Archer vs Grayson ESPN2

World Citizen

Just now, AztecPadre said:

Damn, where did you play and how good were you since you would have been good enough to play for NBA scouts?

Just now, AztecPadre said:

Damn, where did you play and how good were you since you would have been good enough to play for NBA scouts?

I’ll hafta pm that.... own 3 records at my alma mater and played in the Southland Conference against Joe Dumars and Karl Malone. 

BGW

• Like 3

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

You are a reasonable guy who does not troll so this post I find curious. 

How do you come up with this?

I thought the opposite, honest. I realized why Grayson had lost and why they would again. I don't expect Colquitt to have a problem with them if they meet again either. 

While we made some stupid mistakes last night, they were of the easily fixed kind.  The back going in motion laterally kept stepping forward before the ball was snapped for instance.  That's an easy fix.  The big difference and I mean huge difference was the boys had bought in as a team.  In the BC game, that wasn't there.  Yes we need to work on the kicking game but in the BC game the kicker let a ball go through his hands and then stood there and looked at it setting up the scoop and score.  Owen Pappoe fumbling at the 5 just doesn't normally happen.  That's 14 points right there.  I was literally screaming at the team to get up off the benches and support their fellow players a the BC game.  Last night, the team was engaged the whole time.  The only time they were sitting was when the O or D came off the field and they were sitting on the benches looking at video and being coached.  I saw our QB back to being confident and he made several plays happen including a touchdown pass here he extended the play by staying focused and ducking the pursuit.  There were a lot of other things that add up to what we all tend to refer to as the intangibles.  Even when we have won this year I haven't seen them.  Last night, they were there.  I've missed 5 games since the beginning of the 2008 season and last night we finally got back to what we used to do.  I told several players that as well.  Coach made several adjustments o the coaching style since the CC game and it shows as well.

Again, I have no idea how BC has changed since or game hence the caveat about the BC we played and not the BC of today.

Hope this makes sense.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fred said:

While we made some stupid mistakes last night, they were of the easily fixed kind.  The back going in motion laterally kept stepping forward before the ball was snapped for instance.  That's an easy fix.  The big difference and I mean huge difference was the boys had bought in as a team.  In the BC game, that wasn't there.  Yes we need to work on the kicking game but in the BC game the kicker let a ball go through his hands and then stood there and looked at it setting up the scoop and score.  Owen Pappoe fumbling at the 5 just doesn't normally happen.  That's 14 points right there.  I was literally screaming at the team to get up off the benches and support their fellow players a the BC game.  Last night, the team was engaged the whole time.  The only time they were sitting was when the O or D came off the field and they were sitting on the benches looking at video and being coached.  I saw our QB back to being confident and he made several plays happen including a touchdown pass here he extended the play by staying focused and ducking the pursuit.  There were a lot of other things that add up to what we all tend to refer to as the intangibles.  Even when we have won this year I haven't seen them.  Last night, they were there.  I've missed 5 games since the beginning of the 2008 season and last night we finally got back to what we used to do.  I told several players that as well.  Coach made several adjustments o the coaching style since the CC game and it shows as well.

Again, I have no idea how BC has changed since or game hence the caveat about the BC we played and not the BC of today.

Hope this makes sense.

It makes sense to folks that understand football and don't have an agenda where they need to freeze frame a snapshot in time to try to prove something today. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

6'5 is tall.  One of the biggest misconceptions, is that when people see a brown Latino, they just assume he or she is Mexican.  Central america and the southern states of Mexico are very short and tend to have high immigrant migration to the US.  They have more native blood in them, so they tend to be shorter.  However, many such as my family have a mix of native Aztec or Mayan blood along with European blood.  Not offensive at all. 

I'm 6'5 277  pounds... Currently... 

That honestly clears up alot though... 

I was always told to just use Hispanic to avoid offending anyone... 

After calling this Brazilian girl Mexican... 

She got pissed... 

But one thing I've learned in General Brazilians are feisty as hell.... And I like it...

• Haha 2

I wouldn't mind getting with a Columbian or Chilean girl.   

I've only met a Chilean girl once she could barely speak English but she was sweet enough to give me type 10 diabetes... 

