What up Texas?

DevilDog

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

Week 4 Pickems:  Since  this is the last week that most teams will play before District this will be the last week of the pick ems till the Playoffs.  I think this is the best week with big OOS game and all the classes listed has great instate matchups.  Some games are tonight.  Please get your picks in as soon as possible 

@Horsefly @Frosty4024 @Nolebull813

6A

North Crowley

SLC

Cibolo Steele

Willis

Longview

6A vs 5A

Lubbock Cooper

5A 

Highland Park

College Station

Texas High

Fort Bend Marshall

4A and Below 

Carthage

Parish Episcopal

Celina

Bellville

Madisonville 

Kilgore

Picks are above.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

My picks:  in  Bold 

6A

#3 North Crowley @ #16 Rockwall 

#6 SLC @ Euless Trinity 

@14 Westlake @ #9 Cibolo Steele

#21 Willis @ @ #12 The Woodlands 

#29 Longview vs. La #1 5A Ruston, La. #59 in the Nation

6A vs. 5A

Wolfforth Frenship @ 5AII #7 Lubbock Cooper

5A 

5AI #2 Highland Park vs. 5A #1 Cherry Creek, CO

5AI #4 College Station @ #7 College Station A&M

5AII #4 Texas High @ # AR #3 7A Fayetteville, AR

5AII #7 Fort Bend Marshall @ #6 Richmond Randle 

4A and Below 

4AII #1 Carthage @ 4AI #2 Tyler Chapel Hill

TAPPSI #2 Parish Episcopal @4AI #5 Austin LBJ

3AI #3 Franklin @ 4AI #4 Celina  Leery with this one.  

4AII #3 Bellville @ 3AI #6 Hitchcock  This is a hard one too

3AI #2 Columbus @ 4AII #10 Madisonville 

4AIi Pleasant Grove @ 4AI #8 Kilgore

NC

SLC 

Westlake 

Woodlands 

Longview 

Lubbock Cooper

Highland Park 

College Station

Fayetteville 

Marshall 

Carthage 

Parish 

Celina 

Bellville 

Columbus 

Kilgore 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Champa said:

Watching Hitchcock/Bellville. Hitchcock at Silsbee next week should be fun.

Looks like North Crowley is about to pull away from Rockwall.

I Took Hitchcock  in my picks. They loss to LSSS by 1 pt who has played a Monster schedule.  5A ranked PAM and S.W. Prep 4A #2 Episcopal every game tight that's how good the top 3A teams are.  And They are not the best Malskoff and Columbus would give most 5A Teams hell.  

Legacy School of Sport Science (LSSS) Schedule and they are suppose to have DI Talent.  This is proof little 3A Hitchcock can ball.  They loss by 1 pt to a team that gave 5A Power PAM hell and S.W. Prep power losing in OT.  LSSS plays every game on the road 😎

Date    Opponent    Result    Game Info
8/30    @ Hitchcock W 37-36

9/6   @ Port Arthur Memorial L 41-36

9/13    @ Episcopal L 28-21 (OT)

• Like 1

Hitchcock can ball, but they look pretty small on defense besides one or two kids. Crazy how they managed to stop the much bigger team on offense tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if some of that old La Marque DNA didn't make it's way over there. Will see them in person next week.

Legacy is good, but they don't seem to be getting any better than what they've been the past year or two. PA was blowing them out before they let their foot off the gas. Some of the talent they have probably would've been at Westfield in past seasons. I think they play in their Texas/Louisiana showdown today.

• Like 1

Looks like 3* QB Josh Brantley (Tulane commit) will start against Longview tonight. He had a bum ankle and didn't play last week against Cabot, AR.

Should be a pretty good game. I would imagine close to 10,000 will pack Lobo Stadium. Ruston normally travels pretty well and the weather will be great. 

Josh Brantley update👇

But Ruston has its own playmaker at quarterback to account for in senior Josh Brantley, who is expected to return to action tonight after sitting out Ruston’s win over Cabot due to an ankle injury.

Brantley, a Tulane commit, had 191 passing yards and 168 rushing yards with 4 total touchdowns in the Bearcats’ opener against Acadiana.

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

Looks like 3* QB Josh Brantley (Tulane commit() will start against Longview tonight. He had a bum ankle and didn't play last week against Cabot, AR.

Should be a pretty good game. I would imagine close to 10,000 will pack Lobo Stadium. Ruston normally travels pretty well and the weather will be great. 

Josh Brantley update👇

But Ruston has its own playmaker at quarterback to account for in senior Josh Brantley, who is expected to return to action tonight after sitting out Ruston’s win over Cabot due to an ankle injury.

Brantley, a Tulane commit, had 191 passing yards and 168 rushing yards with 4 total touchdowns in the Bearcats’ opener against Acadiana.

Funny that the only time I seen Red Flag post about a TX vs La game is the number 1 team from Louisiana playing. Never mind Louisiana is 0-7 currently this year vs Texas. Were those stadiums rocking? 

3 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Looks like 3* QB Josh Brantley (Tulane commit) will start against Longview tonight. He had a bum ankle and didn't play last week against Cabot, AR.

Josh Brantley update👇

Ruston 3* QB Josh Brantley is 6-4 218 lbs.

Very athletic. He throws the ball well enough, but needs a little more polish. Tulane will polish him up.

Screenshot_20240920-145543-650.png

Small note:

Per the Bayou forum..  the Ruston JV beat the Longview JV 38-36 yesterday. Hopefully the varsity game will be just as good. Longview will travel to Ruston next year. Anyways,

I'll be at the Rummel/Shaw game tonight with the family, but I'll be checking in on mobile.

Screenshot_20240920-151652-441.png

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Josh Brantley update👇

For sure hasnt been 10k in that stadium since they started broadcasting the games every Friday night. Last time I remember there being 10k plus was vs #5 Lufkin in 2015.

6A

North Crowley @ #16 Rockwall 

SLC

Westlake

#21 Willis @ @ #12 The Woodlands 

Longview

6A vs. 5A

Lubbock Cooper

5A 

Highland Park 

College Station A&M

Fayetteville, AR