What is wrong with liberals?

HSFBfan

3 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Thank you for saying that. 

And I agree that it's a stupid tweet. 

That's my point. The Right (correctly) hates the idiots on the Left who try to get people fired from their jobs for holding or expressing views they disagree with, or for expressing views they find offensive. But now we see the idiots on the Right doing the very same thing.

The stupidity is deep and disgusting. But it goes on and on and on.

See now you finally gotten to the meat and potatoes here.  What you consider “expressing views they find offensive” somebody else can easily construe for a “direct, threat on the life of a Supreme Court Justice.” What is really ironic is that this hate expressed through a 55 character tweet is a result of said tweeter being enraged by someone with who presumably “expresses views they (she) finds offensive.” I think we are both on the same page after all.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Thank you for saying that. 

And I agree that it's a stupid tweet. 

That's my point. The Right (correctly) hates the idiots on the Left who try to get people fired from their jobs for holding or expressing views they disagree with, or for expressing views they find offensive. But now we see the idiots on the Right doing the very same thing.

The stupidity is deep and disgusting. But it goes on and on and on.

People "on the right" just want the hypocrisy to stop so they call out the same bullshit that always happens to them. 

Antifa is causing chaos and violence in the streets daily and it gets ignored by the MSM. But a few dumb redneck white supremacists crawl from under a rock to get together in public for some dumb shit there is wall to wall coverage like it's a state of emergency that needs evacuating. White supremacists are conflated with conservatives which is racist in itself 

The hypocrisy is eye popping 

7 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

See now you finally gotten to the meat and potatoes here.  What you consider “expressing views they find offensive” somebody else can easily construe for a “direct, threat on the life of a Supreme Court Justice.” What is really ironic is that this hate expressed through a 55 character tweet is a result of said tweeter being enraged by someone with who presumably “expresses views they (she) finds offensive.” I think we are both on the same page after all.

I think we are in general agreement.

And I agree that somebody could easily construe her tweet as a direct threat on someone's life, but that person couldn't have a 3-digit IQ.

12 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

People "on the right" just want the hypocrisy to stop so they call out the same bullshit that always happens to them. 

[...]

It sounded a little bit to me like someone wanted her thrown into jail. 

A much, much more effect rhetorical move for the Right would be to defend the girl's right to tweet stupid jokes.

Call it tasteless and immature and unfunny and even vicious, but don't call it a threat on someone's life and call for her to be thrown into jail.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

It sounded a little bit to me like someone wanted her thrown into jail. 

A much, much more effect rhetorical move for the Right would be to defend the girl's right to tweet stupid jokes.

Call it tasteless and immature and unfunny and even vicious, but don't call it a threat on someone's life and call for her to be thrown into jail.

It sounds like you should apply your IQ requirements equitably between both sides.

9 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

It sounds like you should apply your IQ requirements equitably between both sides.y

Show me the way.

Was your claim that her tweet could easily be construed as a genuine threat an unfunny joke?

Or was HSFBfan's claim that the law requires that she be arrested an unfunny joke?

Just now, Belly Bob said:

Show me the way.

Was your claim that her tweet could easily be construed as a genuine threat an unfunny joke?

Or was HSFB's claim that the law requires that she be arrested an unfunny joke?

Sorry, you missed my intent.  Thinking I’m more clever than I actually am.  My attempt at a jab toward our friend referenced in your second question obviously fell short.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Sorry, you missed my intent.  Thinking I’m more clever than I actually am.  My attempt at a jab toward our friend referenced in your second question obviously fell short.  

I'm swinging at everybody, man.

My apologies. 

But I'm tired of it.

I don't know how it happened, but I've somehow become a member a this little community, and I'm tired of seeing the constant, stupid political threads, from both sides. 

It's not the politics that bothers me. It's the stupidity. 

It's one thread after another with nothing to offer but the same old opinions you'll hear six times before you get to the office in the morning. 

Why come here to the football forum and parrot them back 25 more times before the day is up?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

What?

You said it's "certainly not a joke".

You can make a joke out of almost anything. Whether it's funny is another question.

But since I'm into free speech, I think we should determine whether someone is telling a bad joke on social media or really calling for the assassination of a Supreme Court Justice before we lock her up.

I'd expect my conservative friends to back me up on that.

But my conservative friends often make Forrest Gump look like Sir Issac Newton. 

BB, I’m for free speech also. She has the right to say whatever she wants without persecution from the government.....assuming she’s joking of course. So once the FBI crawls up get ass with a microscope for threatening a sitting Supreme Court Justice, and it’s determined that she was in fact just joking, she can go about her merry way being completed retarded. You have the right to say what you want, but remember that you are responsible for what you say. People seem to forget that little part lately.😊

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blueliner said:

BB, I’m for free speech also. She has the right to say whatever she wants without persecution from the government.....assuming she’s joking of course. So once the FBI crawls up get ass with a microscope for threatening a sitting Supreme Court Justice, and it’s determined that she was in fact just joking, she can go about her merry way being completed retarded. You have the right to say what you want, but remember that you are responsible for what you say. People seem to forget that little part lately.😊

That's a good point. 

Just because you have a right to express your political views, it doesn't mean you should exercise that right.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

That's a good point. 

Just because you have a right to express your political views, it doesn't mean you should exercise that right.

Exactly. We see this on both sides for sure.  Everyone now has the ability to exercise their free speech from the comfort, annonimity, and security behind a screen name ...without consequences. That potentially is a big problem. 

19 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

You had me at California.  Honestly I think the state of California intentionally does the most fucked up shit to build their case for secession from the US.

• Like 1

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

You had me at California.  Honestly I think the state of California intentionally does the most fucked up shit to build their case for secession from the US.

Cant succeed though. The state is literally just out of their collective minds and if I had a kid in that classroom you bet your ass I would pull my kid out asap and make sure my displeasure was heard. 

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

That crook is one of the most corrupt politicians of our time. Trump should have fired every top guy at the FBI, hired all new ones and investigated Hillary and everyone worked for Obama 

I agree. Not sure what jeff sessions is doing. Havent heard from him in months