Demarkcus Bowman Lakeland RB

badrouter

14 minutes ago, badrouter said:

ALL of the college coaches and recruiting services diagree with you. But, perhaps you're correct and they're all wrong.

What do you mean?  You don't think Rainey could have went anywhere he wanted?  He was never not going to go to Florida.  A lot of coaches didn't waste their time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

Yes, this Lakeland defense is better than that one. Comfortably. But the Columbia and STA offenses of this year are better than 2004 STA offense, also likely by big margins.

Yes, better RB and possibly better OL. QB has been disappointing thus far. If the hamstring injury wasn't to explain for it and he's really what he's shown to be, Lakeland will be one dimensional on O, which means they'd have to win a defensive strugge vs. STA and a couple others. Highly doubt Columbia could keep Bowman under 200 yds and 3-4 TDs though assuming they score ~20 or more points and play up-tempo.

With all due respect to Lakeland if you all are one dimensional we will put you all in a dogfight 

If this defense is healthy we will be tough against the run,  we had 3 defensive starters out and for a while held the Miami commit for Trinity Christian in check and i expect this defense to get better, in other words don't pack bags for Orlando yet but way things are looking we may see you all first Friday in December up in Lake City and if you get there early i wouldn't mind meeting up pre game, I'm a competitive person but I'll make a exception and be willing to speak with some Lakeland fans bc i have serious respect for that program 

1 hour ago, nptb17 said:

What do you mean?  You don't think Rainey could have went anywhere he wanted?  He was never not going to go to Florida.  A lot of coaches didn't waste their time.

While I think Rainey could have gone wherever he wanted, I'm not sure it was a slam dunk he was going to play RB everywhere. There was talk of him maybe ending up in the slot and/or playing the role Percy Harvin played.  Bowman is a RB all the way, and he's currently rated higher than Rainey was in the various top 100-300 lists.

4 minutes ago, badrouter said:

While I think Rainey could have gone wherever he wanted, I'm not sure it was a slam dunk he was going to play RB everywhere. There was talk of him maybe ending up in the slot and/or playing the role Percy Harvin played.  Bowman is a RB all the way, and he's currently rated higher than Rainey was in the various top 100-300 lists.

Rankings mean jack.  I'm about results.  Rainey had production at all levels.  

14 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

With all due respect to Lakeland if you all are one dimensional we will put you all in a dogfight 

If this defense is healthy we will be tough against the run,  we had 3 defensive starters out and for a while held the Miami commit for Trinity Christian in check and i expect this defense to get better, in other words don't pack bags for Orlando yet but way things are looking we may see you all first Friday in December up in Lake City and if you get there early i wouldn't mind meeting up pre game, I'm a competitive person but I'll make a exception and be willing to speak with some Lakeland fans bc i have serious respect for that program 

Nah I think it will be a hell of a dogfight with Columbia. That's assuming Lakeland beats Plant, which just based on the last couple seasons is naive to assume. Looks like the game would be at Columbia as well. Columbia is probably the most explosive offense in 7A. Lakeland  D is really good at forcing turnovers and plays for big losses. My sense is that most of Columbia's plays will go for zero or negative yardage vs. Lakeland...but they will also hit some big plays and score a few TDs. I'd favor Lakeland to win because I think they are deeper and better in the trenches, which is an even bigger advantage given how fast and how many possessions Columbia will generate. Lakeland just has too many good players and too much depth in the trenches for most teams. Lakeland does have the ability to hit the deep ball and has a screen game. So, if opponents have to sell out to stop the run game, they can burn people through the air. 

I'd be happy to meet up...but I live in California lol. Hoping for a good livestream of these big games!

6 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Rankings mean jack.  I'm about results.  Rainey had production at all levels.  

Sure. And so far, Bowman only has a sophomore season and half a junior season at the high school level. As far as career accomplishments go, he can't yet hold a candle to Rainey. Rainey holds the Lakeland season individual rushing TD record with 32 in his senior season. Bowman is at 22 just seven games into this junior season. If he avoids injury and Lakeland avoids an early playoff exit, he should get past Rainey's record. So, stay tuned!

