Archer vs Grayson ESPN2

World Citizen

1 hour ago, maxchoboian said:

If longevity is what determines the validity of a poster's opinions, we're in trouble. Luckily, other things such as understanding the game, objectivity, and common sense are important in evaluating teams -- regardless of how long someone has been looking at national polls/rankings.

You are being disingenuous in capsulizing my remakes to be of one determination.

If you ant to reject the wisdom in experience you may.  Most would find that foolhardy. 

53 minutes ago, noonereal said:

You are being disingenuous in capsulizing my remakes to be of one determination.

If you ant to reject the wisdom in experience you may.  Most would find that foolhardy. 

Experience isn't to be discounted, but it also is not mandatory that someone have "decades" of it. I find it foolhardy to suggest that following something for decades equates to automatically being more knowledgeable than others who may have only been following for a decade or less. There are other factors to consider as well. 

3 hours ago, noonereal said:

Not at all. It's just that some of the posters, like myself,  have been around decades following this stuff and they are the most knowledge people on national high school team football that their are. 

...you talking about soccer?. Your first 1000-2000 posts were mostly on soccer.

Just sayin'

Those of "us" who have been around for decades thought you were a "mom" at first.

26 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Experience isn't to be discounted, but it also is not mandatory that someone have "decades" of it. I find it foolhardy to suggest that following something for decades equates to automatically being more knowledgeable than others who may have only been following for a decade or less. There are other factors to consider as well. 

I don';t disagree.

Maybe reread my initial post again without "trying" to disagree because I posted it.

All I am saying is that most all GA posters are newish and that they are apt to be both more biased (as they are from GA)and less experienced as they are newish.  

20 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I don';t disagree.

Maybe reread my initial post again without "trying" to disagree because I posted it.

All I am saying is that most all GA posters are newish and that they are apt to be both more biased (as they are from GA)and less experienced as they are newish.  

Or less set in their ways because they don't know or really care how polls were compiled or the posters argued about them pre-2005.

;)

4 hours ago, noonereal said:

Not at all. It's just that some of the posters, like myself,  have been around decades following this stuff and they are the most knowledge people on national high school team football that their are. 

Nothing against Opie or Toaster or any of the Ga crew but I can't think of a one that was around, say in 2005 or earlier paying attention to the national scene.  . 

34 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I'm not "trying" to disagree with you. It just so happens that sometimes I do disagree with you, though.

Your initial post is most definitely implying that you have been following this for longer than the "Ga crew", which makes you more knowledgeable. And I disagree that just because someone follows something for longer, they are more knowledgeable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

I don';t disagree.

🏳️ I'm biased and I admit it.  It is those that fail to see their own biases that are misguided.  I know my limitations and freely admit them.  There are those here that pass themselves as the HS football gurus and pat their buddies on the back while not seeing their circular logic and echo chambers that reinforce their positions ... even when facts show otherwise.  Remember as I am fond of saying, we are least able to be objective about our own behavior.  I think that is what makes me shake my head when I see political arguments.  *Both* sides are doing exactly what they accuse the other side of doing so far as logical fallacies, name calling, "stretching" the truth, etc.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fred said:

🏳️ I'm biased and I admit it.  It is those that fail to see their own biases that are misguided.  I know my limitations and freely admit them.  There are those here that pass themselves as the HS football gurus and pat their buddies on the back while not seeing their circular logic and echo chambers that reinforce their positions ... even when facts show otherwise.  Remember as I am fond of saying, we are least able to be objective about our own behavior.  I think that is what makes me shake my head when I see political arguments.  *Both* sides are doing exactly what they accuse the other side of doing so far as logical fallacies, name calling, "stretching" the truth, etc.

Good post. You are totally on point. 

Good thing you have me. 😀

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

Right?

After a decade and a half, Nor still doesn't know shit about high school football.

8 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Right?

After a decade and a half, Nor still doesn't know shit about high school football.

It's longer than that my friend. Late 90's. When the internet made this stuff begin to be understandable. 

Why do I have a major problem with some teams in GA and most in TX? 

FL, no beefs. OH, never a word. MD underrated and I say it.CA the best in the country at present. I freely say that NJ has no top teams the last two years.

I never speak to how the ball bounced the wrong way or who was injured or how much stronger my teams are now than when we played so and so which plagues the GA posters. 

Maybe I really am objective? (as much as one can be given we are all human so can';t ever be totally unbiased) 

I have no ties, biases for CA, OH, FL, MD. I may be biased for NC a bit but I never post about NC. Heck, I don't even knock AZ or Utah. 

Never a negative word about the undervalued teams in Michigan or Illinois. I don't even dump on the teams that Trinity* plays and that is where my bias lies.  TRinity*.

Why do I not bash Grayson, Buford or Marietta? 

Why is the black eye thread the most popular thread here? 

Think about it. 

6 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I go away for a few days and Nor and friends get all out of check... 

Damn y'all could argue over anything... 

I shouldn't just say y'all because I too am just as bad... 

But damn I could say Kiss is the best band to have ever existed and half y'all would tell me why my opinions wrong.

Well, you could have picked a worse band to claim that about. 

That's all I'll say on that. 

8 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Well in Hawgie's defense, Kiss ain't shit on the music spectrum.

Personally the song  Beth in my opine was the only KISS song worth a damn.

Regards,

BGW

Kiss in their prime were great entertainers, and, they marketed everything. They had everything from tshirts like normal bands, to action figures, lunch boxes and even trash cans. 

They had a few good songs, but, no really great ones imo. 

• Like 1