Panama City Beach about to become Michael Beach...

RedZone

Seeing the video and stills of Panama City Beach, Panama City, Tyndall AFB and Mexico Beach are pretty sobering. 

I have quite a few friends that live in PCB and most left, but, one family stayed. I haven't heard from them since noonish yesterday when they posted a pic of a tree down on their house on facebook. I figure it may be a while before I hear from them now.

Today, in my neighborhood, we did the stuff neighbors are supposed to do. I went around and checked on my neighbors, most who couldn't hear me if I yelled from my house. 

Worked a nice neighborly barter deal with one upon checking in. We were discussing the damages that we had and I mentioned going to buy shingles to repair my roof. My neighbor pointed out his roof missing some shingles as well. 

He had shingles in his shed. I had nails and youth on him. We swapped out my helping repair his roof in exchange for enough shingles to repair mine. Saved me a trip to Home Depot and we both come out with our roof repaired without waiting on roofers etc. No need to file insurance claims either.  Also neighborly stuff was done. 

I expect there will need to be a lot of stuff like that done down on the coast. God bless them all. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Seeing the video and stills of Panama City Beach, Panama City, Tyndall AFB and Mexico Beach are pretty sobering. 

I have quite a few friends that live in PCB and most left, but, one family stayed. I haven't heard from them since noonish yesterday when they posted a pic of a tree down on their house on facebook. I figure it may be a while before I hear from them now.

Today, in my neighborhood, we did the stuff neighbors are supposed to do. I went around and checked on my neighbors, most who couldn't hear me if I yelled from my house. 

Worked a nice neighborly barter deal with one upon checking in. We were discussing the damages that we had and I mentioned going to buy shingles to repair my roof. My neighbor pointed out his roof missing some shingles as well. 

He had shingles in his shed. I had nails and youth on him. We swapped out my helping repair his roof in exchange for enough shingles to repair mine. Saved me a trip to Home Depot and we both come out with our roof repaired without waiting on roofers etc. No need to file insurance claims either.  Also neighborly stuff was done. 

I expect there will need to be a lot of stuff like that done down on the coast. God bless them all. 

I think trump is headed down to check it out in a week or two....he's been busy entertaining MFing free thinking rappers and etc at the White House.

I'd bet that the Florida panhandle contingent of "global warming is the greatest hoax ever" just went down considerably.  Hopefully, people around the rest of the United that believe that it is a "hoax" will take heed of what is actually happening.  The water in the Atlantic Ocean and Gulf is getting warmer which causes much more moisture in the atmosphere and much more atmospheric turbulence.  I wonder how many more of these catastrophes will have to happen before people start to realize that the real hoax is to believe that it isn't happening.

8 hours ago, stanscript said:

I'd bet that the Florida panhandle contingent of "global warming is the greatest hoax ever" just went down considerably.  Hopefully, people around the rest of the United that believe that it is a "hoax" will take heed of what is actually happening.  The water in the Atlantic Ocean and Gulf is getting warmer which causes much more moisture in the atmosphere and much more atmospheric turbulence.  I wonder how many more of these catastrophes will have to happen before people start to realize that the real hoax is to believe that it isn't happening.

People as a whole are truly dumb and like it that way. It is what it is. I'd give up and look out for mine and my closest if I were you. 

Most of the ones you argue with on here will wait til the world is done and kill you and your family to take your last can of sardines and 2.5 gallon can of gas.

xD