9 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Nah I think it will be a hell of a dogfight with Columbia. That's assuming Lakeland beats Plant, which just based on the last couple seasons is naive to assume. Looks like the game would be at Columbia as well. Columbia is probably the most explosive offense in 7A. Lakeland  D is really good at forcing turnovers and plays for big losses. My sense is that most of Columbia's plays will go for zero or negative yardage vs. Lakeland...but they will also hit some big plays and score a few TDs. I'd favor Lakeland to win because I think they are deeper and better in the trenches, which is an even bigger advantage given how fast and how many possessions Columbia will generate. Lakeland just has too many good players and too much depth in the trenches for most teams. Lakeland does have the ability to hit the deep ball and has a screen game. So, if opponents have to sell out to stop the run game, they can burn people through the air. 

I'd be happy to meet up...but I live in California lol. Hoping for a good livestream of these big games!

Unfortunately our coach is against live streaming games at home but maybe some third party might or maybe I'll just stream it privately and not tell Columbia until afterwards 

• Haha 1

I just checked and counted nineteen (19) different players who have played and played well in meaningful action on the offensive and defensive lines for Lakeland. Five of them are 3* or better with Power 5 offers. So, basically IMG, Mater Dei and STA are about it as far as schools that can top that. Maybe I'm missing someone. So, in a game with a bunch of possessions, that is going to show up in the 2nd half.

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Unfortunately our coach is against live streaming games at home but maybe some third party might or maybe I'll just stream it privately and not tell Columbia until afterwards 

haha I'd pay for a livestream! But yeah we'd probably need a 3rd party and I'm not sure who that would be for a state semifinal. Ugh

10 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Idk if you have seen Columbia yet but be warned

Several thought when watching highlights that we didn't have speed but as soon as they saw us in person they quickly were admitting they underestimated the speed of the playmakers and the size of the linemen

Columbia doesn't get a ton of credit normally and if it wasn't for IMG most would still think we would just be a regional team with no shot of making Orlando 

I do think you are underestimating Columbia but when it gets closer I'll definitely watch some games of Lakeland and see this team for itself,  in fact if i get ahead of my work this week I may go and watch Lakeland vs Manatee game 

While i think Lakeland is talented I think we would get yards on them 

Trinity is a pretty solid defense and could only hold us to 30 points and we did put up 34 on IMG national team starters in a half

This offense will find way to score,  Lakeland will have to be able to put up points to keep up with Columbia but they still have to get past viera/plant winner 

Both teams have stopped lakeland from deep runs recently

3 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I just checked and counted nineteen (19) different players who have played and played well in meaningful action on the offensive and defensive lines for Lakeland. Five of them are 3* or better with Power 5 offers. So, basically IMG, Mater Dei and STA are about it as far as schools that can top that. Maybe I'm missing someone. So, in a game with a bunch of possessions, that is going to show up in the 2nd half.

Maybe go and watch our IMG game 😂 

I'll post it up in a sec

5 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Granted preseason game but if you listen to broadcast it is clear that they are playing their studs throughout the game but shows what this offense is capable of 

08-17-2018 vs IMG Academy (Part 1)

https://www.facebook.com/IMGAcademy/videos/248527309327058/

08-17-2018 vs IMG Academy (Part 2)

https://www.facebook.com/IMGAcademy/videos/459886124497234/

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Idk if you have seen Columbia yet but be warned

Several thought when watching highlights that we didn't have speed but as soon as they saw us in person they quickly were admitting they underestimated the speed of the playmakers and the size of the linemen

Columbia doesn't get a ton of credit normally and if it wasn't for IMG most would still think we would just be a regional team with no shot of making Orlando 

I do think you are underestimating Columbia but when it gets closer I'll definitely watch some games of Lakeland and see this team for itself,  in fact if i get ahead of my work this week I may go and watch Lakeland vs Manatee game 

