that to mean GA ball would be better than NJ if it happened, more that Grayson was better than BC on that day.

41 minutes ago, noonereal said:

With no kicking game you continually help your opponents offense but putting them in good field position. With all those penalities you aid the opponents defense, .It's like you guys are playing against yourselves. 

Again, you are looking at one or two games and extrapolating something that may not be valid.  I get an elite team doesn't have a kicking game that suffers but it does happen.  Our kicking game with the exception of those two games has really been pretty good.  God knows we've had the opportunity to have to use them.  Look at Colquitt's kicker.  He is acknowledged by many to be a stellar kicker that will be play at the next level if he chooses to.  He missed in the game against us.  Does that means he sucks at kicking?  Not hardly.  Way too small of a sample.

I totally agree on the penalties.  I said last night that we made 3 steps forward and 2 back all night long.  The encouraging thing for me was that the vast majority were for things that are easy to fix.  While we made some stupid mistakes we weren't making the boneheaded mistakes like personal fouls for unnecessary roughness.  Yes, I know there was one but in previous games there have been multitudes.

As I said, Coach has made some adjustments.  Hopefully the boys are recognizing that they have been listening to the wrong people.  It seemed that way last night.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Hell I lost my blackcard according to my friends and family because I don't eat Fried Chicken... 

Wait.  Forget black card, you are treading on losing your Southern card.  Don't eat fried chicken?  How do you exist?  😁

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, noonereal said:

IMHO, counting points is silly because the entire game changes depending on what does that place.

I mentioned points only because there seems to be this thought going around that BC boat raced us or stomped a mudhole or put a running clock on us.  That game was closer than it seemed if all you do is look at box scores.  If all BC had out there in the 4th was the JV then the coach isn't as smart as many make him out to be.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Do me a favor, tell me where you ranked Colquitt, Grayson, and Marietta. Also, Rome and Parkview. Nationally. 

Also what team from GA do you feel are top 100? 

Thanks

Colquitt Top 15

Grayson Top 50

Marietta I'd have them in-between 90-110 right now they can earn their stripes back though... 

Rome?... Lol wrong person... 

And I'm not sold on Parkview yet

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Fred said:

Again, you are looking at one or two games and extrapolating something that may not be valid.  I get an elite team doesn't have a kicking game that suffers but it does happen.  Our kicking game with the exception of those two games has really been pretty good.  God knows we've had the opportunity to have to use them.  Look at Colquitt's kicker.  He is acknowledged by many to be a stellar kicker that will be play at the next level if he chooses to.  He missed in the game against us.  Does that means he sucks at kicking?  Not hardly.  Way too small of a sample.

I totally agree on the penalties.  I said last night that we made 3 steps forward and 2 back all night long.  The encouraging thing for me was that the vast majority were for things that are easy to fix.  While we made some stupid mistakes we weren't making the boneheaded mistakes like personal fouls for unnecessary roughness.  Yes, I know there was one but in previous games there have been multitudes.

As I said, Coach has made some adjustments.  Hopefully the boys are recognizing that they have been listening to the wrong people.  It seemed that way last night.

It was more than the extra points in the kicking game. The ball appeared to get no further than the 30 on some kick offs. 

I have been watching national top 25 teams many many years  and these are the  things that cause the separation between the truly elite and where I see Grayson, about 50. 

9 minutes ago, noonereal said:

It was more than the extra points in the kicking game. The ball appeared to get no further than the 30 on some kick offs. 

I have been watching national top 25 teams many many years  and these are the  things that cause the separation between the truly elite and where I see Grayson, about 50. 

I was wondering about that as well.  All I can figure without asking Coach is we were staying away from their kick returners to minimize the possibility of a big play.  Our kicker has been putting 50% into the end zone and the rest inside the 5 *unless* he is staying away from someone.  Again, you are forming your opinion on a very small sample and that's the point I've been trying to make with everyone.  I'll see if I can find out why we weren't going deep with the kickoffs.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Name more than 15 teams that you can definitively say are better than Colquitt.

Oh,and don't forget to tell us why.

Truth is you've probably not even seen 15 teams play to even know what product they put on the field, much less compare them.

LOL

Hey, I know 25 I would bet on. 

I just don't understand why you guys think Colquitt is so good... and if they are, why haven't they shown it? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

You'd die down here... 

Everyone gets slammed with a label down here... 

Hell I lost my blackcard according to my friends and family because I don't eat Fried Chicken... 

You do have some unique eating habits, for a southerner you don’t partake of a lot of traditional southern food. 

BGW

3 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I gotta remember you're an older man... And can't tell the difference between Xbox and PlayStation... 

Not that I can’t tell the difference, it’s just that I don’t care 😜.

The operative point is that you bet and lost multiple game boxes ... 😢