Demarkcus Bowman Lakeland RB

badrouter

Finally, a highlight Lakeland needed to have if it is to go 15-0 and beat STA.  As I've said, the QB had shown nothing all year. Word was he was injured-he didn't start vs. Manatee to start the season. Practice time apparently was limited, he was well below 100%, lack of rhythm with new teammates etc. And when Bowman, the defense and special teams rack up quick TD after quick TD, games are out of hand before anyone else gets much of a chance to do anything. The QB's junior highlights looked pretty good. Finally, he made an appearance this season! 

http://www.hudl.com/v/2AcWsz

• 1 month later...

Bowman broke Chris Rainey's school record for rushing TDs in a season, scoring his 32nd TD tonight as he rushed for 260 yards in Lakeland's 49-30 win over Plant. Presumably, Lakeland is due for another big fall in the computer and national rankings as Plant is yet another team from the weak state of Florida. 👄

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/10/2018 at 4:41 PM, Columbiafan said:

First this Lakeland defense is better than the one who held STA to negative yards at state now a RB better than Rainey??

If this is the case we should just cancel the rest of 7a playoffs and hand Lakeland the state title because no one would have a hope of coming within 50 points of them if all this is true

While we at it we need to put Lakeland to number 1 nationally

Welllll....😀

On 10/9/2018 at 6:57 PM, nptb17 said:

I don't see it.  From that footage, he's not better than Rainey.  The kid is just out running weak defense's.  His speed is legit that is all I can tell from that footage.  Truth be told Rainey wasn't the best back on his team.  Jamar Taylor was the grits.

Take it up with Rivals, 247sports, the coaching staffs of Clemson, Alabama, Florida etc :)

10 hours ago, Texasvic said:

Florida folks, what region or metro areas of florida plays the best football?? Rank em for me. Im curious. 

That's a tough question.   There are good teams everywhere and for the most part fluctuates (save for Greater Miami)

1.  Greater Miami  "South Fl"  Which is Dade, Broward, Palm Beach counties is going to be number 1 every year. 

Then you have Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville that are a bit harder to rank, but if I had to...I'd put it in that order.   Jacksonville has been stepping up their game a bit.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, 954gator said:

That's a tough question.   There are good teams everywhere and for the most part fluctuates (save for Greater Miami)

1.  Greater Miami  "South Fl"  Which is Dade, Broward, Palm Beach counties is going to be number 1 every year. 

Then you have Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville that are a bit harder to rank, but if I had to I'd put it in that order.  Jacksonville has been stepping up their game a bit.

I would honestly have to give a edge to Orlando in that list of 3 

Jacksonville has some good teams but really Trinity is only one elite consistently 

Raines has been good lately but they need to prove they can last, Mandarin can develop into a elite program but again need to prove they can last as well

Bolles is in serious decline

Several others are decent but not elite than a lot of very bad teams

Orlando is much deeper than Duval

And with Tampa it feels like they been carried by armwood and plant for a while and until someone else can prove they have staying power they will still be a bit behind some of the other Metros

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Texasvic said:

Florida folks, what region or metro areas of florida plays the best football?? Rank em for me. Im curious. 

That's a bit of a vague question. One area might play really good football but with less average talent per team. And vice versa. The greatest concentration of talent is in neighboring Dade and Broward counties. And, with the current trend of players wanting to play together on stacked teams, your best bet in finding elite teams is by looking in those counties. But, you'll also find a lot of stinkers there as well, due to a few programs ending up with all the best players.

12 hours ago, 181pl said:

Plant in 8A now. Lakeland lost a lot of players on defense from 2018 team. They also lost Zipperer and that beast of a FB/LB #19. Even with Bowman, they will have a difficult time repeating in 7A.

The 2018 team was the best Lakeland has ever had, and one of the top handful of teams in state history. So, we can assume the next team won't be as good. 