While i think Lakeland is talented I think we would get yards on them 

Trinity is a pretty solid defense and could only hold us to 30 points and we did put up 34 on IMG national team starters in a half

This offense will find way to score,  Lakeland will have to be able to put up points to keep up with Columbia but they still have to get past viera/plant winner 

Both teams have stopped lakeland from deep runs recently

Speed wouldn't have been the area I would have doubted Columbia. I know their skill guys on offense are blazing fast, which is why I say they're probably the most explosive offense in 7A.

No doubt, until Lakeland actually does get over the Plant hump, they can't be assumed to do as much. Plant seems to have our #, regardless of talent.

• Like 1

Heres something to note

Against Trinity Christian 

3 defensive starters out including our best pass rusher and tenacious run stopper 

4 turnovers including 2 turnovers in a row to open second half (both resulting in short field and TCA tds)  and a fumble in red zone by Columbia 

Yet we came a 2pt conversion at the half yard line away from going to Trinity and winning after we had to leave and come back a day later

In other words at Columbia worst all season we came a 2pt conversion from beating a top 10 FL team on the road 

Just imagine what we could do at our best :)

but best believe I'm up for playing Lakeland because that means we are back in final 4 and it would have a special feeling considering that even though they haven't played in almost 100 years there is some serious history between Lakeland and Columbia 

Bill Castle was a assistant coach under Paul Quinn before taking over at Lakeland 

Paul Quinn was the head Coach of Columbia only state championship in football in 1967

now Bill Castle is longest tenured coach and coming towards end of coaching career most likely (he's been coaching since mid 70s at Lakeland)

this could be final shot at a State title so it's 2 programs that both desire to reclaim past glories with fresh faces

"...but best believe I'm up for playing Lakeland because that means we are back in final 4 and it would have a special feeling considering that even though they haven't played in almost 100 years there is some serious history between Lakeland and Columbia "

I drove to Lake City to watch Lakeland beat Columbia at Columbia in 2001. And Lakeland won the return trip in 2002 at Lakeland. But, that might seem like 100 years ago to some people 😂

33 minutes ago, badrouter said:

"...but best believe I'm up for playing Lakeland because that means we are back in final 4 and it would have a special feeling considering that even though they haven't played in almost 100 years there is some serious history between Lakeland and Columbia "

I drove to Lake City to watch Lakeland beat Columbia at Columbia in 2001. And Lakeland won the return trip in 2002 at Lakeland. But, that might seem like 100 years ago to some people 😂

I don't have any record of that

Was it regular season game? 

On 10/9/2018 at 5:34 PM, badrouter said:

Bowman (c/o 2020) is by far and away the best RB to ever play for the Dreadnaughts. Comparable 100m speed with Chris Rainey, but he adds about 30 lbs. of muscle and runs much better in traffic. If Lakeland is to go 15-0 and knock off Plant, Columbia and STA, they'll have to ride him and their defense. Here are seven games worth of highlights from this season. http://www.hudl.com/v/2AMyxN

Sorry to break it to you, but Lakeland will not go 15-0 and will not win state. Your principal back is very good but your team is just not good enough to win the 7A crown. 

On 10/10/2018 at 7:57 PM, nptb17 said:

Wait a minute. The Bush tapes and the GOD Noel Devine have something to say about that.  lol

Noel Devine had the best tape ever. Incredible stuff.

And I was at that same Lakeland-St. X game in Cincy. Rainey returned that opening kick for a TD then like you said didn't do much. Taylor was impressive. That was a fun game.

1 hour ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

Noel Devine had the best tape ever. Incredible stuff.

And I was at that same Lakeland-St. X game in Cincy. Rainey returned that opening kick for a TD then like you said didn't do much. Taylor was impressive. That was a fun game.

You know Rainey and Devine got together in an empty parking lot for a foot race?!  True story!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1