Wonder if she woulda gave a Brotha a chance... 

35 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

6'5 is tall.  One of the biggest misconceptions, is that when people see a brown Latino, they just assume he or she is Mexican.  Central america and the southern states of Mexico are very short and tend to have high immigrant migration to the US.  They have more native blood in them, so they tend to be shorter.  However, many such as my family have a mix of native Aztec or Mayan blood along with European blood.  Not offensive at all. 

11 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I'm 6'5 277  pounds... Currently... 

That honestly clears up alot though... 

I was always told to just use Hispanic to avoid offending anyone... 

After calling this Brazilian girl Mexican... 

She got pissed... 

But one thing I've learned in General Brazilians are feisty as hell.... And I like it...

Was that the girl who "pantsed" you in Jr. High?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Fred said:

Hope this makes sense.

I mean it sounds good and all and you would know the team better than anyone else but I’m going to reserve judgment until they play better competition 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fred said:

Hope this makes sense.

Beating a team 41-14 the only mistake you made was not having a pizza party ready after the game... 

Damn the playoffs this year will be good...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I wouldn't mind getting with a Columbian or Chilean girl.   

I've only met a Chilean girl once she could barely speak English but she was sweet enough to give me type 10 diabetes... 

Wonder if she woulda gave a Brotha a chance... 

Haha.  Give me a Colombian or Venezuelan chick ANY DAY of the week.  Just smoking hot with sexy accents. MMMMMM

1 minute ago, The Comish said:

*Automated disclaimer message*

The views and opinions of our members, which may appear to be racist, do not reflect the official views of this site. 

-The Comish

*end automated response*

When he said "the north"  he meant Chihuahua is in the Northern part of Mexico.  Good knowledge from our leader. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Beating a team 41-14 the only mistake you made was not having a pizza party ready after the game... 

Damn the playoffs this year will be good...

Santa Margarita not only had a pizza party ready for after their Homecoming Servite game, but also a Victory Party and Dance.   LOL. 

#BeCarefulWhatYouWishFor

1 hour ago, Fred said:

While we made some stupid mistakes last night, they were of the easily fixed kind.  The back going in motion laterally kept stepping forward before the ball was snapped for instance.  That's an easy fix.  The big difference and I mean huge difference was the boys had bought in as a team.  In the BC game, that wasn't there.  Yes we need to work on the kicking game but in the BC game the kicker let a ball go through his hands and then stood there and looked at it setting up the scoop and score.  Owen Pappoe fumbling at the 5 just doesn't normally happen.  That's 14 points right there.  I was literally screaming at the team to get up off the benches and support their fellow players a the BC game.  Last night, the team was engaged the whole time.  The only time they were sitting was when the O or D came off the field and they were sitting on the benches looking at video and being coached.  I saw our QB back to being confident and he made several plays happen including a touchdown pass here he extended the play by staying foc used and ducking the pursuit.  There were a lot of other things that add up to what we all tend to refer to as the intangibles.  Even when we have won this year I haven't seen them.  Last night, they were there.  I've missed 5 games since the beginning of the 2008 season and last night we finally got back to what we used to do.  I told several players that as well.  Coach made several adjustments o the coaching style since the CC game and it shows as well.

Hope this makes sense.

IMHO, counting points is silly because the entire game changes depending on what does that place.

I can't image any Big north team losing to a team that commits that many penalties on offense and has no kicking game. 

With no kicking game you continually help your opponents offense but putting them in good field position. With all those penalities you aid the opponents defense, .It's like you guys are playing against yourselves. 

You guys owned the line play vs Archer, not the case vs BC.

Put it together and I can't see a different result.

Thanks for your perspective. Sure it makes sense, I just think you might be viewing it like you lose the BC game rather than BC won  it. 

I never thought BC had a chance vs Grayson before they played given your stable of super athletes,

• Like 1

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

Pretty sure the Commissioner felt that insinuating/perpetuating the stereotype that Mexicans short was a somewhat racist comment

You'd die down here... 

Everyone gets slammed with a label down here... 

Hell I lost my blackcard according to my friends and family because I don't eat Fried Chicken... 

• Haha 1