I think Armwood may be the top challenger to STA in 2019. At brief, early glance, Armwood looks loaded.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, badrouter said:

The 2018 team was the best Lakeland has ever had, and one of the top handful of teams in state history. So, we can assume the next team won't be as good. 

I think Armwood may be the top challenger to STA in 2019. At brief, early glance, Armwood looks loaded.

Armwood still has to get past teams like viera, wekiva and Lakeland in 7a north

Planation and Atlantic Delray are no slouches and will be in STA region then you have Venice and Dwyer in region 3 

Simple point is STA is going to be in a dogfight if they want to win 7a 

But honestly I see wekiva and Lakeland as much bigger threats than armwood

Keep in mind the Apopka coach left so there a good chance a lot of players at Apopka will end up at wekiva

10 hours ago, badrouter said:

Besides armwood always looks loaded on paper, how often does that help them?

They are basically the DFB of central FL only their region has been weak last few years but you switched teams and armwood would have been having DFB success and DFB in 6a north would have constantly made finals only to lose to a elite Dade team

On 3/6/2019 at 9:59 AM, Columbiafan said:

I would honestly have to give a edge to Orlando in that list of 3 

Jacksonville has some good teams but really Trinity is only one elite consistently 

Raines has been good lately but they need to prove they can last, Mandarin can develop into a elite program but again need to prove they can last as well

Bolles is in serious decline

Several others are decent but not elite than a lot of very bad teams

Orlando is much deeper than Duval

And with Tampa it feels like they been carried by armwood and plant for a while and until someone else can prove they have staying power they will still be a bit behind some of the other Metros

Oh I agree just saying that Jacksonville has played themselves into the conversation the last few years.  Before that i wouldn’t have even put them in the same tier as those other two.    

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Oh I agree just saying that Jacksonville has played themselves into the conversation the last few years.  Before that i wouldn’t have even put them in the same tier as those other two.    

With Jacksonville if we wanted to include some of the north St John's teams like Bartram Trail or ponte Vedra their argument gets better but that depends on whether people view those 2 as being Jacksonville metro teams

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

With Jacksonville if we wanted to include some of the north St John's teams like Bartram Trail or ponte Vedra their argument gets better but that depends on whether people view those 2 as being Jacksonville metro teams

Close enough, even if Jax is 9000 square miles and you gotta drive 80 mph to get to either in an hour.....

Of course I embellished on the square miles, but area wise Jax is one of the largest in the U.S. 

Regards,

BGW

12 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Armwood still has to get past teams like viera, wekiva and Lakeland in 7a north

Planation and Atlantic Delray are no slouches and will be in STA region then you have Venice and Dwyer in region 3 

Simple point is STA is going to be in a dogfight if they want to win 7a 

But honestly I see wekiva and Lakeland as much bigger threats than armwood

Keep in mind the Apopka coach left so there a good chance a lot of players at Apopka will end up at wekiva

Good point about Apopka/Wekiva. No telling just how stacked Wekiva may end up being.

Armwood scares me the most outside of STA. Looks like they had a lot of underclassmen leading the way last year. And I think the makeup of their teams would give STA problems as well. We have to wait and see what everyone's transfer situation looks like. But, it wouldn't surprise me at this point if Armwood wins 7A in 2019.

I still think 05 Lakeland smokes 18 Lakeland.

Armwood will be good but they fail at the state title level annually against the Miami teams. We'll see how they do. Never really know which Armwood team you are going to get. They look unbeatable some weeks and then show up flat as a pancake when titles are on the line. Been that way for almost a decade now. 

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

Armwood will be good but they fail at the state title level annually against the Miami teams. We'll see how they do. Never really know which Armwood team you are going to get. They look unbeatable some weeks and then show up flat as a pancake when titles are on the line. Been that way for almost a decade now. 

Which is exactly why I hope they don't make finals, they would just lose to STA since they already proven they can't beat those South Florida powers these days

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 181pl said:

Me too.   Maybe not smokes, but STA played horrible that last game.     If they played a bunch of times I think they'd split, but not 05 Lakeland.