Demarkcus Bowman Lakeland RB

badrouter

7 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I’m thinking if Barry Sanders has the Cowboys line blocking for him, Sanders wouldn’t have been running for his life... okay I’m FOS...

But Coach Sanders up a bit and he’d make Emmitt look pedestrian. 

Exceptional lateral and explosiveness. 

Dosett would “leak” through the hole then explode up the field. 

Seeing the field and letting the game slow down. 

BGW

If Sanders had Emmitt's lines all rushing records would be untouchable.  It is known.  He might even have the G.O.A.T.'s overall touchdown record.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, SJR 04 said:

A RB is only as good as the holes he gets to run through.

That's fair. Which is to say, if the claim is that Lloyd is as good as Bowman, that Lakeland's blocking was better than Dematha's. That might be pretty basic and obvious, but if you ask the Jeff Fisher's of the world, they won't even grant Lakeland was better than Dematha. Despite the dramatic difference in both record and result with a common opponent.🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

12 hours ago, nptb17 said:

I've seen pro's miss wide open holes.  Like what was going through your mind on this play?  There is no one here and everyone over there.  You ran to where everyone is.

You seem to be describing many of my experiences with women. 😂

Not really just couldn't resist!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, badrouter said:

That's fair. Which is to say, if the claim is that Lloyd is as good as Bowman, that Lakeland's blocking was better than Dematha's. That might be pretty basic and obvious, but if you ask the Jeff Fisher's of the world, they won't even grant Lakeland was better than Dematha. Despite the dramatic difference in both record and result with a common opponent.🤦‍♂️

There are probably people who voted STA as best in FL even though they may not have even been best team in their county

I'm not 100% convinced they were better than Chaminade and Cardinal Gibbons

All 3 probably same tier but I think they could have all traded wins with each other

41 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

There are probably people who voted STA as best in FL even though they may not have even been best team in their county

I'm not 100% convinced they were better than Chaminade and Cardinal Gibbons

All 3 probably same tier but I think they could have all traded wins with each other

They were better than CG and Chaminade. CG played a good half vs Central but then was slaughtered 48-21. STA led Central after 3 quarters. CG also got crushed by Milton. Chaminade lost to Deerfield Beach, which got beat by 32 by STA. 

But, there's no doubt that many still can't help themselves with being infatuated with the teams with 20+ DI recruits.

1 minute ago, badrouter said:

They were better than CG and Chaminade. CG played a good half vs Central but then was slaughtered 48-21. STA led Central after 3 quarters. CG also got crushed by Milton. Chaminade lost to Deerfield Beach, which got beat by 32 by STA. 

But, there's no doubt that many still can't help themselves with being infatuated with the teams with 20+ DI recruits.

Both those losses by CG and by Chaminade were first few weeks

By December those 2 closed the gap with STA

• 3 weeks later...

Bowman recently was clocked at 10.55 in the 100 meters at an FHSAA event. Chris Rainey's personal best 100 meter time, per athletic.net? 10.60. So, Rainey had a bit more "cat quickness", but can't claim a better 100 meter time. For a back pushing 200 lbs and was seen running through tacklers for STA, 10.55 100 meter time is BLAZING fast. As a 16/17 year-old junior in HS, he figures to be able to improve upon that time should he so desire.

• Like 3

Lakeland's offensive line was solid, but Bowman made plenty of yards after contact, and his ability to finish runs with authority sets him apart from other backs that may have his speed or even be a step faster. When you combine a kid with his physical traits and overall toughness and ability to will his way past defenders, you have a pretty special player.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Fresh off a 10.41 100m time, Bowman committed to Clemson today, in a mild surprise. While you can say any video announcing a decision by a kid in HS is automatically dumb, I think this one is pretty good. I imagine it would be difficult not to like the kid after watching this. 

Bowman commitment video

Nah things have been looking that way for a bit.    Ehhh nothing new.   We've got a couple solid backs, but hurts these kids want to follow trends and not start them.   Can't blame a kid for wanting to play at Clemson.     

3 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Nah things have been looking that way for a bit.    Ehhh nothing new.   We've got a couple solid backs, but hurts these kids want to follow trends and not start them.   Can't blame a kid for wanting to play at Clemson.     

Yeah, it's a bit surprising just coming from a bit of a Gator pipeline. At the same time, a lot of Lakeland's guys were interested in Clemson but I'm not sure Clemson was super interested. Zipperer may have been the only one with a legit offer, and even then I'm not sure. 

I will say that video has a feel of "this is a done deal". Although for all we know they filmed two endings lol.

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

I will say that video has a feel of "this is a done deal". Although for all we know they filmed two endings lol.

Yeah you never know, but honestly he probably has an easier route to play at Clemson anyways.   Perine and then you have the young stud Damien Pierce (who's a stud).   Then Davis, and a bunch of other new guys...In fact I would be surprised if we don't have a RB transfer out before the year starts.   

9 minutes ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

We are at the point now where committing to Clemson shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, pipeline school or not. After what the Tigers have accomplished the past few years, they can basically be in the conversation for anyone in the country.

Clemson has been sketch, now that their good I'm sure they've been playing by the book.   lol.   It's definitely easier now though for sure. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

When you do *that* to Bama you shoot to the top of a lot of lists.

True, but who the hell were they when they stole top tier studs CJ Spiller and Sammy Watkins out of FL?    They've always gotten studs out of FL somehow.  Even when the big three were much better. 

• Like 1

Clemson is as good as it gets now. But I do think they have had some good fortune in getting there. Relatively easy conference schedule. And then they've gotten some good breaks to get into a couple of playoffs. Can't forget seeing them lose, at home, to an unranked Pitt team, in November and turning to my buddy and saying "they're done". And he said "nope, they're fine". They dropped maybe one spot or none after that loss and then went on to win the playoffs.